No WiFi connection

Reaction score
I bought a new phantom 4 plus and it will not connect to my WiFi. My WiFi is working fine. It is a wireless system. Do l need to connect it by using the usb cable?

Reactions: loktite and Oso
And then, when your done, take the props off, and utilize the flight simulator inside DJI go 4 :p

I bought a new phantom 4 plus and it will not connect to my WiFi. My WiFi is working fine. It is a wireless system. Do l need to connect it by using the usb cable?

You don’t need separate wifi to fly P4. It uses its own network. Yes you would need wifi once to login to your account.

How did you attempt to connect it?

I turned on controller and drone and put in my account login.
That could be your problem then. It will not automatically connect to your Wi-Fi network the first time.

Before opening DJI GO, swipe down from the very top of the screen and connect to your Wi-Fi network.

That could be your problem then. It will not automatically connect to your Wi-Fi network the first time.

Before opening DJI GO, swipe down from the very top of the screen and connect to your Wi-Fi network.

Should I have both the controller and drone on before I try to connect

The drone does not need to be powered on in order to connect the remote controller to a Wi-Fi network.

Is there any documentation on which domains the controller uses to access maps, firmware updates, etc? I think my work wifi is denying access and I have been forced to use a hotspot. To be clear, the UAV connects to the network and authenticates, but claims no internet access even though other devices connected to the same network do have access. Perhaps it is using google.cn or some other website hosted in another country that is being blocked??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan