New UK phantom 3 pilot + first flight video

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd join in on this forum and share my first flight video -
For some reason my compass calibation wouldn't work? So I didn't want to fly too far!

Does the compass work depending on location?

Thanks,
Luke

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dirkclod
You on my need to do the compass once, only do it again if your travelling 100 miles somewhere else or you have a compass error

Neon Euc

Nice flight. You need to sort out the compass calibration. if you were stood too close to that metal gate or your car the magnetic field could be stopping you calibrating the compass. Try standing away from any metal fences, cars, gates some people even take there phone and keys out of their pocket. Personally i always calibrate where i fly and always take a 5 - 10 meter walk away from the car or any other thing metal and calibrate. Hope that helps.

Nice luke, another uk droner. Wish I could help you with compass calibration but I'm sure someone will. Where in uk are you?

U.K. Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Nice flight. You need to sort out the compass calibration. if you were stood too close to that metal gate or your car the magnetic field could be stopping you calibrating the compass. Try standing away from any metal fences, cars, gates some people even take there phone and keys out of their pocket. Personally i always calibrate where i fly and always take a 5 - 10 meter walk away from the car or any other thing metal and calibrate. Hope that helps.
Hi lurch! Thanks for the info, I was calibrating it stood right next to my car so I guess that's the problem? I'll try again next time

Reactions: Lurch953
Nice luke, another uk droner. Wish I could help you with compass calibration but I'm sure someone will. Where in uk are you?

U.K. Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace
Hi hotashes, I'm near Manchester, how about you?

Welcome to the forum Luke.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Check out this thread for more important details on calibrating the compass.

Reactions: hotashes
Hi Luke...welcome... :)

Yeah - when compass calibrating your car will affect it if its close also will a watch or if your carrying a mobile phone near or even a big bunch of keys near the P3 - so go try again.

For some reason my compass calibation wouldn't work? So I didn't want to fly too far!

First of all - welcome to the forum..........you've come to the right place for all your questions and concerns regarding your Phantom.

There are plenty of do's n don'ts when it comes to calibrating your compass - I see in your video more of the "don'ts" - calibrating near your vehicle, metal fencing on both sides of the road even the ashphalt road surface contains trace amounts of metals such as iron (not as much as cement or concrete however). Stay clear of these kinds of objects and you will obtain a good compass calibration.

Not a good idea to even contemplate flying if you don't get a good compass calibration. Regardless of all that, nice job of flying and filming for your maiden voyage - glad to see you managed to fly and post that rather than posting how you lost control and wrecked your new Phantom as a result of poor calibration. Stay safe and best of luck with future flying n filming.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic