New transmitter with tilt question???

Reaction score
Just received my new transmitter and I'm kinda disappointed that it always returns to the same position. I was hoping you could tilt to one spot and it would hold. Have any of you found away around the "auto return position"?

Thanks.

My camera returns to its start portion when I release tilt wheel. It's almost slingshots back to its start position. Does it very fast.

Uninstall RC1.1
Install RC1.2. Calibrate all sticks and move X1 tilt dial and finalise.
Then Start Phantom Assist 3.6. Calibrate all sticks and X1 Tilt Dial. Then select "upgrade mode".
Upgrade mode will make the camera stay at a given point when you release. The further you push the tilt, the faster the travel.

Mako79 said:
Uninstall RC1.1
Install RC1.2. Calibrate all sticks and move X1 tilt dial and finalise.
Then Start Phantom Assist 3.6. Calibrate all sticks and X1 Tilt Dial. Then select "upgrade mode".
Upgrade mode will make the camera stay at a given point when you release. The further you push the tilt, the faster the travel.

Yeah, do this... I performed both of these actions before I first used my controller and mine functions as intended.

Gonefishing51077 said:
How do you uninstall RC1.1? I do not see that option on th phantom software

If you have NEVER installed RC1.1 then don't worry.
Just install the RC1.2

When you say upgrade mode are you referring to clicking the box by the new style transmitter... The transmitter with tilt wheel?

I don't have assistant on this computer (at work) but from memory it's a box about halfway down the screen with two options - one is upgraded transmitter. You have to select that one. I think there's a sticky from Mopar Bob about how to set it up right. Involves calibrating everything from scratch. I followed that and mine works like a dream. Best £100 I've spent on anything phantom related!

You cannot use the RC System 1.1 Assistant software to calibrate the X1 Channel (gimbal wheel). It is stated very clear in the software screen that you must use the Vision Assistant program to calibrate X!.

To use the Vision Assistant software.

Download and install the latest version (3.6) if you have not already done so.
Remove the props for safety and Connect the phantom to your computer
Open the Vision assistant program and let it connect to the phantom.

The Vision Assistant screen tab you want with the box on it is: Basic button > RC tab.
Under transmitter version section partway down the page, check the box "Upgrade Version"
Then do a calibration of the sticks.
Then do the X1 Calibration as this is the gimbal tilt wheel.
Save everything
power cycle everything.

Connect to the phantom again after the power cycle and open Vision Assistant and verify that the sticks and X1 are centered.

The Vision Assistant is also where you enable Naza mode if you wish to use (it is recommended to) that mode.

I'm having the same problem as Gonefishing510077. I did as suggested in this thread. Uninstalled RC1.1. Installed RC1.2. Did calibration. Then used Vision Assistant 3.6 switched to Upgrade Version, recalibrated the sticks and X1. Power cycled. Tilt wheel function working but does NOT stop when you let go of wheel. It returns about 45 degrees down. It's as if the wheel doesn't "know" how to let go of the camera when wheel naturally returns to center.

Any other suggestions?

UPDATE: Did every upgrade firmware/software upgrade listed even if it looked like it was already installed. Uninstalled Vision Assistant 3.6 and reinstalled from website again. Then ran RC1.2 with x1 calibration and then PC 3.6. Power cycled. Then tried again....it worked!

I guess reinstalling all software did help!

Thanks everyone for suggestions!

I have tried everything listed above and it will not work. No matter how many power cycles. I am using all the newest software.
If I can not get it to work I'll go back to my old transmitter.

Gonefishing51077 said:
When you say upgrade mode are you referring to clicking the box by the new style transmitter... The transmitter with tilt wheel?

Yes. The new style.

It shouldn't matter though new or not. It just changes the way the X1/CH7 behaves.
Upgrade is relative meaning it works like a car accelerator. The further you push it, the faster it travels. When you stop pushing it, it stops.
Basic mode = absolute mode. It works like a steering wheel. If you leave your steering wheel in that position, it stays in that position.

Gonefishing51077 said:
I have tried everything listed above and it will not work. No matter how many power cycles. I am using all the newest software.
If I can not get it to work I'll go back to my old transmitter.

Even though the RC 1.1 states that is does NOT calibrate the X1, just move the tilt wheel in the calibration.
Same RC 1.2 as well. Need to remember that the software/manuals are translated via broken English.

Well I have spent most of my night jacking with this POS and it still will not work correctly. I have deleted all software and reinstalled it. Don't the calibrations in both the RC software and the assistant software. Done power cycles after each one.
I went back a read a bunch of notes and stickies on this issue and tried them all. NOTHING FIXED IT.
I'm at a lose. Every time I let go of gimbal wheel it slings back to it starting point.

Guess I wasted $100 and over 5 hours of testing time on this.

One thing I have noticed is that on the view tab in the phantom assistant under basic the "U" indicator right above the X2 line is jumping from left to right. Is that normal. Maybe that's causing my issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20