No Rubberband Free Cruise Control Mod for P3 Standard!!

Reaction score
Hey what's up guys!!. This mod is for you long range guys with a P3S that don't want to use a rubber band. You do have to open up the TX but if your a distance flyer then you probably already had your TX opened up before and know your way around in there. This is very,very easy to do and the only tool required is a small Phillips head screwdriver. I'm at work and don't have the pics but I can post some later, I will attach a video and will type out what I meant to say in it lol. Here are the steps.

1.) Unhook your antenna or antennas (assuming you modded for the DBS or similar)

2.) Remove the 4 screws from the back of the TX and separate the 2 halves of the remote.

3.) Unhook the 3 small wire connectors ( you know the ones right?)

4.) On the ascend/descend stick ( looking down at it, its the right stick) there is a small piece of metal above the white clip, this is the lock for ascend down. Remove the 2 screws holding that on and pull the metal clip off. Now you need to pull the white half moon clip off and swap it with the white half moon clip from the stick on the left (very important you do this or it wont lock in place) Now that you have swapped the white half moon clips, you can put that metal spring clip on the Left side (throttle forward/backward)

After you have done that push the throttle forward stick forward to make it locks in. That's it done!! put it all back together and enjoy it!!

I'm pretty sure this will not work for the adv/pro models. But if someone has a spare broken remote for a adv/pro I would love to take it apart to see if something similar can be done to it.

Not sure what the P2 controller is like on the inside but if it has the descend lock down, then this mod should work for it (outside looks just like the P3S)

I hope you guys try this and if/when you do please post it in thread for others to see!

Reactions: seb evans
Video coming in a few

Thanks Seb! Yeah man its super easy and works great!

Yes, I did this mod last winter. I stole the metal clip from a dead RC and so now I have clips on left side and right side. I later embedded a screw onto the right bottom side, so now I have a lock in the left stick down, the right stick up, and the right stick down, although I never have a reason to use the latter one

Controller Stick Mod

Yes, I did this mod last winter. I stole the metal clip from a dead RC and so now I have clips on left side and right side. I later embedded a screw onto the right bottom side, so now I have a lock in the left stick down, the right stick up, and the right stick down, although I never have a reason to use the latter one

Controller Stick Mod
Nice Mark!!! Lol i guess i didnt search good enough before posting!!! It sucks this mod wont work on the adv/pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20