Back after 2 years and can't get phone app to work?

Reaction score
It seems DJI stopped all support for our old Phantom 2+ drones? I cannot find a dji go, dji pilot app that connects to either of my phantom 2 vision+ drones... I can fly them blind with no cell app support so know they are working.

One has nice 2.4ghz wifi sig I can connect to (other does not show up)... but it offers up no video or telemetry in the app - apps just say no connection

My last used app, Lichi for P2, looks nice, but it does not connect either.

So I think my 5ghz controller to drone works since I can fly it.

but neither can connect to my phone. one extender shows up on phone wifi and I can connect phone to it but app does not use it. Other does not even show up on phone.

I have tried the various reset buttons to no avail.

Any hope for my old equipment? Or does someone have a copy of the old dji vision app they could send me to try? I have a feeling the newer apps just don't have the BINDING to MAC address settings my old model needs?

THANK you Rod!! I forgot all about that GREAT site! I cannot believe BOTH my drones stopped video feed AND telemetry; I understand the eprom chip issue needing reload, and both of these have sat for probably 1 year since last use (all working), but that does not affect the telemetry I do not believe, so I probably have something fixable going on - like android 9.0 does not work with any of the phantom 2 apps maybe...

I will be busy for hours reading and trying all the stuff I downloaded from the phantomhelp.com site. I do have an android 8.x phone, and an old one like I used to use I can try.

I assume since you lost yours a long time ago you moved on? Might I ask which one you would recommend today if I get bit again and need to upgrade? :)

Reactions: RodPad
thumbs.jpg

Dude! You made my day!

@msinger also needs some credit! ;)

"Might I ask which one you would recommend today if I get bit again and need to upgrade?"

Sure, when your ready, price point, new used, needs, so much has changed, and changing. ;)

Rod

Last edited:
I can get both extenders to output wifi SSID, I can connect to either from my android 9.0 phone, but no program makes connection it will use thru extender to either drone... With your help site (ah yes, thank you @msinger), I was able to download and install dji vision app; it at least lets me try the binding setting. I can bind, it sometimes shows as NEW CAMERA but when I leave that page and come back the info is lost and telemetry/cam still do not connect - app shows SSID wifi connected but dji phantom app when I go into it says no connection. I really am thinking android 9.0 incompatibility... I am about to try phone 2 with android 8 on it. if no go, then will try my wife's antique phone....

Buying a like-new $ 500 maveric made a lot more sense than spending all these hours of trying to make my antique p2v+ work, but hey...

So will I spend over $1k again on a new drone? Never - two at $ 1400 was enough (I was too cheap to even do that but one of my customers loved his p2v+ so much he bought me two in exchange for some technical help). Would I jump at a used maveric at $300? Yes. would I consider a $ 500 state of the art drone? Yes. I am past accepting 1300ft range. Does that give enough specs to offer your opinion on what I should consider? thanks.

Wow, I impressed that you think my opinion is impressive. ;)

I was hoping you would give me at least 6 months, or somebody would chime in.

P2V+
$1400, with an extra battery, sounds familiar.
My mom had gave me $1000, $500 Birthday, $500 Xmas.

January 2015
It was defective when I got it.
Live video if I got to work, would last about 2 mins.
Made me very careless flying it.

The camera would always record, I would just fly it until I lost signal and it would come back.

I finally gave up, sent it in for repair, got it back 6 weeks later, replacement I'm not sure.

This actually works, I'm liking it.
I'm still flying a little careless, used to it coming back when I loose signal.

July 26th 2015
The day I lost it, I lost Telemetry and Video about 1/4 of mile away, no problem I still can see it, I will just do the normal procedure, and loop around.

Well, I'm sure it was about 3/4 mile, when it went down.

Sorry,
The PV2+ $1400 hit me.
I had to tell I little bit of my story. ;)

I would still like to find it, Leave No Bird Behind! :rolleyes:

"So will I spend over $1k again on a new drone? Never - two at $ 1400 was enough (I was too cheap to even do that but one of my customers loved his p2v+ so much he bought me two in exchange for some technical help) "

Technical Help?

If you get a PM from me?
Ignore it!

Rod

Reactions: yorlik
haha! And thanks for your fly away story! Too bad you didn't have that Marco Polo on IT at that time.

So what would you recommend for a step up replacement for today?

Reactions: RodPad
I really can't say, so much new stuff.

The P3S did do better than the P2V+, on remote control distance.
I liked both because somebody else can have the mobile device watching the footage (out of the sun).
My dad wanted some footage around his house, he had my tablet in the garage, I was in the sun and he was telling which way to fly.

The P3A, P3P hook to your tablet with USB cable, but the distance and clarity way better.
Other than that I would like to have every model made.

Rod

The P3S did do better than the P2V+, on remote control distance.

That does suprise me a lot, I mod a facebook group for the P3S and all i see day in day out is how bad the P3S is when it comes to distance, I think the P2V plus beats the P3S hands down as the Range extender is built into the controller on the P3S

he was telling which way to fly.

Not something I would do as my dad dont know his left from his right lol

Other than that I would like to have every model made.

Wouldn't we all mate.

"That does suprise me a lot, I mod a facebook group for the P3S and all i see day in day out is how bad the P3S is when it comes to distance, I think the P2V plus beats the P3S hands down as the Range extender is built into the controller on the P3S"

Your probably right.

Mine could have still been defective, maybe intermitting. Seems like once it quit, sometimes It would start working again or I had to restart all.

That day it was about a half mile when I lost video and telemetry.
I believe after a lot of searching and calculating it is about 3/4 mile away from the take off point.

At first I really didn't know what happen, I was just looking for it.

Later I thought I may have spun it the wrong way, it was getting hard to see. Then I thought maybe the wind had taken it away, but just wasn't that windy, I was flying about 100' above my take off point.

Today I think it was a bird hit it, it just disappeared.
BTW I could hear the props like it was hung up for about 2 minutes, my wife heard it also.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20