No output signal from HDMI module

Reaction score
Hi all, I just joined the forum so I apologize if this topic was covered, I checked several threads on here with HDMI problems but none that were having the problem I am. Because my original P3P had hardware problems and had to be sent back to the manufacturer and replaced, I have installed and uninstalled the HDMI module several times, so I know I have it hooked up properly. I've researched at length the settings the app must have for the HDMI to work and I'm pretty sure I have done all that properly too. Still, I cannot get a signal to my monitor, it acts like there is nothing hooked to it. I have tried 2 different monitors and my laptop and none of them recognized an HDMI signal, any suggestions?

Check all the three flat ribbon cables if they are inserted properly and you have locked them too.

Try to change the HDMI cable.

Did you try to connect to a TV?

Check RC FW, some have reported that RC shows the previous FW and all get set if you reinstall it.

Reactions: Kevin M
Try to change the HDMI cable.
Did you try to connect to a TV?

I don't think it is the ribbons because the usb from the module works just fine, and yes, one monitor was just a monitor and the other was a tv. I will try reinstalling the firmware on the RC hopefully that will fix it. Thanks, I'll keep you updated.

Reactions: BigAl07
I had a similar problem,
The HDMI output from the module is a mini,
The connection to my Headplay goggles is a mini,
I could not find a mini to mini HDMI cable so I ordered
a standard to mini cable and an adapter (standard to mini)
I got no signal from my module !!
Once I found a mini to mini cable all worked perfect.
The adapter was the problem.

The adapter was the problem

You could be onto something, the last poster suggested to try another cable, but I couldn't do that because I only have one, I am using a mini to standard HDMI cable, no adapter. So yours only started to work when you took the adapter out of the equation, or do you think it was a mini to mini cable that worked, maybe I should try to get a mini to mini with an adapter. Or do you think I could just have crappy cable and should try ordering a new one. If you can, could you try hooking your module to a regular monitor with a standard size HDMI and see if you get the same results you did with the goggles? Thanks for all your help!

The adapter was the problem

You could be onto something, the last poster suggested to try another cable, but I couldn't do that because I only have one, I am using a mini to standard HDMI cable, no adapter. So yours only started to work when you took the adapter out of the equation, or do you think it was a mini to mini cable that worked, maybe I should try to get a mini to mini with an adapter. Or do you think I could just have crappy cable and should try ordering a new one. If you can, could you try hooking your module to a regular monitor with a standard size HDMI and see if you get the same results you did with the goggles? Thanks for all your help!

One of my favorite rants about HDMI:

"HDMI is a horrid format; it was badly thought out and badly designed, and the failures of its design are so apparent that they could have been addressed and resolved with very little fuss. Why they weren't, exactly, is really anyone's guess, but the key has to be that the standard was not intended to provide a benefit to the consumer, but to such content providers as movie studios and the like. It would have been in the consumer's best interests to develop a standard that was robust and reliable over distance, that could be switched, amplified, and distributed economically, and that connects securely to devices; but the consumer's interests were, sadly, not really a priority for the developers of the HDMI standard."

Reactions: Jack Ley
I had similar issues after my HDMI install. I had some output to the goggles via HDMI, namely full real time OSD communication. The DJI Go app recognized the HDMI module and gave options in settings. I didn't have any camera video in the goggles or app and the app showed "no signal" even though the craft was connected. As soon as I would unplug the HDMI cable the app would show as connected and app video returned. I didn't suspect firmware at first because I had some functionality. I thought if it was firmware related it would not work at all. I used the app to refresh my current RC firmware to1.5.80 because I didn't want the current update that some have had issues with. After the firmware reinstall, all was well. Just in case others have issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl