No gimbal activity after replacing ribbon cable

Reaction score
I have replaced these cables many times before, but this time the roll motor separated and ripped the cable. I bought a FStop Labs kit and rebuilt the arms and cable. The drone will power up, I see lights on the gimbal board, but the camera does no dance and is dead. Does a bad roll motor cause this behavior?

Do you get a red or green light on the front of the gimbal board. Small pinhole size. Are the motors getting warm / hot.
Are the motors installed with the shaft in the correct alignment. ( I rebuilt mine at least a dozen times before I figured that out ) the slot in the shaft must be in the correct position.
Check the 3 pins on the potentiometer on the motor boards and make sure there is continuity and check the resistance. After a crash what are the outer pins seems to lift from the board. I also try replacing the wires from the body to the gimbal sounds like one of them could have had pinched and not making contact. It's always one of a hundred things they're easily overlooked. Also open the top cover and make sure the black wire harness is still connected, those like to bend or pop off from the main board

Attachments

• 20201020_172222.png
    20201020_172222.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
Here is a cheat sheet a member here posted, I cant think of who made it ,but wanted to give them the proper credit for thier in depth chart.

Attachments

• fig134647.png
    fig134647.png
    332.9 KB · Views: 217
I have replaced these cables many times before, but this time the roll motor separated and ripped the cable. I bought a FStop Labs kit and rebuilt the arms and cable. The drone will power up, I see lights on the gimbal board, but the camera does no dance and is dead. Does a bad roll motor cause this behavior?
Curious if you have resolved the problem?

Do you get a red or green light on the front of the gimbal board. Small pinhole size. Are the motors getting warm / hot.
Are the motors installed with the shaft in the correct alignment. ( I rebuilt mine at least a dozen times before I figured that out ) the slot in the shaft must be in the correct position.
Check the 3 pins on the potentiometer on the motor boards and make sure there is continuity and check the resistance. After a crash what are the outer pins seems to lift from the board. I also try replacing the wires from the body to the gimbal sounds like one of them could have had pinched and not making contact. It's always one of a hundred things they're easily overlooked. Also open the top cover and make sure the black wire harness is still connected, those like to bend or pop off from the main board
I did have this issue, rather- had this issue when I replaced both the pitch and roll boards along with a new ribbon cable.

Camera feed is there, no movement from gimbal.

The boards were getting hot, however not anymore. Still no movement. Does this possibly mean the boards are toast again?

I did have this issue, rather- had this issue when I replaced both the pitch and roll boards along with a new ribbon cable.

Camera feed is there, no movement from gimbal.

The boards were getting hot, however not anymore. Still no movement. Does this possibly mean the boards are toast again?
Boards toasted again? No movement can be several things. What exactly is the parts you have replaced, and is the black flat cable Genuine DJI?

Hi! I replaced the pitch board and, the roll board, and the gimbal pitch motor, and cable- not Genuine DJI cable. This resolved the no camera signal, however. I have a second cable coming, again, not DJI, but a different seller on the longboat from China. Everything else is working aside from the gimbal motors/control. 'Gyroscope Error'.
IMG_0087.jpg
IMG_0042.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 8.35.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 8.35.35 PM.png
    404.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member