Night flying

DJI_0097 fb.jpg
DJI_0047.jpg
Fly at night quite a bit myself. And I must say that the camera is a little better than just OK for what it does especially at night. Sensor is much better in low light than the P4 or the Mavic! If you learn to keep your ISO almost all the way down you'll get really good low noise results. Plus try not shoot wide open at F 2.8 too. Try F 4 or smaller. It will keep highlites from blurring and blowing out fuzzy!

View attachment 89141 View attachment 89140 Fly at night quite a bit myself. And I must say that the camera is a little better than just OK for what it does especially at night. Sensor is much better in low light than the P4 or the Mavic! If you learn to keep your ISO almost all the way down you'll get really good low noise results. Plus try not shoot wide open at F 2.8 too. Try F 4 or smaller. It will keep highlites from blurring and blowing out fuzzy!

Incredible pictures. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I just did my first night flight. I'm in the woods so not much light close by. Did not have to get all that high to see the small town we live near or the city that's close by. Really amazing to see!

You can see the drone just fine. I love Night flying. You have a little more range with the camera settings.
387823ab3863c4cab45b91c7db073a58.jpg
6ec33bcc9394c024d2fd172fce9ab89e.jpg
Was that frame rate you adjusted for the constant headlight blur? I tried getting that shot the other night and didn't quite get that solid of a line...

Was that frame rate you adjusted for the constant headlight blur? I tried getting that shot the other night and didn't quite get that solid of a line...

I had the shutter speed at 8 sec. that is the longest you can do. Play around with the times. It is fun once you get the hang of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA
I had the shutter speed at 8 sec. that is the longest you can do. Play around with the times. It is fun once you get the hang of it.
I'm going to try it tonight actually! I have a highway behind my house. My other question would be how heavy of a traffic flow does it need to be? It's not very heavy here.

That pic had 2 or 3 cars in it. The more cars the more streaks.
5d65c8e8a98dcd34b2c6a3f4d82070b6.jpg

Here I did a slow spin.
You didn't enhance the colors did you? So im seeing street lights, headlights and taillights? That's so cool!!! I'll grab the ones i took off my laptop in a bit. They're no where near that good though. I'll go out tonight and give it another try on 8. Thanks for the tip. I have the flying down and I take what I think are decent pics. But still trying to learn more tricks with the camera.

You didn't enhance the colors did you? So im seeing street lights, headlights and taillights? That's so cool!!! I'll grab the ones i took off my laptop in a bit. They're no where near that good though. I'll go out tonight and give it another try on 8. Thanks for the tip. I have the flying down and I take what I think are decent pics. But still trying to learn more tricks with the camera.

I did enhance. I have started shooting in raw and that give you more room to work on the post touch ups.
I use light room and snap seed for the final pics.
d852d945ba53659381a1442d1aef2d16.jpg

Here is the before pic.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl