NEW product - Phantom Rain Rescue Jackets - designed to float your phantom.

PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
We are super Excited about this new product , its going to be a game changer for those that fly over the water, the river, the lake, and the oceans. THINK RESCUE

Yep were talking about the Phantom series drones landing in the water indefinitely ready for rescue
Were talking about landing in the water and taking off afterwards.
Were talking about going upside down and flipping over and coming back up.

The First Production is coming to the Phantom 4 series of Drones followed by the Phantom 3 , its time Phantom 3 flyers got something amazing for there drone.

We have been working on this for almost 2 years now and have lost many drones to the sea , as can be seen on some of the videos on are channel..

Here is how many of the projects to float the Phantom went: First the Bath Tub test - failure
The Pool test - Failure
The Lake test with waves - Failure
The submersion test total failure - none ever made it that far.

The constant never ending question ?
How can you capture the buoyancy needed to hold up 5 pounds in the smallest foot print possible
without any change in how the drone really looks or flys

So I gave up on that idea , and I bought this instead , its a 2018/ Sea-Doo with this new flat deck on the back that was perfect for the drone to take off on water.. It was like a private Helipad.

You can see the deck on the back , is perfect for take off and landing the drone but also inches away from the Phantom Death.

Even geared up with the Phantom Rain Wet Suit is was stressful.

That got me thinking about this new JET SKI design that offers the most stable platform in the industry and what did they do to make it more stable than the others before it.

FYI: trading in mine for the new 2019 Digital Display Neon Blue.
Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 9.41.39 PM.png

You can skip the Epic story below.: Just go to Product Information below.

But if you are a creator than you might enjoy how the Product came to be.

As soon as I read the words ( They lowered the center of Gravity and changed the shape of the hull, my mind exploded with new ideas and 14 hours latter I had a new Prototype for a way to float the drone. After almost 6 months of having no more ideas, I had a light bulb go off.

Another part of the puzzle came when I was making a purchase of the Life jacket for the jet ski turns out that you can not use a White Water Rafting life jacket , as you have to use a US Coat Guard approved Life Jacket because they have two defined purposes. One was to allow movement and the other was to keep you a float if unconscious WOW another lightbulb just went off .

It was to much and I stopped everything to start working on the new idea, non stop for two days, obsessed with this last feature to be able to float and get rescued.

Having had no sleep for 2 days making Proto Types , I was off to test the Phantom Rescue jacket directly in the lake skipping all other options.

Sleep deprived, I landed the drone directly on top of the choppy waves wanting to get this over with and get some sleep. I was prepared for the drone to flip over and sink to its death, but it rode the waves, OMG it was surfing the waves like it was made to be on the water. whoah..

I could see the lights on the battery and the blades were still spinning , this alone was a breakthrough , and I was sitting on the dock waiting for it to sink.

I waited and waited and waited and before all was lost I flew it up and out of the water . I watched in amazement as all the water drained out of it and flew it back to me. Almost 25 minutes floating in the choppy waves without flipping upside down or sinking.

It was the first time I made this far and so it was time for the Submersion test.

I than had this talk with my drone: " Do you realize that you have gone where no other phantoms have gone before you, storm after storm, down pour after down pour you have flown for me fearlessly unharmed and ready to fly again. Now I need you to do something that I thought I would never ask .

Now I need you to go into the abyss into the depths where no drones ever return and I have to drown you in the lake to get you there.. I will try to come after you but today we do this alone , there are no cameras its just you and me and if you dont make it , I have a 100 videos to remember you by.

Something like that, but even more sad. No sleep can do some things.

I than jumped off the dock into the water and walked out to the deepest part of the lake, where I started to push the drone under water, immediately the now dead battery came back to life and the drone lit up , the lights under the arms came on and the battery was showing a single green bar. , seems the Phantom Rain Wet Suit was still working beautifully to keep the water out .

I than forced the drone under the water until there were no more bubbles left ..all of its air forced out of it with the cold morning lake water inside of it. I pushed it down as far as it would go with my arms.

I than lifted my leg and put my foot gently inside the leg of the drone and pushed it to the sandy bottom and held it under the water for about 10 minutes , I than released it to its final end.

I than watched as these green lights started to get closer to the surface and the drone popped up upside down, floating with flickering green lights on top , letting me know his legacy would not end now...

The Buoyancy was spot on, and the size of the Phantom Rain Life Jacket minimal , it was amazing as I had tried so many times and failed, but never with a lower center of gravity and newly designed hull.. lol

You have to have worked on something for a very long time and experienced nothing but total failure to understand how Epic this moment was .. not to mention how cool the Rescue jackets look on the drone and the small footprint it uses to get the job done.

Product Information: For the New Phantom Rain Rescue Jackets

They will come in 3 colors Neon Blue - Trauma 1 Red and Eclipse Black.

Neon Blue will be the first batch to be released followed by the Trauma and than Black Eclipse

The colors will match with the Phantom Rain Wet Suits however they can be used as a stand alone product to just float your drone..

Obviously to get the most out of your Phantom Rain Rescue Jacket you will want the Phantom Rain Wet Suit as its awesome and offers many great benefits to being in the water.

Despite how good the Product is at floating your Drone it is not made to be a Submarine.
We do not recommend that you drop your drone into the water, we do it to show you what is possible.

Phantom 3 flyers : Although you may not get the advantage of the Wet Suits you will still be able to Rescue your drone in the high seas with the Phantom Rescue jackets. Coming soon.

PHANTOM RAIN RESCUE JACKETS / PHANTOM RAIN WET SUITS -
TOGETHER YOU DRONE IS UNSTOPPABLE.

Do to legal mumbo jumbo, patents, pricing etc, we will be releasing pics, vids, commercials, hype and Sea - Doo drone tag videos on are website through out the coming months. : Phantomrain.org

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 12.19.17 AM.png

Yes the Rescue Jacket will be able to come on and off the drone unlike the Wet Suit that is meant to stay on permanently.

Yes, bottom line , if I had not gotten the Jet Ski , I would still be playing in the tub. lol

No the camera will not be affected in anyway by the jacket nor the gimbal

No it does not fit on the bottom of the legs as my design is much more in depth and radical than that.

Yes it can easily come on and off the Drone, takes less than a minute .

The prototypes start on the computer, than work with clay and play-dough to test for fit of parts and back to computer to find geo shapes or curves that work in place and than back to clay. Than to cardboard and clay mix. Than to cork. Than Final materials always and expense to work with but needed for more test until productions values. So Prototypes are a mess, but needed for fit in when working with intricate parts.

Yes a 3D printer would be interesting, but it was thinking 3D that was the problem in the first place.

Yes the Rescue Jackets may affect speed, distance , we have yet to test any of that but we will get there.

From a distance of about 15 feet you will not even be able to see the Rescue Jacket the imprint is small.

No it does not effect the GPS signal

No the design it not even remotely similar to any other company that offers something like this.

Yes you will be able to add lights to it among other things.

No the advantages of being able to land and survive in the water are to many to list.

Yes it is designed to float the Phantom drones fully filled with water or submerged under water.

The unit does not have a final weight yet, but its extremely feather light.

NO - we have not tested it in the salt water, if you are thinking Rescue than this is perfect but if you have thoughts about sitting in the water and flying, thats not going to happen, salt water is like poison to the drone. Think Rescue only

No it is not possible that the Rescue jacket will come off, its design structure follows the same creative idea of the battery seal on the wet suit. Not coming off until it is unlocked.

No we have not tested it in crazy high winds , however because the foot print is so small I do not see that as being a problem.

Yes I mentioned that it looked cool, think of it like a girl wearing a pair of glasses, you get past it easy. But it does look cool in the water, :)

Yes, When you add the Phantom Rain Wet Suit with the Phantom Rain Rescue Jacket its a beast in the Water.

Yes, the Drone sinking into the Ocean and lakes and Rivers is not environment friendly, this can change that for the phantoms anyway .

No it will not interfere with any of the Approved Lights being used today for night flying as the legs are not effected by the Phantom Rain Rescue Jacket

Yes , being innovative and creative is what created the success for the Phantom Rain Wet Suits its going to be the exact same thing for the Rescue jackets. Innovative thinking and creative design always make it simple.

To design the wet suit it took me over 180 different design prototypes . It was exhausting.
The Rescue Jackets not as many Maybe 20 I ran out of ideas to engage the drone with.

Yes, Loosing Drones in the water is heart breaking, frustrating, and sickening really. So those feeling are going to be put to rest .

New Pictures coming soon, as we release the Rescue Jackets.

Its time to take another look at the Wet Suits as the Phantom Rain Rescue Jackets will give the Wet Suits a whole new meaning when it comes to surviving the Abyss.

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 1.22.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 1.29.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 1.32.50 AM.png

The Mavic 2 Pro may be the new King of the land ,but thee who commands the Oceans, Rivers and Lakes will fly like a god.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor

Will try to keep this thread updated as the Evolution takes place on the new Phantom Rain Rescue Jackets.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 1.31.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 1.31.30 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 590
Last edited:
Ok . lost my phantom to a lake a month ago . lets see some water footage ? like the phantom floating on a body of water and then taking off or watching you submerge a phantom and then watching it take off . etc

Reactions: Neon Euc
Ok . lost my phantom to a lake a month ago . lets see some water footage ? like the phantom floating on a body of water and then taking off or watching you submerge a phantom and then watching it take off . etc

Lol we offer you the moon and you ask for the stars, flying after being submerged under water not happening. Taking off after landing doable.
We will keep you posted, sorry about your phantom drowning.

Reactions: DKG13CC and BigAl07
I'm very anxious to see what you've come up with. It's a very good idea to say the least. I'm looking forward to more info as it becomes available.

Lol we offer you the moon and you ask for the stars, flying after being submerged under water not happening. Taking off after landing doable.
We will keep you posted, sorry about your phantom drowning.
why didn't you post a video of it floating and or taking off from the float ? if it's just a rescue suit designed to keep it afloat so you can spends hundreds fixing i would rather it sink . that way i can collect the full price from state farm which i did in my case .

why didn't you post a video of it floating and or taking off from the float ? if it's just a rescue suit designed to keep it afloat so you can spends hundreds fixing i would rather it sink . that way i can collect the full price from state farm which i did in my case .

It's still in development so they aren't releasing those pics/vid yet. Patience grass-hoppa.

I can tell you this much.... I lost a P3P in the lake because it sunk and I would have paid a LOT for the SD card because it had data that was irreplaceable.

While this product may not be for everyone there are some of us that would very much like to see this one available and in use in the real world.

Ive never tried your product, but I admire you for your persistance, and ability to deal with naysayers. I thought surely with your advertising push for the wetsuit, that it was your star player. Now that i know this isnt the case, I look forward to what you have coming for us

Ive never tried your product, but I admire you for your persistance, and ability to deal with naysayers. I thought surely with your advertising push for the wetsuit, that it was your star player. Now that i know this isnt the case, I look forward to what you have coming for us

Now that is fantastic to hear thank you, You are right about the naysayers as there are many , but it is because of those that have strong negativity that left the Extreme Flying Market wide open and it has been so much bigger than anticipated , just this week alone do to the hurricane , we cannot keep up.

The very first order we got on the forum was for 500 wetsuits for the UK distributor, almost to much for us to handle to soon. Now we have a new product that is a game changer , so were taking it slow, as we do not want to get crushed like the last time. This is going to appeal to a bigger audience, so we look forward to having you come on board the minute you see it and that smile comes to your face. Its coming , thank you again for the kind words.

It's still in development so they aren't releasing those pics/vid yet. Patience grass-hoppa.

I can tell you this much.... I lost a P3P in the lake because it sunk and I would have paid a LOT for the SD card because it had data that was irreplaceable.

While this product may not be for everyone there are some of us that would very much like to see this one available and in use in the real world.
Still in development . this is putting the cart before the horse just a bit . guess you need to contain your excitement just a bit lol.

Still in development . this is putting the cart before the horse just a bit . guess you need to contain your excitement just a bit lol.

Not in development , patents take time to finalize, as do mass quantity for release date , Lol. So the horse is moving.

Reactions: The Texan
Update Status: The weight of the Phantom Rain Rescue jackets are now at 4 ounces trying to scale to 3.8 ounces before final production phase. The weight of the Phantom Rain Wet Suits is 2.8 ounces as we scale back 2 ounces to make room for the weight of Rescue Jacket.

I didn't read every post here, but, it doesn't look like the camera is protected. That seems like the most delicate part of the 'copter. So... is it?

Do you expect to have the full wetsuit for p3p anytime soon. I use my drone for fishing so I'm glad to see this. Great work... looking forward to seeing some videos

Do you expect to have the full wetsuit for p3p anytime soon. I use my drone for fishing so I'm glad to see this. Great work... looking forward to seeing some videos

We are going to have the Rescue Jackets after the release of the Phantom 4 , but the wet suit for the Phantom 3 is being tested now , those vents on top of the unit change the dynamics as does the camera mount . Will keep you posted,

I didn't read every post here, but, it doesn't look like the camera is protected. That seems like the most delicate part of the 'copter. So... is it?

No the camera is not the most delicate part by any means when it comes to the water. Will keep you posted with a few videos coming soon. Thank you.

What sort of flight time reduction is the rescue jacket giving? Around 2 minutes? Phantom 3 weight penalty was around 1.3s/ gram of additional weight added (in a hover).

No the camera is not the most delicate part by any means when it comes to the water. Will keep you posted with a few videos coming soon. Thank you.
So you're saying that submerging the camera is not a problem? I've had water between lens elements in a "regular" camera and believe me, it was a problem.

[emoji848][emoji848] I fly over water almost every flight if my copter did take a swim #1 I would have no way to retrieve it, I seldom bring a boat along #2 it’s salt water so ☹️ #3 Id never trust it even if I paid someone to resurrect the corpse...Interesting idea but finding potential buyers may be a tough one

So you're saying that submerging the camera is not a problem? I've had water between lens elements in a "regular" camera and believe me, it was a problem.

We have that there is not issue with the camera on the Phantom 4 that we have tested in the water, however the gimbal ring is where the water intake is fast and furious , which is why we created the Surge Ring to slow that water intake.

The Rescue Jackets will utilize the Surge Ring allowing you the best chance to submerge and fly away.
Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31