New Software and Firmware?

The changes: (Naza-M 2.12, firmware 3.12)
What’s new?
 Firmware
 Add Receiver Advanced Protection Function.
 Fix the problem of Transmitter mid point deviation and travel asymmetry. Add mid point checking when power on, if mid point
deviation is too big, motor start fails and there is Red LED indicator to warn you.
 Optimize stop motor in Intelligent Mode, the criterion of stopping motor changes from under 40% throttle stick to under 10%.
 Software
 New UI design, simple and easy to use.
 Add Receiver Advanced Protection Function on the Basic->RC tab.
 Manual
 New Quick Start Guide, matched with the new assistant software.
 Add instruction for the corresponding function.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... tes_en.pdf

yeap just downloaded it and installed,, gonna go test fly it it a few, noticed on bench test that throttle does not shut off at 40 percent now but back to 10 percent, launch mode is the same go to mid point on throttle and it spools up to launch,, will post further when i test fly it. :)

just back from test flying post upgrade. Wind kicked up to 10mph with gusts a bit higher so it was short. Hard to say what I did notice however the cut off is back as mentioned above. I am still not a fan of the new take off and unfortunate for me its the same with no control. Took it out as far as I could see it. Came back without issue. Switched to atti and back to gps with no issues. Not sure on gps stabilization due to wind but it seemed to hold for the conditions.. Every once in a while it would get pushed and have to correct itself, which it did well.

Oh I did have to do an advanced cali even though I checked right beforehand. Not sure what that was about..

(As Forsest Gump says) that's about all I got to say about that.

ditto on above posting,, winds were 9 to 10 gusting up to 12, phantom stayed within meter of gps lock, didnt find any problems, ran two batteries through her, everything seems to work fine, i did recalibrate the compass before i took her up.

First test today with new firmware. Went through five batteries of careful and aggressive flying. More stable near the ground, but still does the odd donut circling in gps when it should be motionless. A few touches from the tx and it stops messing around. And then it does it again. Strange. Overall well behaved and outside of having to learn a few new led flashes seems ok. Gopro decided to shut itself off mid flight on a charged battery though. Those cameras are a whole other story. About 10% of the time they do something goofy, like lock up or turn off without warning. We may have our bitches about dji but GoPro is far worse. But because they don't fly away or explode or something we put up with it. I hope they get a software fix for this.

Roadkilt said:
First test today with new firmware. Went through five batteries of careful and aggressive flying. More stable near the ground, but still does the odd donut circling in gps when it should be motionless. A few touches from the tx and it stops messing around. And then it does it again. Strange. Overall well behaved and outside of having to learn a few new led flashes seems ok. Gopro decided to shut itself off mid flight on a charged battery though. Those cameras are a whole other story. About 10% of the time they do something goofy, like lock up or turn off without warning. We may have our bitches about dji but GoPro is far worse. But because they don't fly away or explode or something we put up with it. I hope they get a software fix for this.

I have always had that circler drift in GPS when flying and flicking the controls in opposite direction seems to correct it. Had that problem even before the update.

Roadkilt said:

If you're not filming, Gopro will shut down because going standby. Go settings and set MANUAL the time for standby.

After I went from 3.10 to 1.8 then to 2.10 and then up to 3.12 my motors when turned on sounded real strange like a couple where throttled up verses the other two. I thought I'd manually compass calibrate by spinning the phantom horizontally and then vertically and that fixed the problem. Flew it today where it was pretty windy but things seem to be back on track.

BadWolf said:
I saw this on Facebook for those that want to revert back to the Phantom firmware. I have not done this, perform at your own risk.

From Facebook.

Here are the instructions to downgrade back to the original firmware............

1. Click on the blue text (No updates) next to Firmware 2.02: in the assistant under info.
A pop-up box will appear.

2. Type the word door You do not need to put your cursor anywhere, just type and another box will pop up.

3. Type test for the user name and 125 for the password.

4. Follow the remaining instructions to upgrade the NAZA then after the progress bar is done, power cycle the Phantom.

5. Do a software compass re-cal when done followed by a manual compass re-cal

If it were me I'd also do a Tx and an IMU calibration.

test and 125 no longer work for this
It says username or password error!

jdawson said:
Someone just pointed out to me... If this is not for the phantom... Why is that page also showing the "Phantom Default Configuration Parameters" as a download!

Also why did it show the upgrade on the Phantom 1 updates and download page. Remember when you go to DJI you can go to Phantom 1 page to upgrade. Each Phantom has its own support page and firmware upgrade, and never got a warning this is for the Phantom 1.

I have heard this so often, from people even before the Phantom 2 even came out, so think it's crap what some are saying. never ever have had any warning message, and my Phantom flies wonderfully with the new firmware, if your getting firmware updates warning the, ether it is total crap, or there is something wrong with your computer, or NAZA assist, etc, no way should you be getting the warning, if your on the Phantom 1 support page, then the firmware is for the Phantom 1.

it is funny how with every firmware update, long before the new versions of firmware, we hear the same crap from people, warning that it is not for the Phantom 1, do not update. What crap.

midwestmobil said:
Just upgraded to new firmware, one thing I noticed is in the software on the basic screen under rc . you can now go straight to fail safe with the atti switch without turning off the transmitter. you have the option of manual,atti or failsafe . still need to fly but will let you no how it works

Interesting, also you get two options, just land, or go home and land, but never seen the option to set atti to failsafe? may need to relook? But set mine to return to home and land.

DomKane said:
Wonder if they'll put out an official version for the Phantom. I'm keen to try it.

If you don't upgrade when it asks you there is an upgrade, then you cannot use the NAZA assist, so your basically forced into upgrading if you want to use the NAZA assist, and there are times your going to have to use it, so therefore, forced to have to upgrade.

I very much doubt DJI would, through firmware upgrades, force you to turn your Phantom into a brick forcing you to have to invest in a later Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl