P4 Firmware No fly zone database update failed

Who designates an airport an airport
When I fire up my p3a it shows airport 1.5 miles away I have lived here for over 35 years some wealthy person lives at that area they may own a small aircraft but does that qualify as an airport/no fly zone ? I need help finding out info.
All input is appreciated
Thanks Jim

When I fire up my p3a it shows airport 1.5 miles away I have lived here for over 35 years some wealthy person lives at that area they may own a small aircraft but does that qualify as an airport/no fly zone ? I need help finding out info.
All input is appreciated
Thanks Jim

If you are trying to find out airports, airstrips, helipads, or seaplane base locations near you try this app ‎FlyQ InSight

I tried everything to get this P4 to update and it fails everytime keeps saying it was interrupted. Any ideas or help would be appreciated?
Screenshot_20190303-131612.jpg20190303_133645.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I did the fly-safe database update and now the version of the app as well as from the drone are 01.00.01.14!
And now I can use the new enhanced Geofencing zones. At least in my city the restrictions are gone, and that's exactly what the government also shows on their site!

So Phantom 4 users can now also upgrade to the latest "precise fly safe database"!

All input is appreciated
Thanks Jim
The FFA does. The owners may have a small aircraft on a grass strip. So if they want to have it recognized they apply with the proper paper work to the FAA and once approved it will be listen on a sectional chart with an identifier code.

Had the same issue..switched my pro+ transmitter frequency from 2.4 to 5.8 and all updated. Maybe too much interference with your wifi on 2.4

If you are trying to find out airports, airstrips, helipads, or seaplane base locations near you try this app ‎FlyQ InSight
1.5 miles away I have lived here for Dafont Showbox FileHippo over 35 years some wealthy person lives at that area they may own a small aircraft but does that qualify as an airport/no fly zone ? I need help finding out info.
All input is appreciated

Last edited:
All input is appreciated
Thanks Jim

I had a similar situation with the B4UFLY app. It showed two heliports, one about a mile from my house and the other about 3 miles away. Neither is shown on any sectional chart I've seen in the last 30+ years and I'm 99% sure there has never been a flight operation at the one a mile from my house. That heliport is on land formerly owned by a large corporation in a very busy suburban area, and the company moved out about five years ago. I contacted the FAA and they're looking into it but I haven't heard back from them since their initial response a couple of months ago.

I had a similar situation with the B4UFLY app. It showed two heliports, one about a mile from my house and the other about 3 miles away. Neither is shown on any sectional chart I've seen in the last 30+ years and I'm 99% sure there has never been a flight operation at the one a mile from my house. That heliport is on land formerly owned by a large corporation in a very busy suburban area, and the company moved out about five years ago. I contacted the FAA and they're looking into it but I haven't heard back from them since their initial response a couple of months ago.
How did you contact faa. If they reply please let me know what they said
Thanks jim

How did you contact faa. If they reply please let me know what they said
Thanks jim

I sent an e-mail to: [email protected]

Actually I was surprised when I eventually received a response asking for further details about the heliports and the way it was worded I don't think it was an automated response.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.