No FPV on Phantom Vision 2

Hi,

I've got the same problems, all software is up-to-date but no FPV. One interesting thing to mention:

When the problem started I looked through some German forums and one guy mentioned the same problem and had a solution that worked for me, but I can't find it anymore nor remember.

It involved the order of turning-on the different components and waiting somewhere in between and it wasn't the "official" sequence ...

I had this happen yesterday just as you descripted in the OP .
Tried a few things and finally just shut my mini off and rebooted it and it came back on right with FPV . Really don't know what that was all about but that fixed that for me .

I had this happen yesterday just as you descripted in the OP .
Tried a few things and finally just shut my mini off and rebooted it and it came back on right with FPV . Really don't know what that was all about but that fixed that for me .

Glad that worked for you. I had a few intermittent FPV failures before it became permanent. Each time I thought it was something I did that fixed the problem but now I'm convinced it was just coincidence. Hope that's not the case for you.

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum. My P2V has suddenly developed the Black Screen problem after about 50 flights over 12 months. Just out of warranty, dealer and DJI no help. It had been sitting in the cupboard for about 2 months while I waited for some brand new batteries (another story). I updated the firmware, took it out, and no FPV. Have pored over many forums looking for solutions, to no avail.

One thing that sI haven't seen mentioned anywhere is that this problem is being reported by both P2V and P2V+ owners. Many are blaming "the wifi module". As far as I can tell the wifi modules in the P2V and P2V+ are completely different - P2V has it in the camera, P2V+ has the large silver "box" in the body of the aircraft itself. Am I wrong or does this make it far less likely to be a wifi module fault?

Last edited:
Hi all,

newbie here. I thought I'd share some of my recent experiences... Had my P2V for 3 months now (yeah, Santa was here). About three weeks ago I noticed my FPV was lagging between 5 and 15 seconds from real time to my screen. Intermittently between flights and days. I tried changing between 4th Gen IPod touch, Samsung Galaxy Stellar and IPad Air2. When it had issues, it was on all devices. Recently, charged the WiFi module on the Tx over night, way full, and it went away. For now anyway. I know, this post doesn't offer too many clues, but for me it was temporary. Any reboot, or location change did not help.

For what it's worth.

Happy to be a part of this community and looking forward to many mods and fun flying.

See ya all later.

Lee

Last edited:
Hi all,

newbie here. I thought I'd share some of my recent experiences... Had my P2V for 3 months now (yeah, Santa was here). About three weeks ago I noticed my FPV was lagging between 5 and 15 seconds from real time to my screen. Intermittently between flights and days. I tried changing between 4th Gen IPod touch, Samsung Galaxy Stellar and IPad Air2. When it had issues, it was on all devices. Recently, charged the WiFi module on the Tx over night, way full, and it went away. For now anyway. I know, this post doesn't offer too many clues, but for me it was temporary. Any reboot, or location change did not help.

For what it's worth.

Happy to be a part of this community and looking forward to many mods and fun flying.

See ya all later.

Lee
The lag you mention was the first sign of trouble I experienced. Sometimes it was up to 30 seconds or more. Then for a while the lag issue went away. However, a short while later I started experiencing intermittent lack of FPV which is now permanent. I discharged my Wi-Fi module and recharged but it made no difference. I'm thinking of ordering a new Wi-Fi module in the hopes that it will fix the problem.

I've said it before, I'm convinced that DJI is aware of this issue and could provide its customers with the facts (good or bad) but they choose to remain silent.

I noticed the DJI announcement of the Phantom 3 with 4K video. They continue to be leaders in the field of UAV products and technology but until they make huge improvements in customer service, I'll be looking for alternatives.

The lag you mention was the first sign of trouble I experienced. Sometimes it was up to 30 seconds or more. Then for a while the lag issue went away. However, a short while later I started experiencing intermittent lack of FPV which is now permanent.

Wow, not looking forward to this if that is a sign of what is to come... Thanks for explaining you had the same issues in the beginning. I will have to start looking for a used WiFi module? Just to armed for what may be.

Thanks again for the reply.

Apologies in advance if there is already a thread for this topic. I did find a thread for Vision 2+ where FPV does not work and the issue seems to be the Wi-Fi module.

I am having the the same problem on my Vision 2 that is is discussed in that Vision 2+ thread. Everything works fine: telemetry, range, gimbal and I can take pictures and video. However, FPV does not work. All I get is a black screen with a spinning disk. I have tried everything: rebinding, frame rates, different Apple and Android devices, etc.

I'm thinking it's likely the Wi-Fi module but I believe that on the Vision 2, the module is part of the camera assembly? Looks like a replacement camera is at least $500 which is half the price of a whole unit! DJI support is pretty well useless as they just keep telling me to try the same things I've already tried 20 times already. I live in Canada's largest city and apparently there are no authorized dealers here. I've been told to ship the unit to a dealer in Vancouver and they will diagnose the problem for $70/hour with no estimate on cost! I then have to pay to have the unit shipped back to me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies in advance if there is already a thread for this topic. I did find a thread for Vision 2+ where FPV does not work and the issue seems to be the Wi-Fi module.

I am having the the same problem on my Vision 2 that is is discussed in that Vision 2+ thread. Everything works fine: telemetry, range, gimbal and I can take pictures and video. However, FPV does not work. All I get is a black screen with a spinning disk. I have tried everything: rebinding, frame rates, different Apple and Android devices, etc.

I'm thinking it's likely the Wi-Fi module but I believe that on the Vision 2, the module is part of the camera assembly? Looks like a replacement camera is at least $500 which is half the price of a whole unit! DJI support is pretty well useless as they just keep telling me to try the same things I've already tried 20 times already. I live in Canada's largest city and apparently there are no authorized dealers here. I've been told to ship the unit to a dealer in Vancouver and they will diagnose the problem for $70/hour with no estimate on cost! I then have to pay to have the unit shipped back to me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
My P2V started this after my 2nd flight last week, exact same problem I can even review from album while in flight but no visual display live from camera. thought maybe I had messed up something in the settings.

I have a PV2. Same problem as rickmc. I was going to send mine in to have it looked at by Dronefly tech for inspection and repair. Before I do this, has anyone else already done so and what was the part replacement? Maybe what I'm really asking is, "Is it repairable with part(s) replacement?".

Reactions: Richard P Kain
I have a PV2. Same problem as rickmc. I was going to send mine in to have it looked at by Dronefly tech for inspection and repair. Before I do this, has anyone else already done so and what was the part replacement? Maybe what I'm really asking is, "Is it repairable with part(s) replacement?".

This guy is showing how to extend the range with an auxiliary antenna. Depending on your extender's inside, maybe some lose connection or damaged anntenna.

Sorry for the lengthy video and mispronunciations. He is from Germany, but good info nonetheless.

I have found in the past that the black screen or the spinning wheel is associated with the app and what I have done is delete the app and then reinstall the app on your mobil device. If you have modded the wifi module check the connections, and check the sd card, check the green light on the back of the camera as well which indicates that everything is working correctly.

I have found in the past that the black screen or the spinning wheel is associated with the app and what I have done is delete the app and then reinstall the app on your mobil device. If you have modded the wifi module check the connections, and check the sd card, check the green light on the back of the camera as well which indicates that everything is working correctly.

+1

The list of things I've tried is long including all the things you mention and many more. The green light does not mean that everything is working correctly. Everyone that has this issue reports that everything works normally, they can take pictures and video, and that the green light is on. The only thing that doesn't work is the FPV. At one point I did think it was an App issue because it worked when I switched to my Android. However, that was just a coincidence as initially the problem was very intermittent before it became permanent.

I keep checking here periodically hoping that someone has discovered the source of the problem. Meanwhile it's just an expensive hunk of plastic.

The list of things I've tried is long including all the things you mention and many more. The green light does not mean that everything is working correctly. Everyone that has this issue reports that everything works normally, they can take pictures and video, and that the green light is on. The only thing that doesn't work is the FPV. At one point I did think it was an App issue because it worked when I switched to my Android. However, that was just a coincidence as initially the problem was very intermittent before it became permanent.

I keep checking here periodically hoping that someone has discovered the source of the problem. Meanwhile it's just an expensive hunk of plastic.

I tried a google search and came up with this:

https://www.facebook.com/USdronerepair

"The onboard transmitters have been burning up. Replacing that transmitter with another will help for a while.
More, no good news from DJI.

And this Video:

it is lengthy, but some good info. Maybe not everyone's problem fix, but maybe it will help out...

I tried a google search and came up with this:

https://www.facebook.com/USdronerepair

"The onboard transmitters have been burning up. Replacing that transmitter with another will help for a while.
More, no good news from DJI.

And this Video:

it is lengthy, but some good info. Maybe not everyone's problem fix, but maybe it will help out...

Thanks for the link. It is the same issue however this video refers to the PV2+. While not good news, at least in the case of PV2+ owners, there is a known cause and fix. For P2V owners I have yet to find anything on the cause. I'm convinced that DJI knows exactly what the issue is but they are not sharing. Probably hoping that we will eventually go away and they are probably correct.

Have you "reformatted the SD card"! . I think that you mentioned that you changed the SD card but I am reading (RCgroups) where the SD card is reformatted and solves this problem.

well i talked to the dipshits at dji and they dont know anything. the tech on the phone said its an IOS problem or a repeater problem and that i should buy a phantom 3. he said he wished he could call apple to talk to steve jobs and tell him to fix his app. he told me to try android because they work fine.
I took my phantom out yesterday since october maybe and immediately could not display video but i could start and stop recording and take pictures. just couldnt see anything. I tried rebinding and now cannot get any information on the phantom like satellites or anything else. so if anyone wants a vision 2 ill sell for $500

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4