New Upgrade to go will not work with my ipad without cell service??

Litchi is very good if you need it for waypoint flying but I wouldn't recommend buying it just to replace DJI Go.
I agree wholeheartedly.
If i have mission to fly... I plan it on the internet then open it on my iPad Air 2 with cell - but not cell activated -

I have much more confidence in the Go ap... and all the flight modes are awesome - Litchi on the other hand - not so awesome...

and to get back to OP's original question... this happened to me once after traveling 60 miles to a waterfall - the ap was looking for an update... i tried using my cell phone as a mobile hot spot, but it was taking forever to download... I gave up and came home.

and to get back to OP's original question... this happened to me once after traveling 60 miles to a waterfall - the ap was looking for an update... i tried using my cell phone as a mobile hot spot, but it was taking forever to download... I gave up and came home.
Why?
If your Phantom was flying fine last week with last week's firmware, it's still going to fly just as well this week on the firmware that it used last week.
If you looked at what was in the firmware update, it's almost certainly something trivial or even irrelevant to you and your flying.

Hi PunaPhantom,

Do you have several P4 batteries?

I got an idea why GO app would try to update without internet connection.

User swapped to another P4 battery requiring firmware update and in that case no internet connection is needed to detect upgrade is needed.

Just an idea..

Last edited:
The last DJI GO update has caused me grief as the FPV now has huge lag and constantly green screens. Mavic is fine though and the Inspire works using the older app.
P4 is no longer reliable after the last FORCED update. Reset the tablet, removed unnecessary apps and checked background processes etc to no avail!!!!!
P4 is now worthless, where the day before it was working flawlessly.
Thanks DJI you really make this a non-fun technical exercise where we spend more time under the hood than behind the wheel.
How long before these idiots break my Mavic and Inspire....
Whatever happened to the adage "if it aint broke dont fix it".

I am soooo over upgrades.

Why?
If your Phantom was flying fine last week with last week's firmware, it's still going to fly just as well this week on the firmware that it used last week.
If you looked at what was in the firmware update, it's almost certainly something trivial or even irrelevant to you and your flying.
:) Yeah... I have no problem flying with firmware that is last weeks variety... but the ap wouldn't allow me to cancel it or even access the camera screen...

Hi PunaPhantom,

Do you have several P4 batteries?

I got an idea why GO app would try to update without internet connection.

User swapped to another P4 battery requiring firmware update and in that case no internet connection is needed to detect upgrade is needed.

Just an idea..
Later on reflection I think this might have been it... but as I said in post above... I couldn't even get into the flight screen (camera) - it was locked on the splash screen saying need internet connection... In the past when I didn't upgrade a battery it would appear on my flight checklist as an anomaly which I would then fix... thx for your thoughts...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl