No Image Transmission After Firmware update

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as to getting everything working because i am at my wits end on thing to try. I am having issues with my P3P after the recent firmware update for the remote. What happened was i had taken off the gimbal to adjust the yaw set screw while adjusting it i noticed a firmware update for the remote which i performed and put everything back together and away. The next day i take the drone out for a flight and noticed that there was no live feed in the app. everything else working fine. I then started to diagnose things thinking i had destoryed the ribbon cable. All of the motors for the gimbal all work fine as well as the camera is able to take pictures and store to the sd card. I then move to the remote. Performed a rebind of the remote to the drone and everything works except the live feed. I then switched over from an android to my ipad and still no feed. I then decided to rollback the firmware of the remote. 1.8 would not download so i went to 1.6.xx this installed however would not rebind. I then manually bind the remote with the c1+c2+rec. It then binds only temporarily. Red light that quickly flashes green. still no live feed. Going back and upgrading to the newest firmware again solves the binding issue but no video feed. Im lost as to what to check next other than ebay and listing the thing for parts. Any help is GREATLY appreciated

The first thing to try is to re-format the SD card. There have been times when that has caused the image transmission issue. If that does not remedy the situation, it is likely that it could be the main gimbal board. I have seen around where this happens while doing a firmware update and occurs due the board overheating. Most now use a an external fan, or an AC vent while updating.

The first thing to try is to re-format the SD card. There have been times when that has caused the image transmission issue. If that does not remedy the situation, it is likely that it could be the main gimbal board. I have seen around where this happens while doing a firmware update and occurs due the board overheating. Most now use a an external fan, or an AC vent while updating.

I have tried to reformat the SD card and had no luck with that. I dont think it is the gimbal board due to this issue only happening after the remote firmware upgrade. I just read another thread stating about module 8 and 15 not being detected in the log file and sure enough it is in the log

If I am not mistaken, those modules indicate the gimbal board.

Ok so infound a way to fix this. Just pretend your dji spark is new from the box and just try to pair it again. Use the option in the middle and try reconecting your controler as if its the first time. Hope that helps. It worked for me

Hey everybody,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as to getting everything working because i am at my wits end on thing to try. I am having issues with my P3P after the recent firmware update for the remote. What happened was i had taken off the gimbal to adjust the yaw set screw while adjusting it i noticed a firmware update for the remote which i performed and put everything back together and away. The next day i take the drone out for a flight and noticed that there was no live feed in the app. everything else working fine. I then started to diagnose things thinking i had destoryed the ribbon cable. All of the motors for the gimbal all work fine as well as the camera is able to take pictures and store to the sd card. I then move to the remote. Performed a rebind of the remote to the drone and everything works except the live feed. I then switched over from an android to my ipad and still no feed. I then decided to rollback the firmware of the remote. 1.8 would not download so i went to 1.6.xx this installed however would not rebind. I then manually bind the remote with the c1+c2+rec. It then binds only temporarily. Red light that quickly flashes green. still no live feed. Going back and upgrading to the newest firmware again solves the binding issue but no video feed. Im lost as to what to check next other than ebay and listing the thing for parts. Any help is GREATLY appreciated

Hey everybody,

be sure to do all updates. be sure on the rc your running p3a , or p3p fw what ever bird you have. force reload fw on the bird if you have to. fw can get dirty or corrupt somtimes.

be sure to do all updates.
Not necessary, nor advisable since there are no "new" updates for the P3's. His firmware log showed a non- connected gimbal board, which indicates a board issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl