New P3 SE Firmware: your experience

And YESSSS, it worked! I did it! My Phantom 3 SE flies in FCC mode everywhere again! I'll open a new thread, and give the details there, I'm sure few guys are interested in this...
Congratulation!
I'm happy, that my idea worked :) I'm curious if it will succed for other devices as well... Especial for mine ;)

Reactions: akossss
Im Still running what my P-3SE came with...the 1.3.20+....as of now near 7 hours of "stick time" and not a issue....i'm sticking with my version for a while...do you blame me !

What about yours? Still didn't force the upgrade? Everything is okay, even with the new mobile APP?

What about yours? Still didn't force the upgrade? Everything is okay, even with the new mobile APP?
Akossss Ever things just fine,,,,I have read way too may horror stories about Up dates that screwed things up...And i see questions asked like "should i Up date i have this version firmware "......many reply If its all going good and no issues.....Stay with what you have !....thats what i'm doing to i do have the latest Go App !

Mine was flying as a charm right out of the box. Then I upgraded as usual, as a DJI confident user, and all hell broke loose!!! I lost video signal on Android, Marshmallow, got frequent disconnects on iOS, and even though it worked ok on Android KitKat, I wasn't confident enough to fly again.
So I googled for older firmware files, downloaded them to my computer, put the 1.3 on the freshly formatted micro SD card, inserted it on the Phantom, powered the remote control on, powered the Phantom on, connected WiFi on my mobile device with the DJI Go app already running, and it automatically downgraded without any problem. Then when notified to restart, I powered down everything, formatted the micro SD card on the computer, reinserted it on the Phantom, turned everything back on, connected WiFi, executed DJI Go app and now it works again, even in Android Marshmallow!!!

I got my p3se on Xmas. Noir a beginner at all but I notice my p3se says up to date. I have had a couple little issues like motor wobbles but set yaw,pitch,roll to 90% and all better. I have had a couple little Gimbal twitches and beginner mode seems to want to stay on something. Restarting it has fixed it but this morning b4 work it didn't want to go past that silly 30m. If it says up to date is there a previous update or can it still update? Can some one help a guy out who knows more about the p3 then me? Thank you all!

I got my p3se on Xmas. Noir a beginner at all but I notice my p3se says up to date. I have had a couple little issues like motor wobbles but set yaw,pitch,roll to 90% and all better. I have had a couple little Gimbal twitches and beginner mode seems to want to stay on something. Restarting it has fixed it but this morning b4 work it didn't want to go past that silly 30m. If it says up to date is there a previous update or can it still update? Can some one help a guy out who knows more about the p3 then me? Thank you all!

First things first: where do you live (Europe / USA). Second point is about the update request. Does it offer a firmware update?

Reactions: vhanhisuanto
First things first: where do you live (Europe / USA). Second point is about the update request. Does it offer a firmware update?
I live in the US and it doesn't ask for an update and above where it says calibrate compass it say latest firmware! It's odd cuz I just took it for a flight and its perfect now. I turned the beginner mode on then off even though it was off I the first place and it was flying great! Maybe app bugs or glitches?

I live in the US and it doesn't ask for an update and above where it says calibrate compass it say latest firmware! It's odd cuz I just took it for a flight and its perfect now. I turned the beginner mode on then off even though it was off I the first place and it was flying great! Maybe app bugs or glitches?
The fault described by you is more common. I experienced the same a few days ago. Nobody really knows exactly what is going on. I advise you to pay attention to whether you are logged into DJI. When not, do it anyway.

My solution was to remove the app, restart the tablet (or whatever you're using) and then reinstall the app. Then log in again at DJI.

And YESSSS, it worked! I did it! My Phantom 3 SE flies in FCC mode everywhere again! I'll open a new thread, and give the details there, I'm sure few guys are interested in this...
Hi, congratulations for the succesful mod, can you send the the link for the new thread to check the FCC mode? thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic