No FPV on Phantom Vision 2

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if there is already a thread for this topic. I did find a thread for Vision 2+ where FPV does not work and the issue seems to be the Wi-Fi module.

I am having the the same problem on my Vision 2 that is is discussed in that Vision 2+ thread. Everything works fine: telemetry, range, gimbal and I can take pictures and video. However, FPV does not work. All I get is a black screen with a spinning disk. I have tried everything: rebinding, frame rates, different Apple and Android devices, etc.

I'm thinking it's likely the Wi-Fi module but I believe that on the Vision 2, the module is part of the camera assembly? Looks like a replacement camera is at least $500 which is half the price of a whole unit! DJI support is pretty well useless as they just keep telling me to try the same things I've already tried 20 times already. I live in Canada's largest city and apparently there are no authorized dealers here. I've been told to ship the unit to a dealer in Vancouver and they will diagnose the problem for $70/hour with no estimate on cost! I then have to pay to have the unit shipped back to me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Richard P Kain
Thanks, happy to be here.

It was working fine for about 8 months before the problem started and I didn't crash it.

I have seen this issue before and will try and find it for ya . I have seen were folks have had to rebind more than once to fix issues buy just not sure what's going on with yours .

Turn off the quad

pull out the white plug

push it back in firmly

Flick switch to off then across to wifi

test it

I too have this problem. After 10 months without problems and a break of a month or two, I too cannot get FPV. Everything else works - I can take photos (and the number remaining gets clocked down), see thumbnails in the Album, transfer the full size version, but the screen just stays black.

I too have:

1. deleted and reloaded the app (both on a Nexus 7 and a mini iPad
2. rebound the camera to the range extender
3. re-installed the camera firmware.
4. tried all the different frame rates

It definitely is NOT because the camera plug is not fully seated.

The one thing that has changed is that I now have the new transmitter (with tilt wheel), but the problem persists even when the transmitter is turned off.

The camera LED shows the normal blinking green (and orange when it's taking a photo).

Reactions: Richard P Kain
crash1sttime said:
Turn off the quad

pull out the white plug

push it back in firmly

Flick switch to off then across to wifi

test it

Did that many times previously but I tried again for kicks. I also tried rebinding again. No joy.

zenoshrdlu said:
I too have this problem.

Well nice to know I'm not alone. I've tried all of the same things you have and more. As you mentioned, everything works exactly as it should except for FPV.

I'm sure DJI knows what the problem is but they act like they've never heard of the issue.

I take all is upgraded and your using the 1.0.48 version on the app ?
and ya lens cover is off ;) Did that the otherday and almost couldn't figure it out :lol:

dirkclod said:
I take all is upgraded and your using the 1.0.48 version on the app ?
and ya lens cover is off ;) Did that the otherday and almost couldn't figure it out :lol:

App, camera and all firmware up to date. I lost the lens cover months ago!

Well I have had the very same issue awhile back and did fix mine by rebooting everything a few times and have been sitting here with mine trying to get it to do the same thing again but with no luck . I will keep searching as I did read in here on this with someone else but just can't remember what the issue was . Will post it if I can find it .

Gonna chuck this in

open the quad up, trace the wire from the camera up to inside the quad and check the plug is in fully

crash1sttime said:
Gonna chuck this in

open the quad up, trace the wire from the camera up to inside the quad and check the plug is in fully
Do ya think with them getting all the other info on screen this would cause this crash ?

dirkclod said:
Well I have had the very same issue awhile back and did fix mine by rebooting everything a few times and have been sitting here with mine trying to get it to do the same thing again but with no luck . I will keep searching as I did read in here on this with someone else but just can't remember what the issue was . Will post it if I can find it .

I didn't mention it but I too had previously got it to work a couple of times. Now I'm thinking that my actions had nothing to do with it working temporarily and it was just coincidence. Now it hasn't worked for several months. For me the unit is useless without FPV and I have no intention of shipping it across the country and spending hundreds of dollars. I may start shopping for a new unit but I'll make sure that I buy a product from a company that has better support than DJI.

Hopefully, your problem won't come back. Appreciate you looking into it.

dirkclod said:
crash1sttime said:
Gonna chuck this in

Do ya think with them getting all the other info on screen this would cause this crash ?

Another good suggestion but I did that also. While I hope I'm wrong I suspect it is a hardware issue and not software.

Is not a problem but I still don't think anything is wrong with your camera but just something in the way it's set up .Anyway good luck and will keep looking for the fix I did see !

Yes found that thread previously thanks. It appears that a few people had success by lowering the frame rate. Unfortunately it appears that for most, like me, the problem is unresolved. What's interesting is that I've been doing searches on this topic for months and aside from replacing the Wi-Fi module on the Vision 2+ and few people that were able to get FPV by lowering the frame rate, I haven't found a single post or link that provides a cause or a fix.

The common theme is that DJI remains silent! Another company will come along with an equivalent product but superior service and eat DJI's lunch. Companies that provide terrible service don't deserve to survive and usually don't. Whether I solve this problem or not (I'm not optimistic) I will never ever buy a DJI product again.

Are you near another p2v owner, perhaps he can let you test with his parts?

So you are atleast getting all the other info in the screen on the side such as the GPS count and battery % bar on top? if so then you can rule out the wifi its self not working or any problems in the can bus of the phantoms main board. Being its got to be sending the info from the phantom and out threw the cameras wifi to be able to see that stuff in the app.

and even tho you tried binding the range extender and reinstalling the app and every thing have you tried resetting the range extender by pressing the button in the hole on the side at all then rebinding?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj