"No Image Transmission Signal" ... a temporary blindness inflicted by God's?

Reaction score
As I traveled with my drones (Phantom 3 Pro and Inspire 1 Pro) 1000km into wild, totally uncivilized regions to take some aerial shoots, both suddenly refused to perform, exhibiting "No Image Transmission Signal" warning on top of the screen and RTH activation suggested. Firstly the Inspire 1 stop image transmitting in the middle of flight, but as being within VLOS I was able to land blinded bird safely. Immediately after I pulled out my spare P3P to take desired shots, but the attempt failed as the warning popped up again on start. Both birds were controllable by their's RC, but totally blind. As my expedition ended fruitlessly, next morning I drove back to nearest town, where - to my surprise - both aircrafts were fully functional again!

Identical situation happen again a week or so later (July 2), again in remote areas of Canadian Rockies. And again both birds reclaimed their video transmission ability when returned to civilization ...

Aircrafts are under control of a single dedicated iPad Air 2 device with previous Go app v.3.1.2 installed and were performing flawlessly for over a year until now. Cables replaced OK, accessible wiring connections checked OK, tablet overheating issue eliminated. No spare device available.

What can be possible cause of these failures?

Phantom 3 Pro
Aircraft FW v.1.10.90
RC v.1.8.0

Inspire 1 Pro
Aircraft FW v.1.9.1.30
RC v.1.7.60
Camera v. 1.9.1.10

I got the same thing once - only with one p3p though. After a lot of mucking about I rebooted the phone and everything worked again.

On the other hand I now have two p3ps and neither will connect to the controller in the house, despite doing so in the past. Outside they're fine.

Maybe it's Loki.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl