No Image Transmission alert - P3P

Reaction score
I am experiencing No Image Transmission alerts on just about every flight now. Usually happens right after I calibrate the compass before take off and other times it happens in mid flight. Screen will go to black and white then freezes then goes to black. My P3P will then give me another alert asking if I want it to RTH because of no video transmission signal. I fly in different locations on almost every flight. I have manually changed to a different channel inside the Go App and it helped once but lately I haven't noticed anything different or the signal holding better. I tried to pick a channel that was stable but I noticed they were bouncing all over the place. One second its stable and the next its not.

Does anyone have any other solutions I didn't mention? Do you think adding a signal booster would help in this situation?

Might be worth trying a different cable to connect your tablet. I had the same problem with a Mavic, and after changing the cable -(as suggested by people on the forum)- everything is fine.

May also wanna try flying somewhere else if your seeing a lot of congestion.

I've heard people say don't calibrate the compass on every location but I am worry about that…I've had a couple instances where I have gotten compass errors when I didn't calibrate. I always calibrate when I fly in a new location. I might try a new cable that connects to my iPhone. Is there a particular cable I should consider like an Apple USB cable? For the most part I fly all over the place and experience the loss of video signal almost all the time so I am sure it has to do with congestion. Last week in flight school, I flew a P4P and an Inspire and not once did I have any loss of video. Someone was telling me the P4P was better when it comes to this issue.

Definitely try a new cable. As I said before, it worked for me - (and other people). It may not be the answer, but if you don't try, you'll never know. ;)

Last edited:
I've heard people say don't calibrate the compass on every location but I am worry about that…I've had a couple instances where I have gotten compass errors when I didn't calibrate. I always calibrate when I fly in a new location. I might try a new cable that connects to my iPhone. Is there a particular cable I should consider like an Apple USB cable? For the most part I fly all over the place and experience the loss of video signal almost all the time so I am sure it has to do with congestion. Last week in flight school, I flew a P4P and an Inspire and not once did I have any loss of video. Someone was telling me the P4P was better when it comes to this issue.

Obviously try a different cable and also a different device first.
If you get compass errors then you are probably getting too close to things with iron or steel. For example concrete usually has rebar running through it.
Seriously do NOT calibrate every flight - just do 1 good quality one in a big field away from metal. I even take my watch off to do it.
Your problem could be hardware related. I have a problem with my P3P - top camera board has failed meaning no image transmission. It went suddenly and will not connect at all. Only solution is a new camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic