No more using DJI batteries for me

N017RW said:
ToThePoint said:
Ghostrunner007 said:
After having numerous low battery alarms going off on a pack that is fully charged I decided to rip it apart and see if I could connect a regular lipo to it and still get the phantom to think it's a DJI battery.I am happy to report that i was successful. I now run 2 4400 mah batteries on my phantom plus with no problems :D

You did some further testing as i can see, what about the " numerous low battery alarms " ? Did you get any after just replacing the lipo's ?
What is the assistant saying on the new lipo's ?
Did it reset ?

Have you looked to put the batt. comm. signals on a discrite connector as well to eliminate possible issues with the pin/pad interface?

No I want to keep the bird stock just in case DJI figures out a way to alter the firmware and forces us to use they batteries

Back again with more questions.
Hard to find 4400mah lipo, any link ?
I see the 4200mah ones they weight approx 320gr, you have 2 of them.
A DJI battery weights approx 370gr so 2x320gr=640gr, thats 270gr more then the original weight.
Ok i can nibble some weight off the bird, i guess that you want yours stock so that hasn't been done ( lose weight )
So it isn't a issue then ?

ToThePoint said:
Back again with more questions.
Hard to find 4400mah lipo, any link ?
I see the 4200mah ones they weight approx 320gr, you have 2 of them.
A DJI battery weights approx 370gr so 2x320gr=640gr, thats 270gr more then the original weight.
Ok i can nibble some weight off the bird, i guess that you want yours stock so that hasn't been done ( lose weight )
So it isn't a issue then ?

I get them in a hobby store here in Canada, but even if you get ones with lower rating ( 3000 mah) that will still match DJI rating but be much cheaper if you run them in parallel you double the rating , so 2 3000 mah batteries equals one 6000 mah battery

Ghostrunner007 said:
Green_Phantom said:
Why are all your pictures upside down? Do you live in Australia?
Lol I did notice that nope I don't live in Australia

That's about the only reasonable explanation I could come up with for your pictures being upside down. Maybe your camera was made there. :lol:

Green_Phantom said:
Ghostrunner007 said:
Green_Phantom said:
Why are all your pictures upside down? Do you live in Australia?
Lol I did notice that nope I don't live in Australia

That's about the only reasonable explanation I could come up with for your pictures being upside down. Maybe your camera was made there. :lol:
To funny

As for battery locations, don't forget in the assistant it has the ability to compensate for weight distribution.

I have responded to several post in the past trying to achieve this setup after seeing a commercial version. A simple hand drawn diagram would be great to go along with the written instructions. If 300 is a discharge limit and ceases further cycles, I wonder if the chip used to keep count could be re-set (ie touching a jumper on two legs).
For a while I was looking for 2200-to-2800 mah batteries of a particular size to see if possible to disassemble and solder the cells into the smart battery cap so to be able to insert as the original battery(never tried though). But your setup allows for multiple uses of a single cap depending how many spare batteries you have.

Can you use the dji charger for two 2800mah batts while connected to the smart cap?

Is that true your limited to 300 cycles ? I my battery is at 80% and I top it off that counts as cycle ? Doesn't seem right to me. My battery would be considered worn out , when it hasn't really been discharged.

Mori55 said:
Is that true your limited to 300 cycles ? I my battery is at 80% and I top it off that counts as cycle ? Doesn't seem right to me. My battery would be considered worn out , when it hasn't really been discharged.

I was wondering the same thing

fastsmiles said:
What is the total weight of the two batteries you are using?

Fatsmiles can we expect a double battery holder from you in carbon fiber? [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Ghostrunner007 said:
brorex said:
How much flight time are you getting with 8800 mah? I've been thinking of doing this same thing.
I am getting about 33 min

Ooh!! Nice :D

Ghost runner could you post a pic of the phantom with the batteries on it? Also I would use EC3 connectors instead of dean's I've had dean's wiggle apart with vibrations

I see there has not been any updates to this thread lately. Is this still a working mod? I REALLY want to do this for the extra flight time but dont want to hack up one of my battery if this no longer works due to firmware updates. Thanks in advance!!

My question is has anyone been able to clear the cycle count and will the mod allow percentage of battery left?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub