Not a Happy customer

Reaction score
So my 43 year old son was having a good time flying his drone that I had bought him for his birthday ( the last toy) when he started to receive magnetic interference warnings on his screen, so he landed it and put it away. He then contacted DJI support and followed there directions to reset the drone. That did not work. Contact them again and again followed there instruction to reinstall firm ware , that also did not work. I had given it to him on his 43 birthday 11/28/2016. Again DJI support was contacted, they say it needed to be sent in for repair. He contacted them again and received his RMA and I sent it in for him. I followed the tracking number from UPS it showed it had been delivered on Friday. My son then checked on his claim repair I think on Tuesday and was told $ 229.00 for the repair. Now keep in mind that this all happened with in the 1 year warranty . He then called the repair and spoke to a rep and was told that his warranty was only 6 months. When I had bought it for him it was a 1 year warranty. He questioned the rep. about the warranty and was told that they would check into it and call him back with in 48 hours. Well after waiting for the return call for 4 days he called them back. This time he was told that his warranty had been void due to it having been crashed. He asked for a copy of the report from the drone that showed when and where it had been crashed, Rep told him that they could not do that ( what a way to get out of a warranty repair) His drone had NEVER even come close to being crashed. Feeling sorry for him I went ahead and paid the extortion fee so that he could get his drone back. I for one will never buy another DJI product nor recommend one.

I'm so sorry you had this experience. From what I have read online and in this forum, DJI is FAR below par as far as Customer Service is concerned. I wish I could do something to help you. I havent crashed my P4P yet...but I know that day is coming. It will be a while though, because when I crash it, I will probably trash it because I am so afraid to send anything to DJI. Isn't that sad?

Your son should had login to this forum and uploaded the flight log so the experts here could analyze it and see the issue before sending the drone to DJI.

Did you talk to a manager or supervisor? When something like that happens you should ask the customer rep for a manager. Don't forget to ask for their names and the call log/ticket #. Just tell them you need it to file a complain. See how that goes.

Did you buy it somewhere else? If yes, then you should go back to that place and talk to customer service. Ask for the manager.

Last edited:
This is why I learn as much as I can about this stuff. I refuse to send it in not knowing if Ill get charged for a repair that should be warranty. if I cant fix it myself Ill sell it for parts and buy a new one or keep it for parts for myself. I stay out of Prison that way, You wanna see what a seriously mad Marine looks like? hold something of mine for ransom because you refuse to honor a warranty. Its gonna be an ugly day for sure and not for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello