No GPS or Compass

Reaction score
Wanted to take pictures at an event this afternoon. could not get compass and GPS to sync at all. Only things I could think of is 1) I know there is a regional dispatch center 2 blocks away, 2) PD with tower on one side of field and 3) high voltage power lines running across the other side. I believe to much EMI. But when I got home, tried to get compass to calibrate and also had trouble..... any suggestions ??? Would like to go back to shoot events later today ??

It's not clear what problem you encountered.
GPS and compass don't "synch".
What was the problem with compass? Did you have satellite reception?
If you are 50 feet or more from the high voltage lines they would probably have no effect.
None of the things you mention should have any effect on GPS.

My wording was improper, both were not giving good signals, could only get 4 sat, where I usually get 16 and compass would not stay calibrated, but within 10 sec the app would be asking for a new calibration. not comfortable lifting off. When I got home, it was all fine.

Compass troubles are often caused by launching from an area with lots of steel close to your Phantom.
Places like a car roof, a manhole cover of concrete structure with plenty of reinforcing steel.
Takeoff from somewhere away from the steel will solve that.
Perhaps that was what happened?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31