New to drones

Reaction score
Hi fellas. considering buying a DJI phantom 3 standard.

And reason why not to buy this one?

@ $750 it's not cheap.

And as far as rules and regulations about flying them do many just forget about the regs and just fly?

They are pretty strict here in Australia.

Looks fun though :)

Is that $750. in US dollars ? Because in the states it's $499. max.

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
The P3S is a good entry level 'drone' but $750+ is a bit steep..Here in the UK they go for about £450. With the arrival of the new Mavic, there may well be lots of P3S's on the 'used' market at reasonable prices.

Last edited:
$750 Ozzie dollars
As a Standard owner myself for almost a year now. It's a great drone for the price, but it you can afford a bit more $ and I'd get the Advance model if getting far out is important to you. I think you guys are in CE mode and if so will get out to 500 meters give or take. But the P3A will be up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when in CE mode.

As a Standard owner myself for almost a year now. It's a great drone for the price, but it you can afford a bit more $ and I'd get the Advance model if getting far out is important to you. I think you guys are in CE mode and if so will get out to 500 meters give or take. But the P3A will be up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when in CE mode.

And the iPhone doesn't have a problem picking the wifi signal up from that far?

Dam my phone itself drops out of wifi range on the home wifi one as soon as I walk out the door.

Or is it totally differant signal pick up?

And the iPhone doesn't have a problem picking the wifi signal up from that far?

Dam my phone itself drops out of wifi range on the home wifi one as soon as I walk out the door.

Or is it totally differant signal pick up?

Totally different comms on the adv/pro. they use 'lightbridge' which is a DJI propitiatory thing.

You guys have 120 or 220 volts there?

240 volts
845294bad9e1def9bcea7ac38ee43c1d.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers