NO SIGNAL - No Camera Video on display

Reaction score
I bought my P3P new in June 2015. Last update I did was V1.3.20 years ago. Since then no updates to anything. It has performed
well all these years - until today.
Now I get "NO SIGNAL" in red on my iPad Air2 display.
All DJI Go aircraft data is there - distance, height, orientation, battery info, etc. and I can start and stop the motors.
The camera itself is working - meaning I can pan the camera, start and stop a video from the RC, and the video is saved on the SD card.
Move the SD card to my desktop PC and video plays fine - just no video on the iPad.
So it seems all the data transmission between the AC, the RC, and the iPad is working except for the camera video transmission to the iPad.
I've restarted the AC, the RC, the DJI Go app, and the iPad multiple times - no change.
The DJI Go app shows no errors except for the red "NO SIGNAL" in the display.
The AC locks in GPS mode and is ready to fly with all LEDs indicating normal.
Swapped a new USB cable from the RC to the iPad - no change.
The AC has over 300 flights, never been in an accident, the shell has no cracks and has never been opened. I'm even using the original props that have never been damaged or removed.
Note on the attached pic the red "NO SIGNAL" and that the HD Video signal strength indicator shows 5 bars.

20190503_093712-2.jpg

Just no video on the iPad.
As a guess, I assume the AC has a video transmitter and the RC has a video receiver and that either could be at fault?
If I had a spare RC I could re-link it and eliminate one or the other. Anybody in the greater Chicago (Naperville), IL USA area have a P3P RC to do a quick test?

Anyway, I'm not afraid to dig in and disassemble things - just not sure where to begin.

I'm also not afraid to let an expert do the repairs as well.

Thanks for any help.

Reactions: nimble
I bought my P3P new in June 2015. Last update I did was V1.3.20 years ago. Since then no updates to anything. It has performed
well all these years - until today.
Now I get "NO SIGNAL" in red on my iPad Air2 display.
All DJI Go aircraft data is there - distance, height, orientation, battery info, etc. and I can start and stop the motors.
The camera itself is working - meaning I can pan the camera, start and stop a video from the RC, and the video is saved on the SD card.
Move the SD card to my desktop PC and video plays fine - just no video on the iPad.
So it seems all the data transmission between the AC, the RC, and the iPad is working except for the camera video transmission to the iPad.
I've restarted the AC, the RC, the DJI Go app, and the iPad multiple times - no change.
The DJI Go app shows no errors except for the red "NO SIGNAL" in the display.
The AC locks in GPS mode and is ready to fly with all LEDs indicating normal.
Swapped a new USB cable from the RC to the iPad - no change.
The AC has over 300 flights, never been in an accident, the shell has no cracks and has never been opened. I'm even using the original props that have never been damaged or removed.
Note on the attached pic the red "NO SIGNAL" and that the HD Video signal strength indicator shows 5 bars.

View attachment 111059

Just no video on the iPad.
As a guess, I assume the AC has a video transmitter and the RC has a video receiver and that either could be at fault?
If I had a spare RC I could re-link it and eliminate one or the other. Anybody in the greater Chicago (Naperville), IL USA area have a P3P RC to do a quick test?

Anyway, I'm not afraid to dig in and disassemble things - just not sure where to begin.

I'm also not afraid to let an expert do the repairs as well.

Thanks for any help.
You mentioned a desire to relink with a spare RC, but have you tried to relink with your current RC? I know that you've explained that your AC responds and you've shown a photo indicating a link, but sometimes we see a No Signal message fixed with a relink.

Another issue has been that people accidentally set their EV so negative that the image goes dark. We had one of those just a couple of weeks back. Since you've said that your recorded video is fine, the EV issue does not apply in your case.

No image on the mobile device with everything else working normally is one of the most reported issues with P3Ps here on the forum. Maybe try this search for 'no image transmission' to see a few suggestions. There is also this troubleshooting flow chart developed by @quaddamage in part due to how common the issue has been over the years.

Also, would you mind posting your LOG_AB file? It would be helpful to see if your modules 8/15 are showing as "device not detected" which is a very common symptom when this issue arises. Note that the "LOG_AB" file is completely different from the routine "RESULT_AB" file you check for the "success" indication when you update FW. If you don't know about the LOG_AB, follow the link above for info.

Last edited:
What happens when you click on HD ? It should give you channel selection,like the p3s channel can't be changed unsure if pro the same,,it might want relinking even though it linked already,it says no signal so it not communicating properly,

You mentioned a desire to relink with a spare RC, but have you tried to relink with your current RC? I know that you've explained that your AC responds and you've shown a photo indicating a link, but sometimes we see a No Signal message fixed with a relink.

Another issue has been that people accidentally set their EV so negative that the image goes dark. We had one of those just a couple of weeks back. Since you've said that your recorded video is fine, the EV issue does not apply in your case.

No image on the mobile device with everything else working normally is one of the most reported issues with P3Ps here on the forum. Maybe try this search for 'no image transmission' to see a few suggestions. There is also this troubleshooting flow chart developed by @quaddamage in part due to how common the issue has been over the years.

Also, would you mind posting your LOG_AB file? It would be helpful to see if your modules 8/15 are showing as "device not detected" which is a very common symptom when this issue arises. Note that the "LOG_AB" file is completely different from the routine "RESULT_AB" file you check for the "success" indication when you update FW. If you don't know about the LOG_AB, follow the link above for info.
?

Sorry I have not responded sooner. "Life" has simply gotten in the way! :)

I did do a RC to AC re-link - no change.

Yes, before starting this thread, I did find several similar posts with the same problem but most contained an associated pre-action like "I just did an update then..." or "I made the following changes then...", etc. While I certainly didn't check every thread, having made zero changes to anything seemed fairly unique. But just now, I did find a post that had the same no video display problem, also stating that nothing was changed, but he added that he had just started everything up from a 5 month winter hibernation. Bingo! I didn't mention that fact also applies to me because it didn't seem relevant as I've gone through 3 previous 5 month winter hibernations without issue.

Regarding my "LOG_AB" file (P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt ), I have upgraded/changed my SD card more than once so I assume that's why that file is not visible/hidden anywhere on my current SD card.

If I understand this - going backwards from my current FW V1.3.20 to V1.1.9 (the earliest version I have saved), then forward back to V1.3.20 should force the "LOG_AB" file to reappear on my SD card?

Will this FW cycling also address the 5 month winter hibernation situation?

Thanks again for all the help and patience! :)

I would try un-installing the DJI GO app. Reboot, and re-installing it.

Lemme know...

I would try un-installing the DJI GO app. Reboot, and re-installing it.

Lemme know...
I don't know of an easy way to do that. I stopped updating everything (AC, RC, Go app, and Apple ios) without any issues 3 years ago. As such my current Apple DJI Go app is version 2.0.0. If I uninstall 2.0.0, how would I reinstall that version? I understand there IS a way to find/reinstall old Apple software but, for a non-Apple person like myself, it's very daunting, confusing, with results apparently unpredictable. But, since my P3P is now essentially useless, I guess I have little to lose.

since my P3P is now essentially useless, I guess I have little to lose.
Have you followed the troubleshooting steps for “no image transmission” or have you forced the generation of a LOG_AB file to see if you have a bad gimbal top (main) board?

IMHO, I think it's better to check the simple things first before introducing new variables (new app; new FW, etc) which could further complicate troubleshooting.

If I understand this - going backwards from my current FW V1.3.20 to V1.1.9 (the earliest version I have saved), then forward back to V1.3.20 should force the "LOG_AB" file to reappear on my SD card? Will this FW cycling also address the 5 month winter hibernation situation?
As was noted, the idea is for the FW change attempt to fail so that your AC will write the LOG_AB file again and you should be able to see it. There was no suggestion to actually change FW or to go back and then forward again.

This technique (using a very old FW bin file) is routinely suggested in cases when people have already reformatted their SD card or as in your case are using a different SD card and they don't already see their LOG_AB file when hidden files are showing. It's also one of the steps in the previously mentioned troubleshooting chart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark The Droner
Most likely a fried video board on the camera .you can control the camera and drone works fine you just get no video feed very common failure. For all but the most tek minded its a camera replacement. Sorry I know Ive had to over the years.One thing to help never update without a fan blowing on bird. 2 never let bird just sit no props turning but on the board heats up fast and is a weak link

I had the same issue after an update and had no video feed but could control the P3A camera and fly the aircraft. Changed usb board but didn't help, had to buy new controller and that solved the issue. Hope this helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj