No Fly Zone Unlock Trouble

Reaction score
I live in the zip code area 20623 and am having trouble taking off. My phone app doesn't show me being a no fly zone. when I try to take off my app tells me I'm in a no fly zone. I went to dji website and tried to unlock the zone but even their website is telling me I should be able to fly. it shows me in a green zone but doesn't say I need permission to fly but my p3s will not take off. If you could take a look at my zip code and tell me why I wouldn't be able to take off would be greatly appreciated. My guess is because I am too close to dc being as though southern ave is only a few miles away. I am going to an event in march and want to ensure I will be able to take off because the map shows similar zones near that event in Fredericksburg Virginia. any help would be appreciated.

Looking at the airmap app it appears you're within the No-fly zone surrounding D.C.

Reactions: Pparenti92
When i look it shows me in the Green Zone. Even still, i went to the closest listing and attempted to fly after i unlocked it, still to no avail. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for checking atleast

I looked at the app. Thanks alot. I'm about 100ft in the no fly zone of dc. These FAA rules are killing me.

I live in the zip code area 20623 and am having trouble taking off. My phone app doesn't show me being a no fly zone. when I try to take off my app tells me I'm in a no fly zone. I went to dji website and tried to unlock the zone but even their website is telling me I should be able to fly. it shows me in a green zone but doesn't say I need permission to fly but my p3s will not take off. If you could take a look at my zip code and tell me why I wouldn't be able to take off would be greatly appreciated. My guess is because I am too close to dc being as though southern ave is only a few miles away. I am going to an event in march and want to ensure I will be able to take off because the map shows similar zones near that event in Fredericksburg Virginia. any help would be appreciated.
Yep, same problem here. 4 miles west of runways 10l and 10c of O'hare International.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1