No gps! Yellow flashing

Reaction score
Ive replaced the compass and the gps itself. When I plug into the software it has no gps reading. When I try to take it outside for it to find satellites it just constantly blinks yellow as if in atti mode. I've done multiple advanced calibrations. I've been trying to fix this thing for days and still can't figure it out. Please help!!!

Take a breath and tell us what ya got and just what you did !!
You sure you plugged the GPS back in good ?

Reactions: IflyinWY
I'm going to make another suggestion to you travb.

STOP starting new threads in the wrong forum when you question was already answered.

If you want help for your FC40, post in that forum.

Until you replace the GPS, you are just wasting our time.

STOP starting new threads in the wrong forum when you question was already answered.

Sorry. Like I said I'm new to this stuff and this site so I didn't even know there was a separate forum for the fc40. I got a new gps and put it in today. Made sure it was all plugged in tightly and it still wouldn't work. Again I'm sorry for being an inconvenience to you. I'll go try the fc40 forum

Sorry. Like I said I'm new to this stuff and this site so I didn't even know there was a separate forum for the fc40. I got a new gps and put it in today. Made sure it was all plugged in tightly and it still wouldn't work. Again I'm sorry for being an inconvenience to you. I'll go try the fc40 forum

Thanks, I didn't mean to sound harsh, just wanted you to know.

Sometimes I post the dumbest **** I see here. I didn't even see that you had already installed a new GPS. I'm the one who should be apologizing, and am.

Please read this thread. The final post is by one of the smartest members we have.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/yellow-flashing-lights.34131/

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks, I didn't mean to sound harsh, just wanted you to know.

Sometimes I post the dumbest **** I see here. I didn't even see that you had already installed a new GPS. I'm the one who should be apologizing, and am.

Please read this thread. The final post is by one of the smartest members we have.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/yellow-flashing-lights.34131/
It's totally ok! No need to apologize. I'll take a look at that and see what I can do. Thank you for the help!

Trav, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but thought i may as well:

Are you sure the problem is with your gps being plugged in? Perhaps it has something to do with the mode your controller is telling the phantom? (the S1 switch).

Story time: yesterday on my way home from work, i saw a deer yonder in a farmers field... remembering i had my phantom in truck with two fresh batteries left.. I pulled over, quickly got setup in the ditch roadside. All ready to go! I look yonder and my deer is still grazing... perfect opportunity! I plug the battery in.. wait... first set of green rapid flashes... and i wait... flash yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow.. what the heck?? Is my compass out of wack? I crashed it this morning, did i break something?? I unplug the battery and give it another go... same thing happens... one rapid green and then solid flashing yellow.. I start to panic... and then realize I'm in ATTI mode!! LoL.. switch to GPS and i get the second green rapid flash.. up and away i go... cruise over to the deer... suddenly a fawn springs up beside my deer... awesome footage!! Couldn't wait.. the two deer look up in bewilderment at my phantom... pause... and then take off.. I follow them for a bit before it's just to far to tell what's going on.... I look down at my smart phone... and because of my shotty take off and being flustered from the wrong S1 setting i forgot to hit record on the fc40 camera!!!! :(

Anyway.. little story for you.. but perhaps your S1 switch is broken? Or set wrong? Worth checking it out.

Good luck! Let us know what you find :)

Reactions: IflyinWY

This IS the FC40 forum... you're meaning FC40 help perhaps?

This IS the FC40 forum... you're meaning FC40 help perhaps?
That post is up there in the top 3 of my dumbest posts. Maybe I meant Help, who knows?:rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic