Reaction score
Hi everyone.This is my very first time flying drones. I got a p4p. So I was wanting to know if all settings are set for beginners right out of the gate. Like obstacle sensors turned on and everything else that a beginner needs. I really don't want to crash. I have been reading and watching videos for months and there's not a lot of info on setting. Any help would be appreciated:)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You should review all of the settings in DJI GO to ensure they are set as you'd like them to be prior to your first flight. There really are no settings that are best for all beginner pilots.

Make sure Return to home altitude is set high enough to clear objects in your area.

Yes that's true. But a lot of the settings in the app are self explanatory. But there is some that are not.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Always practixe in an open space. If you can find a soccer field or larger, thats perfect.

Metal objects will attract the drone if it comes to close. Beware.

Pay attention to your RTH settings: altitude and behaviour if lost signal, hover or return. Sometimes, hover is better (are you flying under trees, etc.

Only calibrate compass once. Do not carry metal objects when you do. Stay clear of metal structures for at least 10 meters. Do not calibrate again. If you get compass error at another location, there is probably metal in the ground or other close object. Move, dont recalibrate.

Practice P-mode until youre quite familiar with the controls. You should know how to fly "mirrorwise", if drone looks at you the controls are opposite.
Then, you should practice A mode when theres no wind and you have a large open space to practice. Drone will not brake automatically in A mode.

Pay attention to the manual. You will do great!

You have to turn on return to home remote obstacle avoidance. If you don't it will not auto avoid obstacles during RTH.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94