New Up-date

Reaction score
I did the new up-date today and everything's fine except I can't rise above the FAA's 400' limit. I've got my ceiling set in the pilot app well above that. If I take off from a valley and what I'm trying to film is 200' above me I can't get high enough to photograph a hill top acreage. What's the fix?

I did the new up-date today and everything's fine except I can't rise above the FAA's 400' limit. I've got my ceiling set in the pilot app well above that. If I take off from a valley and what I'm trying to film is 200' above me I can't get high enough to photograph a hill top acreage. What's the fix?
Check your settings in the app, when I did the update it reset some of the settings to the original defaults including the height limit setting.

Your settings were reset, go back through and put them all back to what you want....................

I don't know anything about programming, but it just seems like sloppy coding that doesn't respect the user's settings when updating firmware. Is it necessary to reset them? If so, it should at least inform you of that somewhere during the process.

All settings are store in a database of sorts.. that database was likely totally recreated during the upgrade to handle some new option, whether internal or user accessible. Recreating the database s the safest way to build an update. HOPING for a database conversion is nothing short of reckless. So no.. its not lazy programming. Its erring on the side of safety for all those involved

All settings are store in a database of sorts.. that database was likely totally recreated during the upgrade to handle some new option, whether internal or user accessible. Recreating the database s the safest way to build an update. HOPING for a database conversion is nothing short of reckless. So no.. its not lazy programming. Its erring on the side of safety for all those involved
And that is an answer I can accept. That should also be stated somewhere in the update notes. Let us know then, before finding out in the field, where it could spell disaster.

Reactions: Steve Moore
Agreed, it's not so much the settings being clobbered but release notes or first use post upgrade should warn:
a) note your settings before applying upgrade.
b) settings that will be lost during upgrade.
c) to reapply your settings after upgrade.

(obviously only b and c possible if posthumous note in app)

I don't know... Even if you change the database completely the data can and should be saved. Companies do it all the time when they upgrade systems.

Check your settings in the app, when I did the update it reset some of the settings to the original defaults including the height limit setting.
Yes. That's the answer. Not all the settings reverted to default, but the height limit did. All OK now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic