Phantom 4 Pro+ Intermittent GPS

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 4 Pro+ that I hadn't used much in the last couple years. I tool it out today and was having intermittent GPS trouble. I would take it up, and I'd have 17 Satellites, and after about 2-3 minutes I'd have 0 and be either navigating with vision, or in ATTI mode. The satellites would return for a few moments, then again i'd be back in ATTI mode. I maintained LOS so I haven't lost my drone yet but it seems odd that I keep losing GPS signal.

I've flown in multiple locations with this same issue.

Anybody else have intermittent GPS issues? Is there an easy fix for it?

GPS is in the uppermost part of the top shell so body has to be split to get to it. If connection is good, it must be replaced. Not that difficult with proper tools, YouTube has instructions. Personally don’t know of any shortcuts.

Reactions: etr102
GPS is in the uppermost part of the top shell so body has to be split to get to it. If connection is good, it must be replaced. Not that difficult with proper tools, YouTube has instructions. Personally don’t know of any shortcuts.

Interesting. So is this easily user serviceable? Curious if it would even be worth sending to DJI at this stage of the game, I imagine their labor would be expensive?

Interesting. So is this easily user serviceable? Curious if it would even be worth sending to DJI at this stage of the game, I imagine their labor would be expensive?
DJI's repair charges are very reasonable - at least here in Australia, and probably lower still in the US. Plus, more often than not, instead of repairing the old drone they just send me a brand new one. You never know your luck!

Reactions: etr102
DJI's repair charges are very reasonable - at least here in Australia, and probably lower still in the US. Plus, more often than not, instead of repairing the old drone they just send me a brand new one. You never know your luck!
That would be incredible customer service if they did. Drone is of 2017 vintage, so I couldn't imagine them warrantying something 5 years old, though it has never been in a crash or had any kind of hard landing. Maybe I'll reach out to them.

I had the same issue and posted a flight log here that was interpreted to indicate possibly a bad GPS module. I watched a youtube tutorial on how to replace the GPS and decided it was over my head. So, I sent the P4P to the DJI repair center in CA and they confirmed the GPS was faulty. They sent me a new drone for under $200.00 "repair" costs.

I just had the exact same problem with my 3-year old P4P. I sent it to DJI Service, at their cost. They immediately diagnosed the problem and sent me a quote for US$112. I paid the estimate immediately, and the next day they shipped me a brand-new P4P, 2nd day air. Since this is a brand new drone, I was able to purchase a Care Refresh warranty package as well.

I just had the exact same problem with my 3-year old P4P. I sent it to DJI Service, at their cost. They immediately diagnosed the problem and sent me a quote for US$112. I paid the estimate immediately, and the next day they shipped me a brand-new P4P, 2nd day air. Since this is a brand new drone, I was able to purchase a Care Refresh warranty package as well.
Where are they getting the new drones? I thought they were out of production.

I asked about whether they had lots of P4P's available for warranty replacements, and the tech told me that they had lots and lots. Not for sale, just for warranties.

I have a Phantom 4 Pro+ that I hadn't used much in the last couple years. I tool it out today and was having intermittent GPS trouble. I would take it up, and I'd have 17 Satellites, and after about 2-3 minutes I'd have 0 and be either navigating with vision, or in ATTI mode. The satellites would return for a few moments, then again i'd be back in ATTI mode. I maintained LOS so I haven't lost my drone yet but it seems odd that I keep losing GPS signal.

I had a similar problem, replaced gps module and antenna,

I had a similar experience, replaced gps module and antenna, no help. Replaced complete upper shell except 3 in 1 board, no help. Replaced 3 in one and that fixed the problem; who would have thought?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen