New transmitter with tilt question???

Good luck, pyaesone. I haven't found a solution yet either. The prevailing wisdom seems to boil down to; keep re-calibrating over and over and over, and maybe try, holding your mouth in different positions as well in hopes the software finally (and inexplicably) does what it's supposed to do.

pyaesone said:
I have follow exactly everything mentioned in this thread and I still have issue regarding Camera Tilt still at 45 Degree.

Anyone having this problem it is due to your ZEN IMU being 1.0.0.4

You need to update it to ZEN IMU 1.0.0.6

This will Fix the Problem.

Do a calibration after update and all will work fine.

Thanks Hani

Happy Tilting

NOMADIXaerial said:

Thanks Hani

Happy Tilting

Poster said all their firmware is up to date.
Rebelvis, one more question... is your setup a vision plus or a h
H33d?

Edit: You need to update your ZEN IMU to 1.0.0.6. Try using Phantom Asisst 3.2/3.4 and see if they allow the update to come through.
And if you use 3.2, it may ask you to upgrade the battery to 2.6 - do NOT!.

Nomadix knows his stuff...

Nomadix nailed and and I'm grateful. The PA software indicated there was no update to the Zen IMU so I believed it. Once I forced the update, Viola!

I had the thing boxed up and ready to send back. Now it performs as it's supposed to do.

Major Kudos to Nomadix for recognizing the real problem!

NOMADIXaerial said:

Thanks Hani

Happy Tilting

Mako79 said:
Rebelvis said:
Thanks for the suggestion, Bob. I tried it and still no luck. I'm at a loss at this point. I wonder if I could somehow flash the phantom to some lower firmware and get it to work. Even if it had worked, it just shouldn't be this difficult/frustrating.

Mopar Bob said:
Rebelvis: I am running version 3.6 on my PC. Go to DJI site and download that version and try the calibration process again. Maybe something in the newer Assistant software (v3.8) is causing the issues.

Do you know that there is 2 pieces of software?
1. RC1.2 that is dedicated to the controller only.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... r_v1.2.exe
Uninstall the old, and install the link above. Plug USB directly to controller. Upgrade the firmware (reset controller if required). Calibrate all sticks and move the tilt dial up and down. Finalise and close RC12.

2. The Phantom Assistance 3.8
http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... r_v3.8.exe
Uninstall the previous Phantom Assist app and download the above. Launch the assist and plug usb into front of phantom. Make sure all the firmware is up to date including your camera gimbal. Once all updated go Basic > RC > select upgrade mode. Then calibrate again. Then calibrate the X1 to for the tilt.

Sounds dumb, but give it try again.

It was reiterated...

Hello,
Just received my P2 yesterday, was able to install FPV, IOSD mini, H3-D3 with success for everything.... except that my gopro fixed on the H3-3D is also pointing 45° down to Earth on neutral position.
Firmware upgrade info : all lights are green...
Looks like a general issue for some serial numbers ...?

Olivier SDR said:
Hello,
Just received my P2 yesterday, was able to install FPV, IOSD mini, H3-D3 with success for everything.... except that my gopro fixed on the H3-3D is also pointing 45° down to Earth on neutral position.
Firmware upgrade info : all lights are green...
Looks like a general issue for some serial numbers ...?

Its your first post here so I'll be nice.
Have you actually read this thread?

Just a few questions..
1. Does the slider move up and down when plugged into the RC12?
2. Did you calibrate in the RC12 and move the slider during the calibration?
3. Can you post the firmware/upgrade page?
4. Can you post the Phantom Assist Advanced > Gimbal Page?
5. Can you post the Phantom Assist > Basic > RC page?

Hi Mako,
Thank you for your patience. I am French guy with many flying hours but zero on RC.... So I may have missed plenty of the explanations. I will take my time to translate all the thread and try my best to stricly follow your last procedure with both the RC and the Phantom.
The good thing is that I understand that my problem is common and that a solution exists to get it fixed.
Many thanks

Rebelvis said:
Yes aarts, I updated everything (4th tab). I did miss the 3.10 update (the one DJI pulled) so I never had that installed. BTW, what I "think" is going on is this; the software is acting like I have one of those tilt levers on the back of the transmitter that do not center themselves. Thus, when I release the wheel it snaps back to 45 degrees. Just a theory...

aartsf said:
Hay Rebelvis,
I didn't go through the entire threat, but has anyone asked you already whether you have upgraded the gimbal/camera firmware? Without that update your bird ( gimbal/camera) will not 'understand' the new tx with tilting weal.
Regards FA

Read your entire thread.

your main issue is the 45 degree angle of gimbal at rest, correct me if I'm wrong but go into naza assistant software and adjust gimbal using the tilt slider .. I read somewhere that new gimbal software locks gimbal 45 degrees at rest.

im assuming controller functions normally otherwise, gimbal moves with wheel, controls start motors etc.

NOMADIXaerial said:
Thanks Hani
Happy Tilting
I also just purchased the upgraded transmitter for my P2V+ and had the same issue - camera always goes back to 45 deg when the spring loaded wheel is centered. Followed EVERY procedure in this thread in great detail to no avail.

A big Thank You to Hani (NOMADIXaerial) as updating the ZEN IMU to 1.0.0.6 was the ultimate solution BUT there was one final sticking point to get there:

I was using the latest Assistant Software V3.8, and all listed updates therein were applied.
BUT the ZEN IMU was at 1.0.0.4 AND requesting a manual ZEN IMU update said there were NO UPDATES ?!

Long story short, I finally had to uninstall Assistant Software V3.8 and go back and install the older V3.6. Now when manually requesting a ZEN IMU update it indicated 1.0.0.6 was available!! I Installed ZEN IMU 1.0.0.6 and my camera wheel tilt FINALLY works correctly. :!: :D

I have no idea why the latest Assistant Software V3.8 does not recognize/allow a ZEN IMU update to 1.0.0.6. But if it wasn't for this group (Thanks Guys!), and no thanks to DJI, I'd still be very lost and very frustrated.

Thank you all again!
-Terry

Yes many thanks for your help;
I was able to fix the problem and make a nice first flight with the Pantom!
Olivier

QuadCopper said:
Mako79 said:
Uninstall RC1.1
Install RC1.2. Calibrate all sticks and move X1 tilt dial and finalise.
Then Start Phantom Assist 3.6. Calibrate all sticks and X1 Tilt Dial. Then select "upgrade mode".
Upgrade mode will make the camera stay at a given point when you release. The further you push the tilt, the faster the travel.

Yeah, do this... I performed both of these actions before I first used my controller and mine functions as intended.

Solution posted on page 1 Thank you Mako!

Wrong. Mako just threw out generalities including the one you quoted without any deeper understanding of the issue. Nomadix, is the one who identified the real issue and provided a real, repeatable solution.

capodrone81 said:
QuadCopper said:
Mako79 said:
Uninstall RC1.1
Install RC1.2. Calibrate all sticks and move X1 tilt dial and finalise.
Then Start Phantom Assist 3.6. Calibrate all sticks and X1 Tilt Dial. Then select "upgrade mode".
Upgrade mode will make the camera stay at a given point when you release. The further you push the tilt, the faster the travel.

Yeah, do this... I performed both of these actions before I first used my controller and mine functions as intended.

Solution posted on page 1 Thank you Mako!

well i followed makos instructions and it worked just fine thank you.

ps - you sound like your very bitter lighten up, we are talking about a hobby here. :mrgreen:

Rebelvis said:
Wrong. Mako just threw out generalities including the one you quoted without any deeper understanding of the issue. Nomadix, is the one who identified the real issue and provided a real, repeatable solution.

On page 3

ToThePoint said:
Gonefishing its because you have firmware V1.0.4 or so for your camera.
The one you want is firmware V1.0.6, thats the latest firmware that works for the new transmitter with middle position wheel.
Bear in mind ones upgraded there is no way back ( yet ).
See in assistant what version your ZEN IMU is. Thats were it has to be upgraded.

Mopar Bob said:
The sticky mentioned above was removed for some unknown reason. I sent a PM to the moderator to find out why but got no response. This is what was posted a few months back:

Problem Solved: Let me Explain. I received my new RC yesterday and proceeded to follow the instructions on setting it up that are in this forum in many places. I ended up with a totally screwed up tilt mechanism just like it has been described in this post. I then proceeded to pull the pieces together that others say they had success with. This is what I did and now everything works perfectly. Even the gimbal tilt speed works as hoped. That is, the more you rotate it the faster the tilt happens. So you can now not only control the tilt from the RC but you can control the speed at which it tilts. This is great **** and worth the $100 for the new RC. Anyway, here is a recap:
1. Uninstall the current version of the RC Assistant and then re-install it from the DJI website. I don't know why, but this is key to getting it to work. My guess is that DJI made some additional changes to the 1.1 version without telling anyone. That said, it seems like a critical step.
2. Bind the new RC to the Phantom. Follow the steps in the Phantom Manual version 1.6. It’s simple and I think different from what others have displayed on YouTube.
3. Turn on the RC and plug it into the PC. Open up the recently installed RC Assistant and do the calibration on the sticks as noted in the Assistant but DO NOT press FINISH yet. Now the next step is critical. Even though the RC Assistant says not to do the calibration on the X1 (the Tilt Control Wheel), you have to do it. Select the X1 wheel and rotate it several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Now press Finish.
4. Disconnect the RC from the PC and turn off the RC Assistant.
5. Turn on the Phantom, and then connect to PC. Start up the Phantom Assistant. It should be the latest version 3.6.
6. Make sure you select the correct RC option. In our case it should be the "Upgrade" version.
7. Repeat the calibration process for the left/right sticks and press Finish.
8. Then select the Calibration START button under the X1 control, rotate the tilt wheel several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Then press Finish.
9. Power down the Phantom, shutdown the Assistant, disconnect the PC from the Phantom.
10. Restart the Phantom and it should be golden.

You need to follow every step, even if it looks stupid.

It was actually TothePoint and Mopar you should be thanking. If you had read the thread and posted up that your firmware was not the latest or updating then your problem would have been solved.

Diagnosing over the forum is like asking your doctor what is wrong with you over the phone. It's much easier when that patient is there so you can observe/touch/question. If that controller was with me, I would have resolved it 2 seconds.

Followed the above procedure but my gimbal still returns to the 45 degree position. I have one of the original H3-3D gimbals where the Go-pro pushes into the connector on the back plate of the camera holder and 'talks' to everything via that connector. Is the early version compatible with the new transmitter?

Timsytanker said:
Followed the above procedure but my gimbal still returns to the 45 degree position. I have one of the original H3-3D gimbals where the Go-pro pushes into the connector on the back plate of the camera holder and 'talks' to everything via that connector. Is the early version compatible with the new transmitter?

Rear port is the H33d 1.0 (gopro 3 and 3+ only).
Side USB is the H33D 1.1 (gopro 3 and 4).

If you have done the instructions to the T, then it will be your gimbal firmware.
Can you check which zen imu gimbal firmware you have.
You will need to download the new phantom assist for the firmware to update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31