No GPS Signal

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've aciddently dropped my Phantom 2 Vision Plus in water and removed it 30 seconds later. I put it on rice for a 2 days to let it dry and when i turned it on i noticed a few things:

- No GPS Signal (I can still fly but i am not confident enought to do so, i got 0 satellites and the LEDs keep going from yellow to red everytime i turn it on)
- My camera has lost all its smoothiness.
- Not sure if my compass is working correctly.

All those problems i've decided to try to handle the GPS problem first. I've considered buying a new GPS Modul or just replacing the antena on the one i've got. I've noticed a lot of people replacing the cables when something like this happens, should I? Where can i get them? What you guys suggest?

Modul:
Orig. DJI Phantom, Quadrocopter, GPS Modul 11-22 V2,

Antenna:
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?keywords=931-1016-ND

Last edited:
Open up the phantom and inspect it.
And plug into PC and use Phantom Assist to check the warnings. Goto the firmware tab and see if the GPS firmware is there.
If not, then the module is dead. Another way to check is by starting motors. If the motors don't start = dead gps. If the motors start then the antenna is cracked.

To check compass, use the Phantom assist and look at the sensors tab. It should show compass values. If zero then compass needs replacing.
Make sure you recalibrate the IMU and compass before you get airborne.

Oh.. one more thing, check the 3 cables that connect the gimbal to the Phantom. These come loose after a crash and may cause the zero count in the GPS also.

Reactions: Stall
Thanks.
I checked he phantom assistant and the GPS firmware was still there, and the motors were working fine, so i guess the module is ok.
The compass showed values different from 0, so i guess its working too.
The 3 cables are connected just fine.

So i will be buying a new antenna and hope it works. Thanks again ^_^

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31