Night Time Waiver

Reaction score
I'm on my third attempt for a night time waiver and I'm starting to get frustrated. After my last attempt this is what they sent me to correct/give more information on. Does any one have any tips or advice on how I can get this thing pushed through. Thanks!

For a waiver from section 107.29—Daylight operation:

· Applicant must provide a method for the remote pilot to see and avoid other aircraft, people on the ground, and ground-based structures and obstacles during darkness.

o Please describe in detail the method or procedure you will use to see and avoid non-participating aircraft.

o Please describe in detail the method or procedure you will use to avoid people on the ground while you are operating at night.

o Please describe in detail the method or procedure you will use to avoid ground based structures

· Applicant must provide a method to assure all required persons participating in the sUA operation have knowledge to recognize and overcome visual illusions caused by darkness, and understand physiological conditions which may degrade night vision.

o In your initial application, you did not adequately assure that all required persons participating in the small-unmanned aircraft operation to include visual observers have knowledge to recognize and overcome visual illusions caused by darkness, and understand physiological conditions, which may degrade night vision. Please provide the subjects that you will include in your training, we do not need the entire training program, just a list of the subject that you will cover. Chapter 17 of the Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge may be a resource that you may want to use. Providing a method of assuring is usually some type of test that can be reviewed with the trainee corrected to 100% and documented as complete.

Honestly you'd be better off posting stuff like this over at:

Commercial Drone Pilots Forum

Your pool of experience, in this matter, is much greater over there.

Reposted in other section, thank you

Last edited:
I'm on my third attempt for a night time waiver and I'm starting to get frustrated. After my last attempt this is what they sent me to correct/give more information on. Does any one have any tips or advice on how I can get this thing pushed through. Thanks!

For a waiver from section 107.29—Daylight operation:

· Applicant must provide a method for the remote pilot to see and avoid other aircraft, people on the ground, and ground-based structures and obstacles during darkness.

o Please describe in detail the method or procedure you will use to see and avoid non-participating aircraft.

o Please describe in detail the method or procedure you will use to avoid people on the ground while you are operating at night.

o Please describe in detail the method or procedure you will use to avoid ground based structures

· Applicant must provide a method to assure all required persons participating in the sUA operation have knowledge to recognize and overcome visual illusions caused by darkness, and understand physiological conditions which may degrade night vision.

o In your initial application, you did not adequately assure that all required persons participating in the small-unmanned aircraft operation to include visual observers have knowledge to recognize and overcome visual illusions caused by darkness, and understand physiological conditions, which may degrade night vision. Please provide the subjects that you will include in your training, we do not need the entire training program, just a list of the subject that you will cover. Chapter 17 of the Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge may be a resource that you may want to use. Providing a method of assuring is usually some type of test that can be reviewed with the trainee corrected to 100% and documented as complete.
I was able to get mine by following this video on Drone U, It's excellent, got mine on the first shot, Applied on April 11, 2017 and was approved May 24, 2017.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4