No signal after update

Reaction score
After I updated to the latest firmware I went and flew my phantom and I went from being able to get 1.8 miles to maybe a 1000 feet

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

d38a62c53e04379712952e9699f4445c.jpg
found this on Instagram

Today was the first day I could fly in a while still cannot get past 600 ft with out losing signal and I cannot figure out how to down grade the firmware I tried the graduation hat and it says no firm ware available someone please help

I will be working on it, I got the same problem,
4/18/16 Tested before Firmware
4/18/16 Installed Firmware, No Problems
4/19/16 Did IMU, ETC.
4/19/16 Test Flight Not good 1/2 way than 4/18/16.
4/20/16 Re-linked RC, Same-o
4/21/16 Many Tests, Home Made Windsurfer helped but I can tell there is a problem.

I been through this before..
Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal
I will be back

Last edited:
I will be working on it, I got the same problem,
4/18/16 Tested before Firmware
4/18/16 Installed Firmware, No Problems
4/19/16 Did IMU, ETC.
4/19/16 Test Flight Not good 1/2 way than 4/18/16.
4/20/16 Re-linked RC, Same-o
4/21/16 Many Tests, Home Made Windsurfer helped but can tell there a problem.

I been through this before..
Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal
I will be back
Thank you please let me know if you find anything out

Didn't get very far last night, this was an option on my Android Friday the 15th.
IMG_5864.JPG
Firmware now is 1.5.70, Now it is gone on the Android.
The IOS unit never showed a downgrade choice.
Did the firmware with the IOS, oops, should have used the Android, I don't know.
I made a lot of notes / pict's since I started the procedures.

Look at this clip, did yours do this?
Scary

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I will be working on it again tonight, going to try a many downgrade attempts, and checking connections in the remote. I believe that the firmware can cause this problem and that it is a hardware failure that occurs and is never been fixable.

Gave up for now, at least for the firmware backwards routine, If we had not went to 1.5.70 we could have downgraded, I think. I still think that once this problem occurs at least on a firmware update, it is not fixable..
IMG_5999.JPG
I have a feeling I will be sending it back for repair, it does work better than the first time this happened. It's about 1/4 of specs and what it used to do.

Back again, bobby2001 sent me a PM, He had another P3S controller and re-linked it to the bird and still has the same problem. I was going to look inside my remote, well I still will, but another dead in.

Didn't get very far last night, this was an option on my Android Friday the 15th.
View attachment 51474
Firmware now is 1.5.70, Now it is gone on the Android.
The IOS unit never showed a downgrade choice.
Did the firmware with the IOS, oops, should have used the Android, I don't know.
I made a lot of notes / pict's since I started the procedures.

Look at this clip, did yours do this?
Scary

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I will be working on it again tonight, going to try a many downgrade attempts, and checking connections in the remote. I believe that the firmware can cause this problem and that it is a hardware failure that occurs and is never been fixable.
Yes, mine also did this. I never gave it a thought. Probably some adjustment/calibration going on. Everything works fine.

Yes, mine also did this. I never gave it a thought. Probably some adjustment/calibration going on. Everything works fine.
Are you fine on distance, mine is still crap, tried again last night.

Are you fine on distance, mine is still crap, tried again last night.
I am on the latest firmware. Flying in an area with some wifi interference I thought my range got worse after updating. RC and Video show full signal strengh but still disconnecting after 50-150 meters. So the strength is still good but it seems more affected by interference.
BUT in an open field in the countryside without any interference I am still able to reach 1250m before losing signal. I am in CE territory so that it's more than advertised (which is 500m).

Last edited:
Thanks, for the info....

OK, Here is some details that were in some PMs, never seen before..
Saturday April 23rd, 5 hours of wasted time..

RodPad Posted:
Saturday, I tried to install every firmware once from the sd card. The last try I used one firmware back, but named it what the next firmware number would be in the future. It took for about 5 secs, and just started squealing, I let go for a couple of minutes, thought I bricked it. Powered down, pulled the sd card and read the results, said corrupt firmware, re-download firmware directly from DJI website. That's when I gave up.
Since another remote doesn't work for the problem. it must be in the bird. I also wonder when you re-linked your other remote, if the bird updated that remote.
P3S

Jerry freeman Posted:

No no luck at all I tried holding down the graduation hat and it told me that there were no downgrades available. When I go to the go app it connects to the rc but the rc will not connect to the aircraft and I did try the linking button in the app I hold down the button on the aircraft which is underneath the aircraft I hold it for the whole 30 seconds but no luck if you can help I would appreciate it. Dji support told me my phone is not compatible but it did work up into the last update. Please help.
Jerry freeman, Friday at 7:12 PM

bobby2001Posted:
I called dji support to ask if they could help me down grade and all they said was it would clear your warranty
bobby2001, Friday at 7:15 PM

Jerry freeman Posted:
Would you know how to link the control to the aircraft
Jerry freeman, Friday at 7:19 PM

OMG, clear your warranty!
Did you tell them this conversation maybe recorded for consumer rights?

After many tries since the 23rd, I requested for a return on Wednesday, It will be traveling via ground Monday..
Friday I took apart the remote just to check the antenna connections. Taking some pictures It did look a little crooked, but nothing like some other picts that have been posted. I pressed on it thinking this could be it, but I had my doubts. So I didn't remove any glue, left it alone for warranty issues.

So from a another post, somebody with a broken antenna stating how bad his distance was, tells me that my antenna is good. On that thought wrap foil around your antenna if you have the same results then it must be the antenna, if they get worse then not.

ADDED:
Here was the other post,
Standard - Phantom 3 Standard remote controller antenna

Last edited:
Jerry,
Linking the remote to the Phantom, my best results..
#1 Turn on Phantom.
#2 Press and hold the light that is a button for a second, should be blinking red.
#3 Turn on remote.
#4 Hold gimbal wheel all they way down (left), flip S2 switch up and down about 4 times, the remote will start beeping loud and fast. If while flipping the switch and the beeping quits, keep flipping the S2 little slower until the beeping starts again.
#5 Wait
#6 The remote power light will be red, when linked it will turn green, then a few seconds later the light on the Phantom will go to solid green.
#7 Your remote is linked to the Phantom!

Well Fed-x has it now:(, It's not going to be flying to California.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers