New P3 SE Firmware: your experience

Reaction score
A new firmware version (firmware : v1.5.40) has been released on November 24 for the P3SE.
What is your experience with this new version?

Nothing so far, I haven't switched on my baby since that... But I'm curious too...

I've upgraded just now. Don't do that! It realised it was working in FCC mode. Now it adjusted itself to CE mode, and my distance is less than half I had before... That's it so far, I'm looking for the solution to downgrade and reset it to FCC mode...

Reactions: doubru and chatikib
I have read similar messages. My P3SE also flies beyond the prescribed standard in CE. I think it also flies in FCC mode. That means that I can better ignore this firmware update.

I have learned with DJI that every change/update is not a improvement.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Lucky you, how can I downgrade it? Will it to FCC when there's a new firmware installed, or just continue with the current settings?

Yes, I get a message in my screen that there is an update available but I do nothing with it.
I never accepted the upgrade, I downloaded it to my phone, but doesn't started the upgrade. For a few days I had the warning, but battery wasn't full, or I had no time to start - so I never clicked to install. So I really don't understand wich way, but yesterday I realized, that I'm already on latest firmware, version 1.5.40 :confused:

Lucky you, how can I downgrade it? Will it to FCC when there's a new firmware installed, or just continue with the current settings?
Mount your mobile device (the same which you used for the update) on the RC.
Ensure you have internet connectivity with your mobile device.
Power on the RC.
Launch the GO App
From the main connect screen, press and hold the Graduates Cap in the upper right corner for at least five (5) seconds (seems forever).. and then go...

printscreen.jpg

Last edited:
I never accepted the upgrade, I downloaded it to my phone, but doesn't started the upgrade. For a few days I had the warning, but battery wasn't full, or I had no time to start - so I never clicked to install. So I really don't understand wich way, but yesterday I realized, that I'm already on latest firmware, version 1.5.40 :confused:
That's weird... Anyway, what about the distance changes?

Power on the RC.
Launch the GO App
From the main connect screen, press and hold the Graduates Cap in the upper right corner for at least five (5) seconds (seems forever).. and then go...

View attachment 91471
Thanks, I'll try it as soon as I'm at home... We it ask me for upgrade again after downgraded?

I tried, I have maximum distance now just about 600m. It is disconnected after that... Had 2 drops after 500m, but I kept force it to go, and I got the 600m...bye bye 1 mile

Power on the RC.
Launch the GO App

View attachment 91471
I got the selection window, but it doesn't bring me any of the old firmwares... I was on the upgrader mobile, but I tried my other one too, no result. Can I download the old firmware to a folder where it can recognise that?

Im Still running what my P-3SE came with...the 1.3.20+....as of now near 7 hours of "stick time" and not a issue....i'm sticking with my version for a while...do you blame me !

I went back to 1.3.20, still knows I'm in Europe :( Even tried 1.2.10, still the same... Where does it store my previous location? I'm sure, if I could delete it, with the 1.3.20 fw it wouldn't be able to detect it, and would give me the FCC mode... Any idea? Or should I downgrade the APP too? If yes, what's the best way to get the old ones from?

I went back to 1.3.20, still knows I'm in Europe :( Even tried 1.2.10, still the same... Where does it store my previous location? I'm sure, if I could delete it, with the 1.3.20 fw it wouldn't be able to detect it, and would give me the FCC mode... Any idea? Or should I downgrade the APP too? If yes, what's the best way to get the old ones from?
Every version of firmware handle the RF standard based on GPS coordinates. If you was in Europe on FCC that was a bug. How can you reproduce the bug? Nobody can tell it. Only thing you can do, to switch your drone to FCC in indoor environment by using fake GPS on your mobile device. I tried it, but as you go out it will automatically switch back to CE mode. But, pherhaps if you have very big luck the switch on any firmware version will by undefined circumstances buggy, and you stay in FCC again. But the probability is low...

Last edited:
Reactions: akossss
Sounds good, I think it can work... Based on I'm not the only who had great distance in Europe, in sure a general bug in the SE versions...if it doesn't work, I'll probably switch to the 3 Professional...

I downgraded the firmware, giving fake locations. It worket, it switched back. But as you wrote, it tries to switch back to CE as soon as it has GPS, or the mobile has real gps. I think it's because they released a new app version too. I found old one online, but the resource files are missing... Does anyone has the full, usuable old APK? It's about 140MB, the 90MB version doesn't include the files I need...

Last edited:
And YESSSS, it worked! I did it! My Phantom 3 SE flies in FCC mode everywhere again! I'll open a new thread, and give the details there, I'm sure few guys are interested in this...
Same problem !:( after this bull****t v.1.5.40 update my drone flying max at 100 m!! :( How do You downgrade firmware?! (right upper corner did not help - no available firmware).dji support said that downgrade is not possible...=\

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl