I had to get a new cell phone.

Reaction score
I wanted to get something with a better camera. I'm not into gaming, hardly ever text and I hardly ever use it as a phone. I don't answer most of the time, because I don't hear well. I bought a Samsung A 51. I know there are better, but I'm not going to pay big bucks. The 48 megapixels amaze me, plus the other neat features. I got to try it out this past weekend. I'm not giving up my Nikon, but there are good applications for this phone. i was trying out the panorama mode. I messed up a few shots, but I got the hang of it with this one.
20201023_151415.jpgr.jpg

This is the New River gorge we were driving into. It use to take 45 minutes to drive across the gorge, with the bridge being built, it takes 45 seconds. This river is the third oldest river in the world and flows through three states and five mountain ranges. The river cuts through the mountains ranges. It's not the deepest gorge in West Virginia at 1,000, but it's deeper than the one I was at in Georgia, that said it was the deepest east of the Mississippi. lol
20201023_145541.jpgr.jpg

The gorge is part of the National park service, so NFZ. Every year they have, "Bridge Day" Big crowds watch people jump off the bridge. It's 876 feet to the river, not much time for the Parachutes to open.
20201023_190145.jpgr.jpg

The canyon has lots water falls. While taking a picture of a falls, we watched a beaver dragging branch above the falls into a hole in the rocks. Not all beavers build dams. He wouldn't keep still for the camera, so he looked like a blob. lol It's a beautiful drive. Isn't this curve more than a 180 deg? This is the phone's wide angle. This is my cross country, special Olympics bus and day trip with friends van.
20201023_185237.jpgr.jpg

A little off, still practicing on the pan-o. LOL I'm happy with my phone, ha ha The phone works great flying my P4, I still like the big screen of my I Pad.
20201023_185636.jpgr.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to get something with a better camera. I'm not into gaming, hardly ever text and I hardly ever use it as a phone. I don't answer most of the time, because I don't hear well. I bought a Samsung A 51. I know there are better, but I'm not going to pay big bucks. The 48 megapixels amaze me, plus the other neat features. I got to try it out this past weekend. I'm not giving up my Nikon, but there are good applications for this phone. i was trying out the panorama mode. I messed up a few shots, but I got the hang of it with this one.
View attachment 120461

This is the New River gorge we were driving into. It use to take 45 minutes to drive across the gorge, with the bridge being built, it takes 45 seconds. This river is the third oldest river in the world and flows through three states and five mountain ranges. The river cuts through the mountains ranges. It's not the deepest gorge in West Virginia at 1,000, but it's deeper than the one I was at in Georgia, that said it was the deepest east of the Mississippi. lol
View attachment 120462
The gorge is part of the National park service, so NFZ. Every year they have, "Bridge Day" Big crowds watch people jump off the bridge. It's 876 feet to the river, not much time for the Parachutes to open.
View attachment 120463

The canyon has lots water falls. While taking a picture of a falls, we watched a beaver dragging branch above the falls into a hole in the rocks. Not all beavers build dams. He wouldn't keep still for the camera, so he looked like a blob. lol It's a beautiful drive. Isn't this curve more than a 180 deg? This is the phone's wide angle. This is my cross country, special Olympics bus and day trip with friends van.
View attachment 120464

A little off, still practicing on the pan-o. LOL I'm happy with my phone, ha ha The phone works great flying my P4, I still like the big screen of my I Pad.
View attachment 120465
Nice photos! Gotta love that Town & Country! That’s what we use for our snowbird migrations. The Sto-n-Go is the kitty’s whiskers.

Love the phone. Looking for an upgrade myself and camera is high on the list (on a budget).

5g make 4g cheap?

Last edited:
Reactions: WV. Rootman
Nice photos! Gotta love that Town & Country! That’s what we use for our snowbird migrations. The Sto-n-Go is the kitty’s whiskers.
Close, Pacifica. Yep, I like the sto-n-go. When we have a van full with Special Olympics kids, my P4 stows there nicely. I turn my hearing aids off and cruise on. I’m comfy in the pilot’s seat.

More stunning pictures,nice
Yeh I'm Samsung user,tablet and phone,its Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime sm-G570Y,works very good but I use the tablet cause me like to see the screen and easy to hit buttons better,,still has screen protector on it ,old brand new just sits in the draw
16037435482897898497879369464098.jpg

You beat me to it. Wondered if the Root, ever jumped. Lol.
Same here, and Once was enough. I don’t drink that much, anymore. ?
I'm trying to get it, really, I'm trying. Nope, but no, I never drank that much. My father raised me drinking. I grew up on bar room floors and handled my drink so I wouldn't end up back on them.

Love the phone. Looking for an upgrade myself and camera is high on the list (on a budget).

5g make 4g cheap?
I wanted something that took better pictures. 4 g will last long enough for me, till it becomes obsolete. I'm not multitask and the phone is much cheaper than 5g. Also water proof, Capt.

Reactions: Capt KO
More stunning pictures,nice
Yeh I'm Samsung user,tablet and phone,its Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime sm-G570Y,works very good but I use the tablet cause me like to see the screen and easy to hit buttons better,,still has screen protector on it ,old brand new just sits in the drawView attachment 120471
I see your recent situation has your eyes to the skies. (New avitar). Can’t hurt. Stay safe and take care yourself.

When you hear the trumpet sound, look up. Might be more than angels coming. Camera ready for that pic.

If your concern is about high image definition I highly recommend you to invest in Apple 12. It might seem a bit expensive but it is definitely worth it in the long run. For 850 dollars you get on the rear a 12MegaPixels primary camera with f/1.6 aperture plus you also get on thefront a 12 MP camera with f/2.4 aperture.

Look at the spec's below. It looks like I did pretty good by buying my much cheaper Samsung A-51. I could have bought better in the Samsung, "A" line of phone. The A- 71 5G was better, but I evaluate cost versus my needs/wants. I'm just a little thrifty. It's ok for general shots. My Nikon SLR is my pride and takes much better pictures.

MAIN CAMERAQuad48 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0", 0.8µm, PDAF
12 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide)
5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
5 MP, f/2.2, (depth)
FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR
Video4K@30fps, 1080p@30/120fps; gyro-EIS
SELFIE CAMERASingle32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8", 0.8µm
FeaturesHDR
Video1080p@30fps

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.