New Software and Firmware?

Have you tried flying it as is ?

I don't see any reason for me to try going back.

When I connected the Phantom, it was recognized by the Assistant, instantly a message came up to download new firmware, and software. I did those things, and it said those installations were successful. I test flew it, and it was better than before.

If there was no Forum, and you had successfully "upgraded" your firmware and software, would you fly it ?

I saw this on Facebook for those that want to revert back to the Phantom firmware. I have not done this, perform at your own risk.

From Facebook.

Here are the instructions to downgrade back to the original firmware............

1. Click on the blue text (No updates) next to Firmware 2.02: in the assistant under info.
A pop-up box will appear.

2. Type the word door You do not need to put your cursor anywhere, just type and another box will pop up.

3. Type test for the user name and 125 for the password.

4. Follow the remaining instructions to upgrade the NAZA then after the progress bar is done, power cycle the Phantom.

5. Do a software compass re-cal when done followed by a manual compass re-cal

If it were me I'd also do a Tx and an IMU calibration.

Lee Z said:

Here a direct info:
DJI published new Official Firmware version 3.10 or Phantom Only :mrgreen:

Just use Naza Assistant 2.10 and update. Now it is safe to upgrade do !
Here are the homepage instructions (see 4 highlited green links), and direct DJI link:
http://www.dji-innovations.com/download/phantom-downloads/

New-Phantom-Firmware-3.10.jpg

I want to upgrade to the new firmware version, but not until I understand all I need to know. Besides IMU recalibration, what else do I need to calibrate or do after the new firmware is installed?

i downloaded new version and upgraded, using stock radio it has new take off procedure, move throttle up slowly to halfway, and then slowly increase throttle, and phantom will launch when allitude you want is reached, lower to half and it will hold allitude, the problem im having is if you go below half it shuts motors off, have not flown it yet just bench testing with props off, anyone else having this problem.

toolman2a said:
the problem im having is if you go below half it shuts motors off, have not flown it yet just bench testing with props off, anyone else having this problem.
I am NOT having that problem. I took mine for a test flight and it works great. Maybe, because you don't have props attached and it is not moving, it assumes it has landed.

Now we need a mod so the throttle will spring back to center.

Wow!! Easy to install, opened it up to double check any changes and all the gain/gimbal settings were fine... Went to the beach... Wow! It's so much more stable! Flies way better! :)

It's also worth noting that I installed a gimbal the other day and I was really struggling to make it hover in place due to the weight change, it was always either going up or down... But now it holds anywhere I want, solidly!

I can also now yaw without drifting at all. :))

Did the upgrade, flew in my living room (too windy outside), it flies well. Since this is my 6th flight (total) and 2nd in ATTI mode. I could not tell a difference in stability/control other than take off. But, it flies really well. Glad I did the upgrade.

I did notice that now the LED will blink twice indicating one of the control sticks is not centered unless BOTH control sticks are centered (before take off) meaning that the throttle must also be at 50% for LED to blink only once. Whereas before, it didn't matter the position of the throttle.

Mr. Lucid said:
I did notice that now the LED will blink twice indicating one of the control sticks is not centered unless BOTH control sticks are centered (before take off) meaning that the throttle must also be at 50% for LED to blink only once. Whereas before, it didn't matter the position of the throttle.

I'm pretty sure the light pattern you're describing is correct now for 3.10. At least, that's how it works - and changed from 3.0 - for me. The wind here is making me crazy, too. I got three flights in yesterday watching the Phantom do a magnificent job of hovering in light gusts, but I won't risk it today even though I really want to carefully put it through the paces of hovering in place and maneuvering with the new software.

So with the new upgrade, you can also set fail safe on switch ? How do you recover when you activate fail safe, change it back to GPS / attitude mode ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20