New to Phantoms

Reaction score
Hello all!
This is my first post here and certainly won't be my last.
I've just ordered a Phantom 3 Standard from the black Friday sales and with any luck I'll have it by Friday.

I've been flying quadcopters for about 18 months now and currently have two Quanum Novas that I've upgraded to full APM 2.6 FC with Ublox M8N GPS, wireless telemetry, Quanum 2 axis gimbal with a 4k camera and a power module. I also have a F550 Hexacopter that is still on my bench also with APM 2.6, Ublox M8N GPS, retracts and sonar. I'm also finishing up a Mini SkyHunter fpv airplane with the same FC and GPS as the drones.
I really hadn't planned on getting a Phantom but when i saw the black Friday deals where it could be had for under $400 I couldn't stop myself from ordering one.
I look forward to contributing to the forum and can't wait to get the new P3S in the air.
I used to fly helicopters for many years but had to get out of the hobby due to my job requiring constant traveling all week.
I flew man brands over the years including ThunderTiger Raptors, Miniature Aircraft Fury Extremes and finally moved to gassers. I was a field rep for Century Helicopters for a few years and flew the Predator gasser and also flew and built scale Hughes 500D and E models. looking back, it sure would have been nice to have flight controllers in my scale helis back then we only had heading lock tail gyros.
Also I've noticed prices are so much lower now then back 15 years ago..

Cheers,
Ray

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum Ray .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

thanks for the warm welcome guys. sas099, you nailed it when you said: "Now you're hooked". lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic