NEW product - Phantom Rain Rescue Jackets - designed to float your phantom.

[emoji848][emoji848] I fly over water almost every flight if my copter did take a swim #1 I would have no way to retrieve it, I seldom bring a boat along #2 it’s salt water so ☹️ #3 Id never trust it even if I paid someone to resurrect the corpse...Interesting idea but finding potential buyers may be a tough one

Lol. that is what they said about drones flying in the Rain - Snow - and Storms - . Seriously this is even a bigger market as there is a lot of surrounding water in the world, so will do just fine.

Whenever you have a hobby that you love, and make money you cant loose.
Believe me if you owned a boat, or jet ski like I do the threat of the drone going under water quickly is real.
The Phantom Rescue Jackets are going to make it more stress free, thats the goal.

Lol. that is what they said about drones flying in the Rain - Snow - and Storms - . Seriously this is even a bigger market as there is a lot of surrounding water in the world, so will do just fine.

Whenever you have a hobby that you love, and make money you cant loose.
Believe me if you owned a boat, or jet ski like I do the threat of the drone going under water quickly is real.
The Phantom Rescue Jackets are going to make it more stress free, thats the goal.

I hear ya I launched more then a few time in rain and snow so I do see the value in that but the whole landing in water thing is easy farther then I’m willing to go , Good luck with your venture [emoji106]

Just keep in mind that no one wants to land in the water, its pointless , however many many people do land in the water by accident .
Thus the word RESCUE and not sea world pictures. lol

Reactions: BigAl07
I guess I'm not so concerned about submersion as I am about just flying and taking photos/video in rain or snow. If the wetsuit allows the 'copter to fly in adverse conditions, will the camera be protected?

OH!! All this time I thought it was to allow it to fly in the rain. I'll shut up now.

I guess I'm not so concerned about submersion as I am about just flying and taking photos/video in rain or snow. If the wetsuit allows the 'copter to fly in adverse conditions, will the camera be protected?
OH!! All this time I thought it was to allow it to fly in the rain. I'll shut up now.

Think we got confused on your post. The Phantom Rain Wet Suit was designed to allow the Phantom 4 series drones to fly in the extreme rain.

The New Product that is coming out will allow your drone to float on the water for rescue operations.
The Camera on the Phantom 4 series is much more water resistant than you understand it to be.

We have over 50 videos of the Phantom 4 flying in extreme weather conditions in extreme weather.
Just to clarify , the Phantom Wet Suits are designed to negotiate the water from it getting inside the drone anywhere.

Phantomrain.org
coal

The rescue jackets are cool I get my drones from TopRcToysandMore.com Their I find the best valued Drones for the best prices.

Think we got confused on your post. The Phantom Rain Wet Suit was designed to allow the Phantom 4 series drones to fly in the extreme rain.

The New Product that is coming out will allow your drone to float on the water for rescue operations.
The Camera on the Phantom 4 series is much more water resistant than you understand it to be.

We have over 50 videos of the Phantom 4 flying in extreme weather conditions in extreme weather.
Just to clarify , the Phantom Wet Suits are designed to negotiate the water from it getting inside the drone anywhere.

Phantomrain.org
coal
OK, so there IS one that allows you to fly. THAT's the one where I was wondering about protecting the camera. I think we're on the same page now. Thanks for clarifying. Of course, now that I read that, I've got a Phantom 3, so I guess it's a moot/mute point anyway. But thanks for the replies.

Phantom Rain Rescue Jacket in action: We have now cut the weight down to 3.3 ounces. Outstanding performance.
We will post video very soon, but this will keep you in the loop. Pre Orders coming soon. For both the Phantom 3 /4 series drones.

I want to thank everyone for being so Patient.

15 successful launch attempts from the water is more than what we hoped for.
We made this for Rescue it is not meant to take sea world pictures nor is it a submarine

Keep in mind that this a combination of the Phantom Rain Wet Suit and the Rescue jacket getting these amazing results.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor

WE HAVE NOT TESTED IN SALT WATER AT THIS TIME.

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 7.34.57 PM.png

As promised we will post video soon of the action in a separate post..

Last edited:
You know i was just joking . can't wait to see the footage
Ok . lost my phantom to a lake a month ago . lets see some water footage ? like the phantom floating on a body of water and then taking off or watching you submerge a phantom and then watching it take off . etc

I'm very anxious to see what you've come up with. It's a very good idea to say the least. I'm looking forward to more info as it becomes available.

A couple video clips of some Touch and Go in and out of the water.

Reactions: DKG13CC
Well done. I posted in your other thread. This is exciting :)

This may have saved mt drowned drone! A couple of questions - will it protect/float your Phantom in the event of an actual crash into water, or in a forced landing (as mine was)? What does this do to your camera? And finally,just as good in salt water as fresh?

Not so good if you’re a carp angler, as it looks like it would scare the hell out of any nearby fish, unless you wanted to film “the big one” before catching it.....

A couple video clips of some Touch and Go in and out of the water.

Nice ! what about the camera ? seems to go limp quite a bit and is the water effecting the camera ? footage from the drone that's being dunked would be nice to see the camera operate and the underwater footage would be cool

Nice ! what about the camera ? seems to go limp quite a bit and is the water effecting the camera ? footage from the drone that's being dunked would be nice to see the camera operate and the underwater footage would be cool

The video records for a few seconds but than looses the camera signal, Once it resurfaces it regains the signal , but filming under water is not a reality than anyone should be thinking about. So to clarify its not that the water is getting inside the camera , that that the signal is being lost when going under water.

Video of the Phantom 4 Submerged completely under water and a drift to sea without a Wet Suit only using the Rescue jacket.
Video filmed for 30 minutes before shutting off.

We have added a place on the Rescue Jacket for a Business Card with Vital Information for return based on the fact that the Rescue Jackets can sustain float indefinitely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues