No Warranty service from DJI for broken PH4 with valid B&H receipt

Reaction score
This is my problem.
My phantom 4 is broken after losing connection.
I send it in for repair.
Dji wants $218 for repair service.
I ask them why?
It's still under warranty!
I send my proof of purchase.
I bought it last year from B&H for $1550.
Dji said: no warranty repair because my receipt from B&H is for phantom 4 pro!
I got a phantom 4.
Now looking over the receipt it says
DJI phantom 4 pro.

What should I do?

Reactions: chris01376
That means you have a phantom 4 pro and you purchased it last year. Take a look online, DJI offer only 6 months of warranty for the pro. If it's frame related, no warranty.
Here is the link: DJI Warranty Period of Main Parts[/QU
It means he has a phantom 4 pro receipt. I followed your link. Good luck DJI saying no warranty on some components, that won’t stand in most jurisdictions. Statutory guarantee of acceptable quality for example.

The issue is B&H send me a phantom 4 but I paid for a phantom 4 pro according to the invoice.
I have never notice it till now when I needed the warranty service.
Any thoughts?

Don't know if it's too late but contact B&H and let them know that you found out that what u paid for was for a phantom 4 pro and they sent you a phantom 4. Hopefully at least they exchange you the phantom 4 for a refurbished phantom 4 pro, because I doubt they will give you a brand new one when you purchased it last year. But you never know and they in fact send you a new one!

Reactions: jephoto
Also check to see if the serial number on your receipt matches the serial number of your P4 and the serial number on the box. Did they send you a P4 in a P4+ box or was it in a P4 box? If your serial matches the one of the receipt, you'll have an easier time getting B&H to remedy their mistake.

Reactions: Chopperimage
The issue is B&H send me a phantom 4 but I paid for a phantom 4 pro according to the invoice.
Any thoughts?

This is very worrying. Please send me an email at [email protected] and include your original order number and the serial number of your Phantom. Let me see what I can find from our end and how we can resolve this.

Last edited:
B&H has great customer service. If they really sent you the wrong product, I'll be willing to bet they replace it.
And that's a bonus to you.

Have you looked at the file sizes/dimensions of your raw files? Are they 12mp or 20?
If 12, you have a P4, if 20mp, it's a 4 Pro...

How bad is it broken? Spend $30 on a new shell, go to the shop, say you had problems and DJI wont accept it as it's listed as the wrong model on the receipt.

Remember...

The receipt is a legal binding contract between you and the store

If the receipt doesnt mention that ANY DJI PROBLEMS MUST GO TO DJI then they are liable for a replacement

Failing that... Get judge Judy on their àss

Any thoughts?

How does one not notice such things. The mind boggles. In your mind did you set out to buy a P4P or P4. You say you paid the price of a P4P but is that what you wanted/ordered. Then what you got is not what you ordered but you did not notice until later on. How not.

How does one not notice such things. The mind boggles. In your mind did you set out to buy a P4P or P4. You say you paid the price of a P4P but is that what you wanted/ordered. Then what you got is not what you ordered but you did not notice until later on. How not.
To be fair I done the same many times for electrical goods. Including my drone. Bought it, collected the receipt and just saw DJI on their as a glimpse before putting the receipt in my pocket. It's just a normal thing. Also have to consider that some people may be dyslexic (not suggesting the OP is) so may not be able to spot the mistake straight away

Trust me... B&H has some of the best customer service anywhere I have experienced. I have used them for over 15 years and order from them monthly... they have always made things right.

Reactions: Bazza.
Does it have obstacle avoidance sensors on all 4 sides? Should be pretty obvious if you have a p4 or p4 pro

Yeah - anyone that would pay a considerable uplift for the P4P would ( I can't imagine any scenario that one would not) know the difference out of the box between the two. Could have been a quick call to seller the moment you received.

Reactions: phayes1711
Yeah - anyone that would pay a considerable uplift for the P4P would ( I can't imagine any scenario that one would not) know the difference out of the box between the two. Could have been a quick call to seller the moment you received.
This isn’t about what it could have been, we know it wasn’t from the OP’s description of what it is. It would seem from the above post that B&H are going to sort this out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl