New Phantom 3 Pro failed to RTH

Final thought, replay your flight in the go app and look at your inputs. That will tell you if you flew to the farthest point yourself or not. The latter would mean a flyaway and more reason to talk to DJI for analysis.

Cell 1 on your battery is having issues. And besides the problems you were having, please tell me you were not flying in the wind the data is showing. 31 MPH wind with 53 MPH Gusts!!!!
Yes - I hadn't realised the winds were that strong however another post talks about the P3P taking off in 40mph winds. Albeit I now realise the P3P shouldn't be taken off in winds that exceed 22mph.

Final thought, replay your flight in the go app and look at your inputs. That will tell you if you flew to the farthest point yourself or not. The latter would mean a flyaway and more reason to talk to DJI for analysis.
Thanks. Checked this and it hadn't flown past this point. Good spot tho.

In my humble opinion, a "flyaway" is by far the least likely cause of any P3 issue.

My first thoughts in this case (without looking at the file yet) are:
1. The RTH altitude was set too low for the area you were flying.
2. RTH is set to "Landing" rather than set to "Return to Home"
3. It just automatically began to land due to battery level.

Battery.PNG
I pushed it and held it until the voice feedback stated it was RTH.
Looks like you have a bad battery, or you battery wasn't able to balance the cells properly if you disconnected it before it was fully charged.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4