Night flying

Sincerely enjoyed the pictures in this thread. Would anyone be so generous as to share the camera settings for night photography?

20683d17ef153454ce983d923f2c1440.jpg

Here is the 8 sec shutter. If that is too long play around with the time.
The ISO is how much light you are letting in.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
20683d17ef153454ce983d923f2c1440.jpg

Here is the 8 sec shutter. If that is too long play around with the time.
The ISO is how much light you are letting in.
Ok I just went out and it was a huge fail. But I think it was because I'm using litchi. My SS doesn't go up that high. It goes up to 1/8000 I think. But I did get a few awesome shots of the drone with a Samsung note 5 lol. Gonna have to grab my other tablet that has go on it and try again.

You can also shut off the front Red LED’s so you don’t get a red glare in the pic.

87fb979a5c1d90830066db865d8a672a.jpg

Took this with 3 phantoms. 2 dancing and 1 taking the picture.
Holy !@#$ hats off to you! That's amazing! Give me a cpl nights to play and fig this out lol. I'm done tonight but I'll get out tomorrow with all 6 batteries and get it figured out.

Just so I have the basics down...ISO low and shutter high correct? See I didn't lower my iso when i just tried.

Holy !@#$ hats off to you! That's amazing! Give me a cpl nights to play and fig this out lol. I'm done tonight but I'll get out tomorrow with all 6 batteries and get it figured out.

Just so I have the basics down...ISO low and shutter high correct? See I didn't lower my iso when i just tried.
The long shutter is the blur. Put it up in the air and adjust the ISO. You can see how much light you let in immediately even without taking a picture. Put it where you think it looks good.

The long shutter is the blur. Put it up in the air and adjust the ISO. You can see how much light you let in immediately even without taking a picture. Put it where you think it looks good.
You want the light to be alittle on the darker side typically right?

Where is a good spot to get this view? Did you take off at riverfront or from Kentucky side?
We took off on Kentucky riverfront pretty much right under where this shot is tbo. Forget the name of that bridge. They had fireworks going off that we also shot that night too. It's a gorgeous skyline!

View attachment 89141 View attachment 89140 Fly at night quite a bit myself. And I must say that the camera is a little better than just OK for what it does especially at night. Sensor is much better in low light than the P4 or the Mavic! If you learn to keep your ISO almost all the way down you'll get really good low noise results. Plus try not shoot wide open at F 2.8 too. Try F 4 or smaller. It will keep highlites from blurring and blowing out fuzzy!
Nice!!!!

Reactions: KevMo Photog
View attachment 89141 View attachment 89140 Fly at night quite a bit myself. And I must say that the camera is a little better than just OK for what it does especially at night. Sensor is much better in low light than the P4 or the Mavic! If you learn to keep your ISO almost all the way down you'll get really good low noise results. Plus try not shoot wide open at F 2.8 too. Try F 4 or smaller. It will keep highlites from blurring and blowing out fuzzy!

Great shots Guy

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Anyone ever try to fly at night? How’s the camera in low light?
I fly at night most of the time. I have a P3A and it takes great night pic. I have a cee light on the back side of the camera and can see the drone far away. It looks like a plane with its blinking lights. 3000 feet plus away.

Reactions: makuch73

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94