Reaction score
Hi,

My wife is a pro wedding/portrait photographer but with so many wannabe photographers out there killing the industry and prices she will now be branching out into commercial (buildings) photography where I can supply her with a good amount of work and endless contacts. She/we have been looking at drone which is easy to fly and would have to produce decent image quality. The Spark came to mind due to easy flying but I continue to read that a phantom 3A would be a better option due to flight time and RAW images etc. Would someone be so kind to share some full size image samples from a 3A please?
We have been told that the images wont be as good as Samsung phone which would be a little concerning.

Thanks in Advance

Don't forget that if you're in America, you'll need to get your part 107 before you can do any commercial work. (PFCO in the UK)

Reactions: macoman
Hi,

My wife is a pro wedding/portrait photographer but with so many wannabe photographers out there killing the industry and prices she will now be branching out into commercial (buildings) photography where I can supply her with a good amount of work and endless contacts. She/we have been looking at drone which is easy to fly and would have to produce decent image quality. The Spark came to mind due to easy flying but I continue to read that a phantom 3A would be a better option due to flight time and RAW images etc. Would someone be so kind to share some full size image samples from a 3A please?
We have been told that the images wont be as good as Samsung phone which would be a little concerning.

Thanks in Advance
My personal opinion; you are going to want at least a Phantom 4 Pro. I would not make the investment until you study, and pass the FAA Commercial Part 107 rating that is required. It may not be your cup of tea. Depending on where you live and plan to fly, the waiver process, (if needed), may be a hassle.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Would someone be so kind to share some full size image samples from a 3A please?
You can find lots of P3A photos/videos here.

It appears that the costs to get up and running are high but I suppose this pushes out the people who are not serious

For the best image quality go for the P4 pro, the larger sensor and mechanical shutter give superb results, and all the obstacle avoidance sensors will help as some of your shots will need to be quite close to buildings and trees.
I think it holds its position much better than the P3A due to the down facing sensors.
I am also from the UK, but only fly hobby.
The Spark is probably not good enough for commercial.

Reactions: Falcon900
Thanks for all the replies. It's seems like "You get what you pay for" applies to drones too.
I dont look cheap to get up and running based on the costs below

Phantom 4 Pro drone + 2 spare batteries etc * £2,004 inc VAT
Initial training (4 hours) £ 360 inc VAT
PfCO training course £1,500 inc VAT
Additional equipment required for PfCO £ 500 inc VAT
CAA Application Fee £ 173
Insurance (approx) £ 500

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members