New Remote Dial not working - Help Please

Sorry for dragging up an old post but I thought the end of this story may be of use to someone

In short, the dial did not work on the new (NDJ6) controller, would not tilt the H3-3D. Tried manual and software calibration. Tried various firmware and assistants. No luck, Brought it back to the dealer and he did the same trick and it worked

BUT

One week later while flying the dial stopped working again and the gimbal went back to facing straight down. Back to the original issue! Out of frustration, and a slow response from the dealer, I said I would open it up and have a look....and there it was a loose connector coming from the dial.

dial_connector.jpg

It wan't clicked into the socket fully, once pressed in, all was well in the world.

Hopes this helps anybody with similar issues.

John

I am setting up the new remote with a phantom 1.1.1 and an H3-3D. I downloaded the RC asssistant and updated the firmware on the remote then updated the firmware on the gimbal. Calibrated the remote with the RC assistant then calibrated the remote again with the Naza assistant. I can either get the camera to point straight ahead and only tilt down or I can get it to go at about a 45 and tilt down or back up to a 90. So My problem is I tilt the camera and as soon as I let go of the dial the camera goes back to the starting position either at a 90 or a 45 depending on which position I calibrated it to. Different from the old remote where as soon as I let go of the lever the camera would stay in that position. Does it operation ether same way for you guys using this remote with a P2?

I'm having the same issue told before in this thread.
I have Phantom 2, H3-D3 and a ndj6 remote

When I start up, the camera goes to default position at 45 degrees, facing forward and down. I use the wheel to tilt the camera up and down. It all works fine until I take my finger away from the wheel. Then the wheel goes back in the defaul position, and the same with the gimbal.

I want the wheel to go back to the deafault position, but I want the gimbal to stay where it is. Just like in the video below. How do I fiks this problem?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When I start up, the camera goes to default position at 45 degrees, facing forward and down. I use the wheel to tilt the camera up and down. It all works fine until I take my finger away from the wheel. Then the wheel goes back in the defaul position, and the same with the gimbal.

I want the wheel to go back to the deafault position, but I want the gimbal to stay where it is. Just like in the video below. How do I fiks this problem?

Have you taken the time to calibrate the RC sticks and X1 (tilt control) and the controller in mode 2? Next with the controller on calibrate sticks and X1 in the P2's software and also do an advanced IMU calibration and it should stay put when you release the wheel.

In case a complete calibration doesn't help did you receive a message to login when you connected up to the P2 software. If so login as you may have an update for the gimbal and if there is also an update to v3.14 it's up to you if you want to update.but you will need the gimbals update.

There is upgrade and basic mode for your controller. This will affect the way the tilt behaves. You need to select "upgrade mode" in your phantom assist software for the new remotes with the tilt dial on the top left shoulder of the remote.

And starting up with the H33D pointing at 45 degs is normal.
Also check your gimbal settings and set horizon = 0 and vertical = 0 (this will give you full range of tilt movement)

hmmm I get a connection between the Phantom 2 and the Assistant software. There is a green light on the lower left, and a blinking blue light next to it. I can access the Basic/ RC "command stick calibration" & "X1 calibration"
I also set the Advanced/ Gimbal: Tilt control gain: 0, Horizontal Limit: 0, Vertical limit: 0
software: All are up to date
It seems to me that it works fine.
BUT I can not get access to the remote in the RC program. There is a red light at the lower left and a dark blue light next to it. What am I doning wrong?

I have windows 10. I have installed
Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2
Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.8
DJI WIN Driver Installer

DJI WIN Driver Installer

- When unplugget controller and phantom: No Error, Green light, Did'nt find any units that needed update
- When Unplugged controller and plugged in phantom: Red light, Installation failed
- When plugged in controller and unplugged Phantom: Green light, Did'nt find any units that needed update
- When plugged in controller and phantom: Red light, Installation failed

hmmm I get a connection between the Phantom 2 and the Assistant software. There is a green light on the lower left, and a blinking blue light next to it. I can access the Basic/ RC "command stick calibration" & "X1 calibration"
I also set the Advanced/ Gimbal: Tilt control gain: 0, Horizontal Limit: 0, Vertical limit: 0
software: All are up to date
It seems to me that it works fine.
BUT I can not get access to the remote in the RC program. There is a red light at the lower left and a dark blue light next to it. What am I doning wrong?

I have windows 10. I have installed
Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2
Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.8
DJI WIN Driver Installer

DJI WIN Driver Installer

- When unplugget controller and phantom: No Error, Green light, Did'nt find any units that needed update
- When Unplugged controller and plugged in phantom: Red light, Installation failed
- When plugged in controller and unplugged Phantom: Green light, Did'nt find any units that needed update
- When plugged in controller and phantom: Red light, Installation failed

With the USB plugged into the controller does the LED turn on indicating it is either fully charged or needs to be charged? If the LED does light up try turning on the controller first then the the software. If it still doesn't make a connection open the controller and make sure the USB connector is fully seated and try again. Be careful when opening the controller as the antenna plastic ring locks it together. Last of all there is a binding LED on the underside of the P2. When the P2 is powered up and the controller is off the LED will be red and when the controller is turned on it will turn green which should indicate the controller is working.

To calibrate the sticks and X1 it has to be done in the following order controller first then the P2. Also take a screen shot of the upgrade so we can see what firmware you are using.

With the USB plugged into the controller does the LED turn on indicating it is either fully charged or needs to be charged? If the LED does light up try turning on the controller first then the the software. If it still doesn't make a connection open the controller and make sure the USB connector is fully seated and try again. Be careful when opening the controller as the antenna plastic ring locks it together. Last of all there is a binding LED on the underside of the P2. When the P2 is powered up and the controller is off the LED will be red and when the controller is turned on it will turn green which should indicate the controller is working.

To calibrate the sticks and X1 it has to be done in the following order controller first then the P2. Also take a screen shot of the upgrade so we can see what firmware you are using.

YES the LED is red when i plug it in, and Green when I turn the RC on. The small green LED lights indicate that it is charging
I have opened the controller and unplugged/plugged in the connector
The green LED is lit under the Phantom 2 - so there is a good connection

FINALLY I get a connection with the RC. I Installed the driver, RC assist and Phantom 2 Assist on a nother computer that is running Win 7 Ultimate.
I first calibrate the Remote with the RC assist
Then I calibrate the remote with the Phantom Assist

Using this method:
'1. Uninstall the current version of the RC Assistant and then re-install it from the DJI website. I don't know why, but this is key to getting it to work. My guess is that DJI made some additional changes to the 1.1 version without telling anyone. That said, it seems like a critical step.
2. Bind the new RC to the Phantom. Follow the steps in the Phantom Manual version 1.6. It’s simple and I think different from what others have displayed on YouTube.
3. Turn on the RC and plug it into the PC. Open up the recently installed RC Assistant and do the calibration on the sticks as noted in the Assistant but DO NOT press FINISH yet. Now the next step is critical. Even though the RC Assistant says not to do the calibration on the X1 (the Tilt Control Wheel), you have to do it. Select the X1 wheel and rotate it several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Now press Finish.
4. Disconnect the RC from the PC and turn off the RC Assistant.
5. Turn on the Phantom, and then connect to PC. Start up the Phantom Assistant. It should be the latest version 3.6.
6. Make sure you select the correct RC option. In our case it should be the "Upgrade" version.
7. Repeat the calibration process for the left/right sticks and press Finish.
8. Then select the Calibration START button under the X1 control, rotate the tilt wheel several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Then press Finish.
9. Power down the Phantom, shutdown the Assistant, disconnect the PC from the Phantom.
10. Restart the Phantom and it should be golden.

No change after doing this. I can control the Phantom as normal and tilt the gimbal up and down. The problem is that the gimball always goes back to 45 degrees after I let go of the tilt wheel.

Any suggestions?

Here are the screenshots

Attachments

• Phantom2_2016-01-26_13-19-32.jpg
    Phantom2_2016-01-26_13-19-32.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 332
  • Phantom_RC_2016-01-26_13-23-35.jpg
    Phantom_RC_2016-01-26_13-23-35.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 366
YES the LED is red when i plug it in, and Green when I turn the RC on. The small green LED lights indicate that it is charging
I have opened the controller and unplugged/plugged in the connector
The green LED is lit under the Phantom 2 - so there is a good connection

FINALLY I get a connection with the RC. I Installed the driver, RC assist and Phantom 2 Assist on a nother computer that is running Win 7 Ultimate.
I first calibrate the Remote with the RC assist
Then I calibrate the remote with the Phantom Assist

Using this method:
'1. Uninstall the current version of the RC Assistant and then re-install it from the DJI website. I don't know why, but this is key to getting it to work. My guess is that DJI made some additional changes to the 1.1 version without telling anyone. That said, it seems like a critical step.
2. Bind the new RC to the Phantom. Follow the steps in the Phantom Manual version 1.6. It’s simple and I think different from what others have displayed on YouTube.
3. Turn on the RC and plug it into the PC. Open up the recently installed RC Assistant and do the calibration on the sticks as noted in the Assistant but DO NOT press FINISH yet. Now the next step is critical. Even though the RC Assistant says not to do the calibration on the X1 (the Tilt Control Wheel), you have to do it. Select the X1 wheel and rotate it several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Now press Finish.
4. Disconnect the RC from the PC and turn off the RC Assistant.
5. Turn on the Phantom, and then connect to PC. Start up the Phantom Assistant. It should be the latest version 3.6.
6. Make sure you select the correct RC option. In our case it should be the "Upgrade" version.
7. Repeat the calibration process for the left/right sticks and press Finish.
8. Then select the Calibration START button under the X1 control, rotate the tilt wheel several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Then press Finish.
9. Power down the Phantom, shutdown the Assistant, disconnect the PC from the Phantom.
10. Restart the Phantom and it should be golden.

No change after doing this. I can control the Phantom as normal and tilt the gimbal up and down. The problem is that the gimball always goes back to 45 degrees after I let go of the tilt wheel.

Any suggestions?
Here are the screenshots

I noticed that the gimbal isn't listed in the upgrades screen shot. Here is my upgrades screenshot.as you can see the gimbal is listed.

Upgrade Page_02.jpg
RC controller.jpg

So let's start the calibration sequence again.

1) Connect the RC to the computer and turn it on and check that it is in mode 2 then calibrate the sticks and X1. Take screenshot before
disconnecting from computer but leave the RC unit on.

2) Plug P2 into the computer turn on the software assistant then power on the P2 and calibrate sticks and X1.

3) While the P2 is connected go to the upgrades and take a screenshot

I just found out that my gimbal is a H3-2D gimbal and not a H3-3D gimbal as i thought. That might be why there are no updates on the screenshot I posted.?
Are there any known problems with H3-2D and the new remote NDJ6 like the problem I'm having?
I will try to calibrate and take new screenshots tomorrow following step 1-3 above.

I just found out that my gimbal is a H3-2D gimbal and not a H3-3D gimbal as i thought. That might be why there are no updates on the screenshot I posted.?
Are there any known problems with H3-2D and the new remote NDJ6 like the problem I'm having?
I will try to calibrate and take new screenshots tomorrow following step 1-3 above.

According to the screenshot you sent that isn't even a DJI Zenmuse h3-2d gimbal. Take a front & back photos of the gimbal and post it

Hmmm. Strange. I have not found any numbers or name on the gimbal but I will post photos of it when I get back home tomorrow.

Hmmm. Strange. I have not found any numbers or name on the gimbal but I will post photos of it when I get back home tomorrow.

First off I apologize for not catching info I over looked.

1) You do indeed have a zenmuse H3-2D gimbal

2) The problem you are having with the NDJ6 RC controller is compatibility with the gimbal itself. They're not compatible.

There are only two solutions either use the old DJ6 RC or upgrade to a H3-3D gimbal.

I own H3-2D gimbal as well and decided to connect to my P2 but it wasn't until I plugged up the P2 to the software about the compatibility issue. While I had the software running I checked the upgrades and the gimbals CMU & IMU are identical to the screenshot you upload earlier.

Once again sorry for the confusion but at least now you know why and what steps you need to take to correct it neither of which are welcomed news..

First off I apologize for not catching info I over looked.

1) You do indeed have a zenmuse H3-2D gimbal

2) The problem you are having with the NDJ6 RC controller is compatibility with the gimbal itself. They're not compatible.

There are only two solutions either use the old DJ6 RC or upgrade to a H3-3D gimbal.

I own H3-2D gimbal as well and decided to connect to my P2 but it wasn't until I plugged up the P2 to the software about the compatibility issue. While I had the software running I checked the upgrades and the gimbals CMU & IMU are identical to the screenshot you upload earlier.

Once again sorry for the confusion but at least now you know why and what steps you need to take to correct it neither of which are welcomed news..

You are correct; neither are good news. But at least now I know that the new remote NDJ6 and the gimbal H3-2D are not compatible. Thank you for your help with solving this issue. Hopefully this post will help others with the same problem as well.

I found this video on Youtube that might be an easy fix to the problem. Hopefully the dial is still pretty tight without the spring, so that it keeps in place even though I'm moving the controller around while walking etc.
As far as I know, this dial and the rechargeable battery are the two only differences between the old and the new remote. I think the dial is more soft than the joystick on the back of the old one, so hopefully i will get a more smooth gimbalmovement with this hack than with the old remote.

I will come back with more info after I try to modify the controller

You are correct; neither are good news. But at least now I know that the new remote NDJ6 and the gimbal H3-2D are not compatible. Thank you for your help with solving this issue. Hopefully this post will help others with the same problem as well.

I found this video on Youtube that might be an easy fix to the problem. Hopefully the dial is still pretty tight without the spring, so that it keeps in place even though I'm moving the controller around while walking etc.
As far as I know, this dial and the rechargeable battery are the two only differences between the old and the new remote. I think the dial is more soft than the joystick on the back of the old one, so hopefully i will get a more smooth gimbalmovement with this hack than with the old remote.

I will come back with more info after I try to modify the controller

If you you take the spring of the wheel put it away in case you decide to buy H4-3D gimbal. Here is a ad from B&H in NY for a new gimbal and occasionally they a used one for $169.95. Used prices if they have any will be below the new price.
hphotovideo.com/c/product/1112058-REG/dji_zenmuse_h4_3d.html

Here's an ad from Blioq.com for a H3-3D gimbal $156.29
DJI Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro HERO3/3+/4 (Phantom 2) (White) - BLINQ

If you you take the spring of the wheel put it away in case you decide to buy H4-3D gimbal. Here is a ad from B&H in NY for a new gimbal and occasionally they a used one for $169.95. Used prices if they have any will be below the new price.
hphotovideo.com/c/product/1112058-REG/dji_zenmuse_h4_3d.html

Here's an ad from Blioq.com for a H3-3D gimbal $156.29
DJI Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro HERO3/3+/4 (Phantom 2) (White) - BLINQ

Now I have tried the modification for a while (wheel without the spring), and I am wuite happy with is. It stays in its place even if i walk og jog around with the remote. I'm keeping the spring in a safe place in case I want to buy a H3-3D gimbal. (thanks for the links Jason).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers