Next firmware release, 7th channel/DJI App

I just got the RC opened up but looking in the very tiny installation booklet that came with the product they are referring to a M2.0x4.5 screw but I didn't get any screw.

Also I got both the metal shaft but also the same kind of shaft in white plastic. I guess the metal one is the preferred one to use but why is then the plastic version included in the first place?

Guess I'll have to go out and find the same type of screw that is missing to be able to finish the installation.

That is a factory DJI kit?

Normally they ship metal shaft, 2 screws (one spare), the lever and a plate with self adhesive tape.

Where did you get yours at and where are you located?

rrmccabe said:
That is a factory DJI kit?

Normally they ship metal shaft, 2 screws (one spare), the lever and a plate with self adhesive tape.

Where did you get yours at and where are you located?

OK, well guess they put in a plastic shaft instead of the screw in my case then ;)

I've now fitted the metal shaft and after putting the case together and positioning the plate using the self adhesive tape and finally fitting the lever onto the other end of the metal shaft exposed on the back of the RC I'm not even sure I will need that missing screw because the small hole in the plastic lever was rather tight so when I pressed the lever onto the metal shaft I don't think it will fall off. Might try to find a suitable screw though down the road.

I got the lever from here -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/261485274234 and there you're also able to see the screw that is missing in my case as well as the white plastic shaft I was talking about.

I'm in Sweden.

WebMaximus said:
I'm in Sweden.

OK, was hoping you were in the US. Was just going to drop my extra screw on the mail to you. But little to far across the pond to send just a screw !

rrmccabe said:
WebMaximus said:
I'm in Sweden.

OK, was hoping you were in the US. Was just going to drop my extra screw on the mail to you. But little to far across the pond to send just a screw !

Very kind of you but yeah, sending a single screw over the pond seems a bit too much :lol:

Looks like the lever won't need the screw to stay in place but I'm sure I'll be able to find a suitable screw somewhere just to make sure.

Thanks anyway!

Wonder when this update is coming ? Or was it just rumor ? Did DJI actually say this was coming or was it wishful thinking ??

Mori55 said:
Wonder when this update is coming ? Or was it just rumor ? Did DJI actually say this was coming or was it wishful thinking ??

Mori it was on the internet. So it has to be true.

WebMaximus said:
Also I got both the metal shaft but also the same kind of shaft in white plastic. I guess the metal one is the preferred one to use but why is then the plastic version included in the first place?

I believe the plastic shaft is to use with the knob if you want to put a knob on the back instead of a lever. I don't know why you would want to do that but the description of the item seems to indicate that is what it is for. I ordered the same set, it will arrive tomorrow.

I asked the seller and he told me the plastic one can be considered a spare part.

I'm now using the metal one and all is good. Now I only need to learn how to calibrate the 7th channel because after just mounting the lever I'm only able to tilt the camera some and not the complete 90 degrees it's capable of.

WebMaximus said:
I'm now using the metal one and all is good. Now I only need to learn how to calibrate the 7th channel because after just mounting the lever I'm only able to tilt the camera some and not the complete 90 degrees it's capable of.

Thats because there is NO support for it yet. You can calibrate all you want and its not going to work until they release the update.

Mine moved slightly too in the middle of the range.

rrmccabe said:
Thats because there is NO support for it yet. You can calibrate all you want and its not going to work until they release the update.

OK, that's good to know because I thought the 7th channel indeed was fully supported even with the current firmware as long as you didn't start the DJI Vision app.

rrmccabe said:
WebMaximus said:

You do have to calibrate the lever with this tool. Just look this up for the download.
"phantom2-tool.rar" .It'll calibrat your lever so you get full movement. I used on mine , now just waiting for the update.

Mori55 said:
You do have to calibrate the lever with this tool. Just look this up for the download.
"phantom2-tool.rar" .It'll calibrat your lever so you get full movement. I used on mine , now just waiting for the update.

Thanks, I'll check that out but I think I'll wait until the new firmware is released until I use this tool.

Well I canceled my order from dronexpert for the 7th channel feature, so Im really hoping you guys are right about Dji incorporating the technology into this upcoming software. I will feel like a real jerk if I find out that this was all a bunch of hot air and I have to reorder from dronexpert.. :oops:

I would have done the dronexpert thing too but I think I read it steps and is not very fluid. Basically simulates button presses.

So hoping for the real deal :)

jasonb777 said:
There is no adapter, I assume you mean the tilt lever. They sell them on ebay. :)

I just bought one from helipal.com. The call it a Gimbal Adjustment Lever for Phantom Transmitter. $9.90

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.