Newbie Help :)

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Hope everyone is well.

Im new here and have a couple of questions regards my friends Phantom 2 drone.

Ive added a couple of pics and a small video to show what I mean. My friend dropped his drone off to me about 6 months ago and found it in the garage the other day, I know nothing about it only just worked out how to turn it on from your forum (thanks).

The camera giro just seems to spin round crunching and its not sending a signal back to the tv.

I quite fancy flying it so Im going to buy it from him what do you think its worth ?

I saw another one the other day with a 4k camera built in was around £1400 but his linked to the iphone rather than a separate screen can this be done ? I have go pro's and drift camera's from my track days I could use ?

Any help is greatly appreciated .

Drop box link Dropbox - Drone

Thanks

Dobbsy

Hi Guys

Hope everyone is well.

Im new here and have a couple of questions regards my friends Phantom 2 drone.

Ive added a couple of pics and a small video to show what I mean. My friend dropped his drone off to me about 6 months ago and found it in the garage the other day, I know nothing about it only just worked out how to turn it on from your forum (thanks).

The camera giro just seems to spin round crunching and its not sending a signal back to the tv.

I quite fancy flying it so Im going to buy it from him what do you think its worth ?

I saw another one the other day with a 4k camera built in was around £1400 but his linked to the iphone rather than a separate screen can this be done ? I have go pro's and drift camera's from my track days I could use ?

Any help is greatly appreciated .

Drop box link Dropbox - Drone

Thanks

Dobbsy

No, you cannot use an iPhone or an app to fly this craft. The reason why is that the P2 non-vision operates on two frequencies 2.4GHz to control the craft and 5.8Ghz for the FPV (first person view). Now using an iPhone app requires the use of wifi which operates on a 2.4GHz as well as the P2 which block the signal coming from the controller.

On the problem with the gimbal is caused by the lack of a camera to stabilize it. Without a camera, I would suggest that you unplug and remove the gimbal until such time you have a camera if you decide to buy this equipment. It would also be wise to remove the power lead to the transmitter as well since it is using power from P2s battery unless you wish to check only the telemetry on the monitor screen.

Thanks for the reply,

I now own the drone

No problem, Will try and get the video transmission sorted tomorrow,

Just removed the gimble as it looked like a couple of the mounting points where bent, found my go pro uploaded another video what do you think ?

Dropbox - Video 28-08-2017, 20 49 44.mov

Thanks again for the reply

ah found the problem with the Gimble there's 1.5mm grub screw on the arm and that was loose..:) :)

Thanks for the reply,

I now own the drone

No problem, Will try and get the video transmission sorted tomorrow,

Just removed the gimble as it looked like a couple of the mounting points where bent, found my go pro uploaded another video what do you think ?

Dropbox - Video 28-08-2017, 20 49 44.mov

Thanks again for the reply

You're going to need to do a factory reset for the gimbal so watch the video on how to do it. I would straighten those arm in a vice before doing the reset.
Follow this to the letter.

Many Thanks Jason will do that next.

Ive managed to get the drone signal back signal back to the portable tv, but how do I get the footage from the Gopro to overlay.

Im sorry Im such a noob at this, the only thing I can see if theres a mincro usb dose that need to be connected to the camera ?

Attachments

• Photo 28-08-2017, 21 28 36.jpg
    Photo 28-08-2017, 21 28 36.jpg
    902.2 KB · Views: 320
Many Thanks Jason will do that next.

Ive managed to get the drone signal back signal back to the portable tv, but how do I get the footage from the Gopro to overlay.

Im sorry Im such a noob at this, the only thing I can see if theres a mincro usb dose that need to be connected to the camera ?

I noticed that the USB connector that should be on the end of the ribbon was missing that plugs into the USB port on the camera. You may have a hard time finding the connector or even a replacement kit as P@s are no longer produced.

Many thanks for that, will see if I can find one that’s ships to the uk as it’s us only, or buy a whole new gimble, I got the drone and spares very cheap, I’m happy putting some money into it,

Many thanks for that, will see if I can find one that’s ships to the uk as it’s us only, or buy a whole new gimble, I got the drone and spares very cheap, I’m happy putting some money into it,

Found it also on ebay/uk.
GoPro Video Output Connection Cable Part56 For DJI Innovations Zenmuse H3-3D | eBay

That's the complete kit.

Trying to find a new gimbal will also be hard and they will $200 USD or more. I would just take the dampers off and straighten the bent arms in a vice.

Order many thanks,

Looking forward to it’s first flight (panicking)

Just replace the USB connector first and if it works put the ribbon aside. Of course, if it doesn't then replace the ribbon. I've been using the same ribbon for over three years.

Cheers again, will have a play when it arrives, will recalibrate the giro tomorrow,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl