New to drones

Is that $750. in US dollars ? Because in the states it's $499. max.

Spot on $499 US dollars convert to AU and dammmmmm!

Plus shipping, god only knows what that will cost.

So buying direct from DJI is even more exspensiv
7e15fd0556c47bcdd3e8bdcde70089c4.png
e .

And the iPhone doesn't have a problem picking the wifi signal up from that far?

Dam my phone itself drops out of wifi range on the home wifi one as soon as I walk out the door.

Or is it totally differant signal pick up?
Didn't see anyone clear this up for you.
Your phone connects to the remote contoller (either via WiFi or USB depending on the model of Phantom)
Then, the remote controller makes the whole connection to the Phantom.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

Reactions: Storm and Vzr1
Check out the P3 4k if you can get it. Very similar to the P3 Professional without the range. Only 1.2km but that is pretty far for me. Plus we are getting them here in the US for $599. Amazing 4k video and 12mp camera.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Philltayl
I would suggest going on the DJI website and taking a peek at their refurbished units!! Amazing deals and they guarantee them!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I can't even find refurbished ones on the site. I googled refurbished DJI phantom and when it comes up it just gives me the DJI website but no actual refurbished list. I'm sure I seen it somewhere earlier

While I'm at it, why can you change your sex to female at the click of a button but not your date of birth on the forum?

While I'm at it, why can you change your sex to female at the click of a button but not your date of birth on the forum?
What does that have to do with the topic on this form? Maybe send a email to support and have them fix your DOB if incorrect.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

About as much as cold beer has to do with it .... sweet **** all lol

Hi Vzr1, always humorous reading any threads with an Australian in it somewhere... I live in WA and have both a PS3 and P4, as others have already commented earlier, I would be looking at upgrading to either a P3A or P3P as whilst you will have to go without beer for a little while to pay for the upgrade, you will be rewarded with a more reliable signal and better distance. I have a P3S over here at work in the land of fish heads and bananas and the only mod I have done to the P3S is a windsurfer. Distance is over 500M across the tops of jungles etc which is reasonable but spend more time trying to find an area that is free from interference and having to convince security that I am not a terrorist.

Reactions: Storm and Vzr1
Hi Vzr1, always humorous reading any threads with an Australian in it somewhere... I live in WA and have both a PS3 and P4, as others have already commented earlier, I would be looking at upgrading to either a P3A or P3P as whilst you will have to go without beer for a little while to pay for the upgrade, you will be rewarded with a more reliable signal and better distance. I have a P3S over here at work in the land of fish heads and bananas and the only mod I have done to the P3S is a windsurfer. Distance is over 500M across the tops of jungles etc which is reasonable but spend more time trying to find an area that is free from interference and having to convince security that I am not a terrorist.

Hi Tevek, yeah every time I look at a drone to purchase I look at the next model up from it. Thinking what the hell its only money, what am I saving for! It's there to spend right?

I'm flying over to WA in January, feels like another world away! I'm on the most easterly point of Oz.

They got jungles over there ? Lol

I'm used to the good old bush here. The woods to the Americans :)

Hi Tevek, yeah every time I look at a drone to purchase I look at the next model up from it. Thinking what the hell its only money, what am I saving for! It's there to spend right?

I'm flying over to WA in January, feels like another world away! I'm on the most easterly point of Oz.

They got jungles over there ? Lol

I'm used to the good old bush here. The woods to the Americans :)

I live in WA but work in the Phillipines so I get to fly over banana and coconut trees in one place, the forests and oceans in the other.

WA is sometimes the armpit of the universe but having lived over east for many years, I shouldn't complain. As for drones, regardless of what you buy, the advice in the forum is exceptional and probably saved me from making really dumb mistakes. You're right about the money, get the best drone you can afford even if it means going without food for a month. P3A/P minimum me thinks, you won't regret it, way too much fun.

Reactions: Vzr1 and Philltayl
I live in WA but work in the Phillipines so I get to fly over banana and coconut trees in one place, the forests and oceans in the other.

WA is sometimes the armpit of the universe but having lived over east for many years, I shouldn't complain. As for drones, regardless of what you buy, the advice in the forum is exceptional and probably saved me from making really dumb mistakes. You're right about the money, get the best drone you can afford even if it means going without food for a month. P3A/P minimum me thinks, you won't regret it, way too much fun.

:)

I'm glad that you said going without food, cause going without beer..........will be hard :)

Wmcvey might blow a fuse lol...... oops now I'm on fuses. Sorry
You Australian do have odd personalities that is for sure. At least you're not a whiner like some of them on these threads, and actually talk like an adult.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj