No FPV on Phantom Vision 2

well i talked to the dipshits at dji and they dont know anything. the tech on the phone said its an IOS problem or a repeater problem and that i should buy a phantom 3. he said he wished he could call apple to talk to steve jobs and tell him to fix his app. he told me to try android because they work fine.
I took my phantom out yesterday since october maybe and immediately could not display video but i could start and stop recording and take pictures. just couldnt see anything. I tried rebinding and now cannot get any information on the phantom like satellites or anything else. so if anyone wants a vision 2 ill sell for $500

What a bunch of nonsense. Problem is on iOS and Android. Buy a Phantom 3, wow what great advice! Spend more money so that you can get more non-support. What a joke!

Have you "reformatted the SD card"! . I think that you mentioned that you changed the SD card but I am reading (RCgroups) where the SD card is reformatted and solves this problem.
Yes, I have reformatted the card and tried different cards. Every once in a while I get an idea on something new I can try so I give it a shot. Nothing has worked so far. Today, I decided to try a different Android device than I've tried previously but no joy. I have a suspicion that it could be the Wi-Fi module but I'm not spending $125 plus shipping just to find out that didn't solve the problem.

I'll keep checking here periodically.

I still think that the lack of FPV is associated with the APP. I had the same problem and it was due to updating the app. I reinstalled the old app then everything was good. If you have a copy of the old app on your mobile device or computer reinstall the old app. gunslinger has copies of old assistants on his website maybe check there.

rickmc,...Same problem you have. Let all know if you locate stated old app and provide link. Finally if it works. Thank you.

As i see this is the problem of the wifi module of the camera, which is inside the camera and you can't buy it separately, but the whole camera is so expensive that don't worth to buy it. :(

Same issues.........no FPV ...worked fine when I put it away a couple of months ago...went to use it and just a blank screen.......

I get all of the information, all of the telemetry: speed, altitude, distance, satellites, etc. Video, pictures and gimbal all work. Where the FVP video normally appears I get a spinning disk. Wi-Fi range is normal. Everything works except FPV.

I have reset the range extender and the camera (and re-installed the camera firmware) multiple times.

I brought it to a hobby shop in Markham that sells DJI and they tried several things including using their own iPhone; they were stumped.
Did you manage to sort this?

Has this issue ever been figured out? I am having the exact same issue on my P2V. Was it determined that it was the wifi module that is part of the camera on this bird?

Me too. Inquiring minds want to know. Did anyone ever find a solution to the problem of no FPV using a P2V and an iPhone? To compound matters, my FPV came on and worked once after a couple months of not working, but it stopped working again next flight. Like some of you others, everything else works except FPV.

After I wrote #71 above, I took my P2V and iOS device e
DJI00355_GBP_17C06.jpg
down to the beach on a stunningly gorgeous day, and lo, the FPV worked! Here's what I did: I pulled the cable out of the back of the camera and turned off the camera. Then I turned on controller, turned on battery, and turned on the Wi-Fi extender. I wasn't getting a Wi-Fi signal (duh), so I plugged in the camera cable, turned on the camera, and hit the reset button on the Wi-Fi extender with a paper clip. Maybe not exactly in that order, but once I had a Wi-Fi connection, the FPV worked. It hasn't worked in months. I was delighted to finally see what I'm photographing rather than guessing. I should explain that everything else on the app worked (works), just not FPV until I went through the resetting routine outlined above.
You may ask logically enough why do I continue to fly the old obsolete P2V when other options are available? Because it lacks the software that prevents my P3P from even taking off near a Class C airport. Now that I figured out how to get FPV working again, ol' P2V is as good as new. (And yes, Virginia, as a hobbyist I do contact the airport ATC before every flight at the beach because that beach is 1/2 mile from the airport).

After I wrote #71 above, I took my P2V and iOS device eView attachment 77823 down to the beach on a stunningly gorgeous day, and lo, the FPV worked! Here's what I did: I pulled the cable out of the back of the camera and turned off the camera. Then I turned on controller, turned on battery, and turned on the Wi-Fi extender. I wasn't getting a Wi-Fi signal (duh), so I plugged in the camera cable, turned on the camera, and hit the reset button on the Wi-Fi extender with a paper clip. Maybe not exactly in that order, but once I had a Wi-Fi connection, the FPV worked. It hasn't worked in months. I was delighted to finally see what I'm photographing rather than guessing. I should explain that everything else on the app worked (works), just not FPV until I went through the resetting routine outlined above.
You may ask logically enough why do I continue to fly the old obsolete P2V when other options are available? Because it lacks the software that prevents my P3P from even taking off near a Class C airport. Now that I figured out how to get FPV working again, ol' P2V is as good as new. (And yes, Virginia, as a hobbyist I do contact the airport ATC before every flight at the beach because that beach is 1/2 mile from the airport).
Any one else try this yet? Sounds too good to be true. I'll try it this weekend.......

Did anyone ever find a definitive answer/fix for the loss of video on the smartphone screen? I successfully used my P2V last fall but during the winter, the Play Store auto updated my phone's DJI Vision app......now I cannot see the video but the controls still take pictures and video......it is just the video display from the RE that is not working. I can hook my phone up to the Phantom's WiFi, but alas, no video.

Other than replacing the P2V's WiFi transmitter and receiver, is there a fix that can be done.....I tried reverting to earlier versions of the Android DJI Vision app, but that didn't fix the problem.

Suggestions?

For those with the

PHANTOM 2 VISION

There is no repair method once you lose FPV, you can try the various suggestions in this thread but it’s usually a failed camera board that is the issue.

The PHANTOM 2 Vision plus can be repaired using OKSTUV guide.

I did a video showing how to do it

If you want an early version of the android app go here The DroneSlinger..

Last edited:
Reactions: okstuv
So I recently got a 2nd hand P2V that has this issue and after reading all these threads I'm thinking the WiFi module or the software is not the issue. The WiFi module must be getting the telemetry data through the white cable which must also be providing power to the camera and all it's components. Since telemetry data is getting sent the WiFi module must be working. The camera is also working as it takes pics and video just fine...it just doesn't transmit them. So the problem must be somewhere between the camera and the WiFi module.

Just FYI, I sent my Phantom 2 Vision in to DJI on Tuesday. I made a repair request online and they gave me a shipping label. I got this email Friday.

Attachments

• 5F64D5A7-EA14-40CA-A9AB-36EDD119B602.png
    5F64D5A7-EA14-40CA-A9AB-36EDD119B602.png
    489.2 KB · Views: 621
An expensive brick that I don't want anymore. I will likely try to sell it but I'll get pennies on the dollar. Lots of people have experienced the same issue but DJI acts like they have no knowledge of the issue. All you get is their canned responses, try this, try that none of which solves the problem.

I did get this piece of advice. Pack it up, pay to get it shipped from my home in Toronto to an authorized dealer in Vancouver (there's no authorized dealer in Toronto go figure). They will work on the unit for $70/hour. No cost estimate on the repair. Then I can pay to have it shipped back to me (repaired or not). Now how's that for great customer service?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20