No Power to gimbal after crash to New Gimbal

Reaction score
Hi All,

An eagle smashed by drone out of the sky a while back. The gimbal was bent so i replaced it with a feiyu tech 3d mini - wasn't happy with is - i've just replaced that with a zenmuse again.

Problem: No power to the gimbal or goPro including no led's lit up on the gimbal.

Other info: I am getting vision from the GoPro through my Video Transmitter and onto the screen

Tried: Unbricking

Had a tiny fire on a black square ?capacitor? near the zenmuse input port on the control board.

Any ideas - does anyone know if that black square is directly related to power for the zenmuse - If so can i grab power safely from where i was getting it for the Feiyu gimbal.

THANKS!!!

If you interested: Eagle smashing my drone fyi ->
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi All,

An eagle smashed by drone out of the sky a while back. The gimbal was bent so i replaced it with a feiyu tech 3d mini - wasn't happy with is - i've just replaced that with a zenmuse again.

Problem: No power to the gimbal or goPro including no led's lit up on the gimbal.

Other info: I am getting vision from the GoPro through my Video Transmitter and onto the screen

Tried: Unbricking

Had a tiny fire on a black square ?capacitor? near the zenmuse input port on the control board.

Any ideas - does anyone know if that black square is directly related to power for the zenmuse - If so can i grab power safely from where i was getting it for the Feiyu gimbal.

THANKS!!!

If you interested: Eagle smashing my drone fyi ->

You shorted out the power supplies for the gimbal, camera and video transmitter. Check the schematic as there are two supplies you more then likely took both of them out as well as the surface mounted 1uh inductor in front of the CAM socket. At this point you might consider replacing the main circuit board as you may have also shorted out the batt switch itself.
2015-01-21_184122_zpsac023198.jpg

Hi Jason,

Thanks soo much for your help here!!

I have power to the transmitter as I can see an image on my screen :)

So it appears that i've killed power from the zenmuse port.. I'm going to try and get power from the same place as the transmitter as i did with the Feiyu Tech gimbal.

I'm guessing that part of the 8 wire cable enables me to connect the gimbal to the computer though.. This is getting funky.

Are you aware of what each zenmuse input does (ie each of the 8 wires into the zenmuse port)?

Hi Jason,

So it appears that i've killed power from the zenmuse port.. I'm going to try and get power from the same place as the transmitter as i did with the Feiyu Tech gimbal.

I'm guessing that part of the 8 wire cable enables me to connect the gimbal to the computer though.. This is getting funky.

Are you aware of what each zenmuse input does (ie each of the 8 wires into the zenmuse port)?

The 8 pin cable supplies power to both the gimbal and camera it also supplies video from the camera to the video TX. If you are receiving an image on the monitor screen something isn't right. You could have a damaged 8 pin cable. I do not suggest you try taking power from another source to fire the gimbal as that power came from switching IC and not directly from the battery.

Hi Jason,

There is also one other possibility that the gimbal isn't recognized in the upgrades page of the P2 software.and the zenmuse connector has power going to it. With out an VOM you have no way of knowing what has power or what doesn't.

Thanks again Jason.

So are you saying it may be bricked?? and i just have to try harder.. Or in your opinion would you say bite the bullet and buy a new main board.

Thanks again.

Go back and post #5 again as I never indicated that it may be bricked. Get a VOM (voltage ohm meter) and check voltages on both the CAM an ZENMUSE sockets. Also connect the P2 to its assistant software and go into the upgrades page and see if the gimbal is listed and if it is is the firmware v1.0.0.12. If it is not listed then a simple hard reset may be needed. So watch the following video.

Thanks so much... Yeah not listed.. Tried to hard reset around 10 times with no love. I'll try again tonight - i've had to hard reset previously and it wasn't easy..

Also updated a file showing what got all hot and bothered.. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Burntout.png
    Burntout.png
    463.7 KB · Views: 586
Thanks so much... Yeah not listed.. Tried to hard reset around 10 times with no love. I'll try again tonight - i've had to hard reset previously and it wasn't easy..

Also updated a file showing what got all hot and bothered.. Any thoughts?
If that has definitely burnt out, then change the whole main board. They are pretty cheap compared to a P3 series.
If you had ran a AI (Anti-Interference board) then this could have saved your board. On that note - do you run an AI board?? If so, remove the AI board and run the zenmuse cable directly to the board.

Yeah it happened when i was putting in the Feiyu Tech Gimbal. I do run a AI board - and i have tried to run it direct.

Time to bite the bullet and purchase that new board - Thanks SO MUCH for your help!

Yeah it happened when i was putting in the Feiyu Tech Gimbal. I do run a AI board - and i have tried to run it direct.

Time to bite the bullet and purchase that new board - Thanks SO MUCH for your help!

Let us know what the outcome is after changing the board.

Hy!
R u solved??? My problem is same too...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers