No telemetry on vision app

Reaction score
So i got two drones birds only off ebay with bad cameras fixed and them. can get every thing to work including fpv video but no telemetry i.e., alti,speed, distance,GPS satellites etc. every thing i tried in assistant app had no effect. Transmitter is working fine after binding them. Checked connections and wires going to gimbals so far no luck. All updates are good.
Both drones are doing the same thing. My other v2p that i use is working fine
I use iphone 6s for fpv.
Have done a lot of searching but not finding anything that helped.

Hey bill
Have opened the birds?
The wifi unit pulls telemetry from the CAM port, on the vision mainboard, this is the wire I'd check first, also check the 2 components ( resistors, or? I'm not sure what they are ) they are located below the cam port, see if one is burnt? You will physically see it if it is. Lastly it could still be a faulty wifi unit? If you can try to swap your good unit ( working bird ) for a unit from the birds you bought, see if working bird still works? This will tell you if wifi or phantom main board is bad. Let us know. ( if it still works then it is wiring or mainboard issue? )

Try this and get back to me!

J Dot
:cool:

well swapped some parts around to day. It's mot the wires and not the modules ( that was a surprise ) and no burnt marks by the cam port. Must be either main boards or board in the Gimbals. I,am thinking gimbal board the both had bent parts on gimbals. next is to put one on my good drone.

Remember,
Those mainboards burn when you try to upgrade extender.
Maybe the crash broke something? Or bad mainboards.
If the wifi units work with your good camera, than most likely gimbal boards, I have several, but no wifi's. lol.

You can try to swap gimbal boards around, this will tell you if the other boards are bad!

I have several boards, but no wifi units.
IMG_0179.JPG

Let me know.
J Dot

Reactions: RCBill
Well i tracked it down to the gimbal board by swapping gimbals around with my good drone. The good gimbal works on the bad drone the bad gimbal doesn't work on the good drone. when the gimbal yaw arm gets bent it must have damaged the board or maybe when the ribbon cable gets damaged it shorts out something. Just thinking out loud
Thanks again for your help.
I have Pay-pal if would like to sell a good one.

Hey J Dot just looked at you about profile Pool Builder. I lived in orange park florida for 21 years and built pools from a bout 1975 to 1984. small world. wife are thinking about moving to the southern gulf area.

Lol
That is funny! My oldest brother is the builder, my next brother and me, do most of the work, I enjoy it. Back to Florida huh?
I love it here! i was born here, but raised in San Diego California, then moved back after high school! I'll be here for a while, but would like a cabin in the mountains one day.,:rolleyes:

Ha ha, but surely gad to have another pilot in the area for sure!
I have a gimbal, I built from parts, some not so great, lol, kinda a makeshift camera, but has a good board, the reason I built it, all the other cameras are 100%, was going to eBay them to finance a couple new wifi modules from my buddy. But I don't mind taking apart the makeshift gimbal, as camera board has broken ribbon clip, and looses connection all the time, tried tape and even glue, but always ends up failing, so back to the spare parts bin!
I'm not sure what they go for.. or what to charge?
I'll ask my buddy, I don't charge eBay prices, they are BS.

I'll let you know
J Dot

The clip on the camera board itself ( where the camera lens attaches ) not the gimbal board it is perfect.

J Dot

On another note I put the top shell from of the other drones on mine and I doesn't work. I looked it over and the ceramic piece is not cracked that I can see. Any ideas might I need one of those too.

All I can find on the Ebay are new ones and a few used and if they have been crashed I have to wonder about the boards. Is that board called the gimbal yaw board ?
Thanks

Hey Bill,
Sorry been busy,
Yes ( vision gimbal board ), will pull it up, but they are hard to find for the plus.
I'll get that price tonight for you, also

On the GPS
there are 2 different versions, version one where the compass plugs into the gps unit, and version 2, where Compass plugs into phantom main board, because gps is missing the connector.

Make sure they are the same version, or plug them in correctly if not.
I have seen them go bad before, also if they tried to put a 4mm patch antenna on it, it may have a bad solder joint, or damaged board?
I have a few extras of them, both versions. If you need one I'll send it along.

Mike was out of town, he should be back now, so I'll try to reach him, he sells them for less than anybody, so I'll see what he says, as I trust his pricing, what it is worth, not eBay inflated bs. Lol

Talk in a bit!
Jerry

I also have a working wifi module. Tested on my other drone. It's not the V3 one with the holes in it and the copper tape.has not been removed If your interested ?

Yes
I'd definitely be interested in the wifi, does your COMPASS hook to gps puck or phantom mainboard in CAM PORT?

Not sure what it's worth to you, but if you want I'll swap you the gimbal board and gps for the wifi module, or let me know what you need for it.

Jerry

Sounds like a good trade. The gps puck that i need goes to the black gps connector on the main board. the compass on landing gear goes to comp connector behind gps connector. cam connector goes to gimbal board. does that sound correct ? my phone 717 513 5152 if you need to call.
thanks

Oops
My fault meant COMP, not CAM, lol
That is a version 2 gps. Now if you want I can upgrade the antenna, as I have a few extra 4mm patch antennas left, or I can leave it stock, whatever you prefer.
If you give me your addy, I can send out tomorrow, as I have another package to send as well.

Also have you tried the GPS booster insert? I have an extra I can send, will help with more sats locked. ( 4mm antenna makes a stronger signal, will get sattelite lock indoors )

Let me know
Jd

Here is my addy

Jerry Dotson
4212 Longhorn Dr.
Sarasota, Fl. 34233
941-894-8284

Yes the 4mm one and booster sound great.
I will ship tomorrow also
Bill Albaugh
215 Apt. 1 Main St.
P.O. box 13
Port Royal. Pa. 17082

717 513 5152

Thanks
Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads