No image or data from iOSD mini

Reaction score
Hi all, made mistake of wrong polarity on Tx power cables, now don't have image or data on monitor,
Tx and iOSD mini leds works, tested cable continuity, with phantom off gets statics noise on monitor,
with phantom on gets black screen, no data or image, can't find anything blown or toasted, any ideas?

Thanks for your input

Check this component as it supplies power to the TX. If it's not burnt it could be open or even have a cold solder connection. http://i.imgur.com/Kzglp2t.jpg

Thank you Jason, component checked and seems ok.

2015-05-31 23.57.43.jpg

Took a look under the heat-sink of Tx and found this,

2015-05-31 22.19.52.jpg

Cleaned it with Contact cleaner and now looks like this:

2015-05-31 23.15.46.jpg

Thought that maybe got rid of some sort of bridge, tested and still doesn't work.

Last edited:
Today I received a new transmiter that ordered like 10 days ago for backup, and is giving me same black screen, how could I test the iOSD mini components?

Thank you Jason, component checked and seems ok.

View attachment 20665

Took a look under the heat-sink of Tx and found this,

View attachment 20666

Cleaned it with Contact cleaner and now looks like this:

View attachment 20667

Thought that maybe got rid of some sort of bridge, tested and still doesn't work.

In the first photo there is a socket with a red and brown wire which is the power for the TX not plugged into the cam socket if it still is unplugged plug it in.

In the first photo there is a socket with a red and brown wire which is the power for the TX not plugged into the cam socket if it still is unplugged plug it in.

Yeah, I unplugged it just for picture purpose. Txs

Maybe this is a software issue, tried to reinstall iosd mini firmware but iosd assistant didn't let me, anybody knows a way to hard reset iosd mini?

Maybe this is a software issue, tried to reinstall iosd mini firmware but iosd assistant didn't let me, anybody knows a way to hard reset iosd mini?

After reading an earlier post on the modifications you have made to your P2 I would suggest you find a shop that can help you sort it out. Seems you went through awful lot of trouble to use wifi for your GoPro which I believe as a limited range.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/receiver-question-for-gurus.13440/#post-121985

No no, didn't make that mod, not using Gopro bluetooth for fpv. I'm using the regular 5.8ghz, iosd, 200mw TX fpv, only difference is I'm using 20 pins connector on back of Gopro for video signal.

Last edited:
Seems there is a Reset pin on iOSD mini, any hint on how to reset it, I'll do it @ my own risk.

2015-06-05 16.02.01.jpg

Well reset didn't help, found a way to reinstall software, didn't help, it's hardware problem, ordered a new one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers