New Upgrade to go will not work with my ipad without cell service??

Reaction score
Hey I dont get this....been flying for more than a year with my ipad and now after upgrade it wont work unless connected to the internet or cell service...whats going on with DJI??? I have had to abandon my iPad and do all my flight with iPhone....am I missing something here????

Hey I dont get this....been flying for more than a year with my ipad and now after upgrade it wont work unless connected to the internet or cell service...whats going on with DJI??? I have had to abandon my iPad and do all my flight with iPhone....am I missing something here????

Won't work how, exactly?

You don't need internet or cell connecton to fly your Phantom.
What exactly is the problem it's giving you? .. a screenshot may help.

Reactions: VAIL8150
When in the field an no internet when I click on "Go" the program tries to login and obviously can't...do I switch to iPhone (with cell service) and no problem?

I think that at some point you need to log in to your DJI account before you use the app to fly, but you certainly don't need to be connected to the internet after that. It works fine for me in airplane mode.

When in the field an no internet when I click on "Go" the program tries to login and obviously can't...do I switch to iPhone (with cell service) and no problem?
It's still not clear exactly what the issue is.
What do you mean by the program tries to login and obviously can't ?
What is it doing and how does this stop you from flying?
I fly with a wifi only tablet like many others do and have no problem at all out of connectivity.

I'm using my iPad mini2 without internet connection and the latest GO 4 app.. So it's working without. I registered wham I had internet available if that is the issue..

Thanks to all of you for the input. I have successfully used the iPad since I first got my P4 but it is only this last upgrade to the DJI GO app that has caused me an issue. When I use the iPad mini now and am not connected to the internet the app loads with the DJI=>DJI GO screen. At the bottom of the app page there is a "Go" link that when I click on it the app attempts to login to the internet site and this is where it hangs for me since my iPad mini does not have cellular connectivity. So I pull out my iPhone and connect it to the controller....it logs in and then I am able to fly. I am going to try to "cold start" my iPad, log in to DJI to see if that will correct the issue.
Any other input is certainly appreciated from the Group...Thanks in advance!

I am using a Mini. I am sure I had the same message you did after the last update.

I connected my Mini to my local WIFI and logged into my Phantom account through the DJI App. I synchronized my flights (though I don't know if I had to).

After that update and subsequent log in, I have been able to use the Mini and the DJI app without any WIFI connection.

At the bottom of the app page there is a "Go" link that when I click on it the app attempts to login to the internet site and this is where it hangs for me since my iPad mini does not have cellular connectivity.
There is no reason for the app to connect to anything but if you are convinced that it wants to, try to fire up the app when you are at home with wifi and let it connect.
Then take it away from the wifi or switch to airplane mode and see how it goes.

It's been just added "Check for update" option in general settings. Maybe related to some changes in this area.

Are you trying to use DJI Go with latest update for P4?

Latest dji go no more supports P4. It may be asking you to download new version of DJI Go 4 on your tablet.

Are you trying to use DJI Go with latest update for P4?

Latest dji go no more supports P4. It may be asking you to download new version of DJI Go 4 on your tablet.

Yes - that's the problem. He's trying to use DJI Go instead of Go 4, and that is the prompt to download and use Go 4 which, of course, requires a network connection to do.

Other than that there is definitely no requirement for a network connection, or to log into DJI. I just loaded Go 4 onto an iPad Pro in airplane mode that I had never used for flying, and it connected to the aircraft just fine.

Okay, thank you all for coming to my rescue! I did the update to P4 as suggested and that seems to have been the problem...really glad for this board/forum.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.